Sage or Demon???

Options
WyldeCleric - Harshlands
WyldeCleric - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
Helloooooooooooooooooooo Harshlands.. My Husband (xPenetratorx Love You Babes!!!) and I Are a Cleric/ Bm Pair. We are both lvl 72 and it will not take us long to reach 80..the 90 woooot!! We have been seriously talking and trying to figure out what we should go Sage or Demon or 1 of each. Some ppl I have spoken to say go 1 of each so that the skillz compliment each other. Our issue with that is, we very much enjoy questing and lvling together. If one of us goes Sage and the other Demon our Quests and Bh's will be different ( If I have correct info). Some say go Demon for both of us, of course, others say Sage. However, we are still unclear so any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appriciated!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WyldeCleric Kick Your ****
WyldeCleric Kick Your Face
WyldeCleric kick Your Ballz Into OuterSpace b:bye

To My Wonderful Husband...xPENETRATORx I Love you Babes..Thank You for an awesome Signature!b:kiss
Post edited by WyldeCleric - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can't answer for a BM, but for a cleric they are very similar. I kinda like demon better, but for catapult healing in TW...sage is the way to go.

The quests might be slightly different for demon and sage, but the BHs are not. And there aren't many quests past 89 anyway. Most people don't even do them at all.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can't answer for a BM, but for a cleric they are very similar. I kinda like demon better, but for catapult healing in TW...sage is the way to go.

The quests might be slightly different for demon and sage, but the BHs are not. And there aren't many quests past 89 anyway. Most people don't even do them at all.

I agree with this.

In all honesty what geared me towards Sage was being on a Cata team for TW.

Most will say, in terms of Clerics -->

Sage --> PvE
    Demon --> PvP

(both are good at both, but this is the general short/simple answer that many agree on)

In terms of BM's....I would check the BM section.

This topic can be easily found (especially in the Cleric forums) in more then a few threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Rose has got it for clerics. Altho id say as a matter of my own opinion that Demon can be sometimes better at flash healing.

BMs are kinda the same situation. Sage BM is good for chi'ing up for dragons and all the other chi moves. Demon is good for attack speed, most notably if you decide to go fist BM (most endgame BMs i kno use fists, even sages (lol Emo, poser demon BM)).
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    keeping this as basic as possible:

sage -> tw
    demon -> world pvp, 1v1

for both classes
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Rose has got it for clerics. Altho id say as a matter of my own opinion that Demon can be sometimes better at flash healing.

BMs are kinda the same situation. Sage BM is good for chi'ing up for dragons and all the other chi moves. Demon is good for attack speed, most notably if you decide to go fist BM (most endgame BMs i kno use fists, even sages (lol Emo, poser demon BM)).

fist is perfectly viable with sage, and with recasting system, it may be even better.

demon bm doesnt worth it unless u can get extremely high refines, or u cant live with the fact that u are sage for whatever reason...
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    fist is perfectly viable with sage, and with recasting system, it may be even better.

demon bm doesnt worth it unless u can get extremely high refines, or u cant live with the fact that u are sage for whatever reason...

Ya but how realistic is recasting to a casual/moderate player? not very. I mean im not doubting sage, it definitely has a wide array of perks, but I was just laying it out to him/her in terms of my experience as a BM and what seems reasonable.

Also, Devoted summed it up nicely.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    Acrelar - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sage cleric isnt tw, it's support. If you can't or don't want to support in any large fights in world pvp,westgate,whatever go demon and be one of the metal mages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sage cleric isnt tw, it's support. If you can't or don't want to support in any large fights in world pvp,westgate,whatever go demon and be one of the metal mages.

one of? im the only metal mage in PWI kk thanks tyvm.

P.S RedsRose, you've deserted me! wont even respond to our thread! b:cry
  • Avoniz - