80x Cleric. How do I gear?

Socordia - Lost City
Socordia - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
I'm a level 72 Cleric and I'm just planning ahead of how I should gear my Cleric when I get there. I'm an arcane Cleric and wondering how I should socket/gear my equipment and among other questions :x

I'll just list my questions!

1) Is there a point in where I should stop putting points into Magic?

2) In regards to my equipment, should I be looking out for Physical Res + or HP + or a mix of both?

3) Is there a standard in my HP/PHY I should reach for?

I was told upon reaching level 70 I shouldn't bother with getting level 70 HH gear since 3-Star gear is better which Iv'e seen that it is! Is this the same for HH 80?
Post edited by Socordia - Lost City on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't bother getting TT80 gear untill you get to 90 as for mag points it is up to you.I would go either with what suits you depending on what your hps are at and if satisfied go for garnets other wise citrines.

There really is no standard as it is your build that you want to reach for.How do you want it to be like.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1) There is never enuff MAG

2)8X well u can find both, specially on rings and other ornaments and 4 armor when i was 70> i had 2 sets, HP set for grinding, p.def set 4 TT bosses.
    80>going with TT gear.

3)Not get 1 shoted by an AoE or a mob is only standard i can think of. But idk, with my crappy gear i have with bm buffs more then 45% p.def + lots of %p.def dmg reduction stuff with 3k HP

Lookie, TT70 isnt specially, but u will want to make ur TT80 cause u will want to make ur TT90, unless u plan to buy them i suggest u make them and bank them if nothing else. But note that TT80 is decent.

(rawr if i made sense)
    b:dirty
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd personally only have 1 TT80 gear, it's the headset and it's because I got it rather cheap. For most of TT70 and 80 gear you can buy it cheaper then you can make it. but then also you can get regular gear alot cheaper and usually just as good or better. but to make TT80 requires TT70 so if you don't have 70 their is little sense in 80. But you don't need 80 for 90 unless you plan on going for TT90 Gold which is bound when used so you then have no resale value and take a real shot to the foot if you get to lvl 99.

Personally as far as armor goes, basically get what you can for a decent deal. check the AH everyday something will likely come up. For Pdef or HP you want a mix of both. I first went all hp, but later realized pdef has alot more to offer. most boss's who have a ranged aoe have physical aoe, so the pdef is necessary, and since you will most likely be doing bb during this as long as your heal can keep your hp up it doesn't matter that much as to how much hp you have. I personally would like to have more pdef then hp but is kinda hard since most armor that is pre-sharded have citrines in it.

And on the last note you can never have too much magic.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    bleh 80 tt, too much pain

buy 77 mold top and gloves
    70 mold pants

from green things headwear maybe coz it s with nice p def add (optional anyway)
    but u may get green 80 wheel coz it s <3 and u wll need souledge for 90 wheel <3

rest of 90 gear dont need souledges btw*

and at 80s u wanna go more hp>p.def coz:

-there arent many bosses that u need much p.def while u bb (1-3 maybe, but seriously, if ur team wont be able to kill soulbanisher before he start one-shot with aoe then change team). just use hp food

-wud be nice if u get 5k+ buffed hp for FC after 85lvl coz if ur squad suck it will be painful (but dont make it ur goal, i didnt have 5k and still fc a lot with my 4,5k :3 tho avoided squading with ppz that are unable to learn)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    also get the genie skill called EXPELL for FC ,use it when those physical mobs get u in BB and kill u less than 1second, because u resist everything, i did FC with 3k HP -.-
    edited January 2010
    or absolute domain :P (it has similar effect like expell tho it is 5 meters aoe which may save ur close-friends b:chuckle
    (btw doesnt expell cancel bb with silence?)

but yeah, u dont need rly 5k hp (i did with umm 3,5?) but it wasnt fun on clone boss with nubs coz i used to solo-heal fc b:sad
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Socordia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Thanks guys! I'll continue to do the whole 9 Magic/1 Strength then.
    On that, I follow the mindset of FAC Cleric but as I leveled I soon realized that I'd need more to get me levels which brought about leveling more healing/support spells. I've normally actually been gearing more towards ' Magic + ' items but I'm seeing that additional HP/PHY is gonna be more beneficial. Question on imbueing gems into our armor, HP or PHY? I'mma guess PHY though.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    garnets all the way.
    edited January 2010
    dont go all p.def. u will end up with like '2,something' k hp at 80lvl and MOST nubs in server wont want to squad with u coz ur hp will scare them of.

everytime u die in tt from aoe nubs will blame ur hp not their lack of DD skill (even if aoe was indeed phy)

noone will wanna take u to gamma coz every nub will tell u to get >3,5k buffed for it

and it s not coz hp>p.def

it s coz nubs are nubs, and it s hard to change that b:surrender

fix ur p.def but keep ur hp high enough to get 'minimum requirments' for instances (even if thy fake) to simply make ur toon's life easier

• Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I find myself agreeing with pretty much everything Paramedic's saying :P
    Don't bother getting HH gear before 90, the only things worth it are the weapons (although I'm still wearing the hh80 hat because it pwns). Legendary 77 sleeves and robe, and 70 pants are excellent, should last you until 90.
    HH80 gold gear is nice but I really wouldn't bother, I preferred to have something I could sell when I hit 90.

Put as much as you can into magic without wrecking your hp: you may find that you'll want to restat at 90 and give yourself a bit more matk whilst keeping a decent level of hp, so don't worry too much about that…I wouldn't put more than 100 base vit though. For PvE 3-3.5k is probably absolutely fine when it comes to hp as an 8x (in instances where you need more hp you generally have a barb anyway), I'd aim for at least similar level of pdef if you can: I'd recommend putting a few garnets in to bring it up too.

