Raging Tide Server

noxus1
noxus1 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Hello, i am downloading PWI client now, and i was wondering is Raging Tide server on east coast?
Asking cause i am in Europe, and as far as i know that is newest server (good for newbie like me).
Post edited by noxus1 on

Comments

• Neurosis - Heavens Tear
    Neurosis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes. New Jersey, I think.
  • noxus1
    edited January 2010
    Sweet!
    Gotta say that community seems great so far, everyone is quick to respond and willing to help :D
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    noxus12 wrote: »
    Sweet!
    Gotta say that community seems great so far, everyone is quick to respond and willing to help :D

Ill see you when your level 30.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    willing to flame and troll also but yes you'll find alot alot of people that do a great job at answering.
    Also hope you enjoy the game and welcome.
  • Efa - Raging Tide
    Efa - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010

u think ur so goooood
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You also picked a great choice for a New Comer like yourself because Raging Tide is the newest server that came out so, you might not see many high lvls as in all the other servers. b:pleased

Lastly, Welcome to PWI I hope you enjoy the game. b:byeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You also picked a great choice for a New Comer like yourself because Raging Tide is the newest server that came out so, you might not see many high lvls as in all the other servers. b:pleased

Lastly, Welcome to PWI I hope you enjoy the game. b:byeb:victory

except that PW failed by addin oracles to the cash shop for a short time hence a ton of kids with their moms credit cards leveled to 80 in like less then a week...so much for that idea but still not a bad server ^^
  • noxus1
    edited January 2010
    Thanks guys b:kiss
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Raging tide is a PvE server, so that won't be a problem unles you turn on PK mode
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Actually, it's nothing special. As a newcomer, you can join any other PvE server, 'cuz with the awesome oracle selling anniversary rich kids got to their 80's within a week everywhere. As I think about it, you should start looking for something other than PWI. It will be a big disappointment once you realize, that witout whipping out a credit card your work will never really pay off.

Few months ago I was kicked out of partys in the 70's without a Herc (yes, this isn't my first Veno) now I got kicked out even at 30's without one. People started to believe that for pet tanking not just harder or end-game-ish stuff needs Herc, but the whole game. And I haven't even started about charm costs for Barb. Grinding alone is fine. But no party wants a charmless Barb nowdays. Good thing there are private servers in world.

(Flame as much as you want guys, but it's interesting when I grind in PWI for 4 hours to get max. 200k which worths almost nothing and grind on a private server for 4 hours and get a nice mount, two 3 star/3soc armour piece and some spare money. The second one seems as a fair challenge without involving credit cards. :P Oh, and we have events twice a week and plus events at holidays. Christmas was awesome with all that fancy new stuff.)

---Banhammer time? :D---
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The new servers are really great.
    Because a ton of people start off
    completely new, we're almost all
    equal.

Keep leveling and keep playing!
    Your going to enjoy playing in RT
    b:victoryb:cute

Edit:
    Before I get flamed about the
    oracles, my comment is that
    although many people used
    (and using) oracles,
    it won't matter soon since the
    anniversary packs will be gone
    b:pleased

And before even worser flames,
    Raging Tide was hit pretty hard
    with oracles but then again,
    every server was hit with oracles
    so its wrong to say Raging Tide
    is all about oraclers.
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • noxus1
    edited January 2010
    I am sure not that many ppl are super rich...
    Besides if lvling is only point for them in mmorpg then i dont wanna play with them anyway, so it even comes as a good thing that they are high lvl already...
  • RedPeach - Lost City
    RedPeach - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    noxus12 wrote: »
    I am sure not that many ppl are super rich...
    Besides if lvling is only point for them in mmorpg then i dont wanna play with them anyway, so it even comes as a good thing that they are high lvl already...

You don't need to use Credit Card bla3 to enjoy the game.
    If you want to be competitive with others, yes it will be much easier is you use real $, stated -much easier- which means you can also be competitive without it, just took a longggg time.

The key is, go ask your rl friends to also play the game, make a strategy about which friend should plays a Tanker class (Bard), which friend plays a Healer class (cleric), etc, so you can farm your Gear yourself without using credit card or whatever to buy it from other players.

And pls put a note, if you encountered some bad players in-game, it's not like all players in that server are like that, you just haven't found a nice community, or maybe better, create one yourself.
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010

SMOOOOOTTTHHHH lmao
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    The key is, go ask your rl friends to also play the game, make a strategy about which friend should plays a Tanker class (Bard), which friend plays a Healer class (cleric), etc, so you can farm your Gear yourself without using credit card or whatever to buy it from other players.

*snort*

I so imagined that. Me and my friends meet up in the afternoon at Windswept Village to kill those pesky beasts around. While completing otherwise pointless quests, covered in blood of aoe slaughtering, we text each other about yesterday's raid and write LOL and ROFLMAO after every second sentence to express our good mood. This gets boring after a few hours, so we give in quests, pick up rewards and go on a good old fashioned shopping walk in West Archosaur. Lagging around pink and brown cats, trying on Gucci fashion, getting Armani armours and stare at others, riding fancy DKNY mounts. After getting everything, including a new set of armour, a half-priced pet which interestingly never ages or dies, and that too-cool-to-pass-on black bikini, we search for new quests, flying on giant swords and mantas or with oversized wings which all abuses the law of math and physics but it's quite okay, after seeing we can carry a huge amount of **** in an invisible backpack and weapons are magically glued to our hands.

After deciding to do an instance run one of dies in the middle of it, which is quite an annoyance. Seriously, that idiot just died on us like that while I was pulling a boss! How dare she! Anyway, ignoring things like deadly wounds, still heart, not functioning brain and rotting flesh we ressurect her after 20 minutes and make her promise not to leroy-suicide herself again. Not because we care, rez is your friend, but it's an mp loss for our Clerics! Time is running out too soon, it's almost around midnight so we go sleeping. What a great day it was!

And now a reality check:
    I have real life friends with who I can meet up, go out somewhere, throw a random party or just bake cookies for fun. (Yeah, me and my friends do that alot.) Yet, I spent my time interacting with them through a virtual world. Hell, even reading **** magazines together would have been better. Bringing RL friends into your game, makes quite a distance among them after a time. People who I never known before and live in other continent? Okay. I can only meet them there, but 'cuz of that they remain mainly "faceless persons" who I will never really know. And that's the way things are.

If you play MMORPGs at least don't get your friends in it too, or you will completely stop doing anything than that. It will be fun at first, doing stuff together. Being able to speak with them about the "uber l33t" and "epic" happenings. And then you notice how much time you guys spend together in an instance, and not one minute together at a caffe or at each other's house. I have seen MANY people face this fate.

Sorry, rant off now. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fizics

This just killed your whole rant. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    This just killed your whole rant. b:surrender

Gosh, it did. Thanks for pointing out though. As English is only a second language of mine and still in the process of learning it, sometimes I make the dumbest mistakes of all time. Worst of all, I think, was the phrase "last yesterday". I'll just go and erase this. (:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedPeach - Lost City
    RedPeach - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:chuckle well, interesting story, but anyway, Laptop is your friend.
    you can play with your friends sitting next to each other anywhere with it.

And if my friend enjoy playing it, I wont feel anything near regret.
    I know for once if my friend told me about some MMO (bcos I'm a gamer), and turned out I like it a lot, I would thank my friend for telling me.

Me and my rl friends still enjoying this game until now :o
    Usually we play at each other house, sometimes not, at some occasion, we play together at sleepover.

Anyway, this getting out of topic, I didn't intended to bring 'get your rl friends to play MMO' to the table here; it's just another way to get your Gear in-game if you cannot find a good Party there, or don't want to use rl money to turn it into Coins and buy the Gears from another player.

And there are plenty of way besides that, lets say you don't have any friends at all (rl or cyber), you can buy 4 laptop and make each Class and play it all by yourself to farm the Gear.
    *cough cough*

But if you just want to play this mmo to fill your gap time between activities, then I suppose you don't need epic gear and can just enjoy the game with pretty much you can farm solo in-game.

Just my opinion tho.