an idea to do with running speed

Options
anwynd
anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
ok here it is you know how robe wearing classes run slower then the heavy plated armor wearing classes doesnt make much sense to me so my idea is for wizards,clerics,& psychics to run at 5.0 venos can stay at 5.1 & archers can stay at 5.2 but BMs & barbs speed should be 4.8 it just makes more sense to me wut do you peeps think
Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
Post edited by anwynd on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So-so. I do think the melee classes should run faster. They are supposed to be at the front after all, so it makes more sense to have them be able to get there faster. On the other hand, it would help with Leroy type BM's a bit.

I also do with they up the cleric/wiz/psy speed a bit. Maybe not to 5m/s though. Just to 4.9 would be enough for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • SouthPaw - Dreamweaver
    SouthPaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Melee classes are stronger than Magic classes in terms of "muscle" since they are infact melee. So it only makes sense they run fast with heavy armor on.
    Why would you want to run faster than the guys that are supposed to catch your mobs before they get to you squishy players?
    If you want to run faster learn Holy Path on your genie....
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The whole idea with casters running slower comes from the ages old idea of mages being physically weak. Melees are obviously fast as they are running around in heavier armor, therefore they are required to be more buffed and can therefore run faster. As for Archers, well, archers are archers, plus they happen to be elves.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.