Oh, and if you can refine your gear to +3 without using dragon orbs (and not too many mirages) do it. Even +2's useful.
  • ManOnTheEdge - Sanctuary
    ManOnTheEdge - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1) Is there a point in where I should stop putting points into Magic?

I like to think that no matter how much MAG I have, I'm 3 or 4 short. And when I level and get that 3 or 4, I'm magically 3 or 4 more short; You can never have enough

2) In regards to my equipment, should I be looking out for Physical Res + or HP + or a mix of both?

Unless your planning on TT armor, at lower levels that's exactly what I did, a mix of both, but if you can find equip that has both, your golden.

3) Is there a standard in my HP/PHY I should reach for?

Phy depens on what you feel you can do. As for HP.. 3k+ by 80 is what I aimed for.. and I got to 3700.. Gear helps loads.
  • Diancecht - Harshlands
    Diancecht - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I did all HP shards on TT80 armor, through my 80s. Now that I'm building out my TT90 armor, I'm mixing HP with p.def.

In my 80s, I made sure that I had ornaments with p.def and refined them to +3 and that was sufficient for PvP and instances, alike.
  • Socordia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I'mma just question more things!!

I'm looking at the level 80TT Gear and I'm seeing two different potential Body Pieces I could get which are

☆Robe of Spirit Eater
    HP: +60
    Vitality +5~6
    Reduce Physical damage taken +1%

vs

☆Robe of Intangibility
    Metal Resistance +298
    Magic +5~6

I don't care if the Robe of the Spirit Eater may or may not cost huge amounts more than Robe of Intangibility, I'll get it. It gives stats that I'm currently looking for VIT/HP smexyiness! But! Before I set my plans on obtaining this gear, is there any reason on why I should settle for the Robe of Intangibility?

Also I'm looking at 80x both Pants of Intangibility/Spirit Eater and they are both sort of lackluster compared to my Dark Pants of Hades (4 Sockets.) Is it the right decision just to take the Dark Pants of Hades up to around 90x? I'm leaning towards more the Dark Pants of Hades and if I do, just needa figure out if I wanna gem it with HP or DEF @ @.

Thoughts? ;D

Edit:: I think I just realized Spirit Eater is a Mold! D:
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I'm looking at the level 80TT Gear and I'm seeing two different potential Body Pieces I could get which are

☆Robe of Spirit Eater
    Vitality +5~6

vs

☆Robe of Intangibility
    Metal Resistance +298
    Magic +5~6

I don't care if the Robe of the Spirit Eater may or may not cost huge amounts more than Robe of Intangibility, I'll get it. It gives stats that I'm currently looking for VIT/HP smexyiness! But! Before I set my plans on obtaining this gear, is there any reason on why I should settle for the Robe of Intangibility?

Also I'm looking at 80x both Pants of Intangibility/Spirit Eater and they are both sort of lackluster compared to my Dark Pants of Hades (4 Sockets.) Is it the right decision just to take the Dark Pants of Hades up to around 90x? I'm leaning towards more the Dark Pants of Hades and if I do, just needa figure out if I wanna gem it with HP or DEF @ @.

Thoughts? ;D

Dark Pants of Hades will last you fine up to 90. The shards are pretty much up to you, so good luck choosing. b:chuckle

Spirit Eater isn't a mold, it's the TT Gold equipment. If you're buying the mats to make them, they're WAY more expensive, as they require gold mats. (going price is around 3mil per mat on HT, dunno bout other servers) If you're planning to farm the mats yourself from TT runs, you better hope you're extremely lucky, because the gold mats are rare drops XD

As others have said, the 77 mold (Steppenwolf's Cape) is also a very viable alternative. The stats are only marginally lower than the TT80 gear, and the bonuses are still decent. Not to mention, WAY cheaper than all the TT mats for the others. (This was what I chose for my cleric)

Hope this helps. b:pleased
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010

☆Robe of Spirit Eater
    Vitality +5~6

vs

☆Robe of Intangibility
    Metal Resistance +298
    Magic +5~6

Thoughts? ;D

Although I'm not a cleric, but since you are talking about TT 80 gold armors, I think I can give an advice xD

Robe of Spirit Eater is not a mold, it is a piece of gold armor that's why its name is in gold. That means you have to get more rarer TT mats and more subs to make it.

I have both TT80 gold top and bottom. In order to make Robe of Spirit Eater, you need 2x Feng Steel Armor, 8x Mane of Consumer of Souls, 16 Klunky Swords and 18 subs. Steel armor costs around 600k each on HT (not sure about LC), Mane is about 100k each, sub is around 65k each. So you are looking at around 3,170,000 coins to make the Robe of Spirit Eater on HT (price on LC might be different).

Quite frankly speaking, although I enjoy both of my TT80 gold top and bottom, I don't think it is worth it... If you do some searches, you can find cheap TT80 normal armors with similar adds.
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I find myself agreeing with pretty much everything Paramedic's saying :P
    Don't bother getting HH gear before 90, the only things worth it are the weapons (although I'm still wearing the hh80 hat because it pwns). Legendary 77 sleeves and robe, and 70 pants are excellent, should last you until 90.
    HH80 gold gear is nice but I really wouldn't bother, I preferred to have something I could sell when I hit 90.

I agree completely, personally I used a mix of shards on my 7x mold gear and used it to 90. The tt80 is pretty much a waste of time imho, save your coin for tt90 :D and it is only path to 99.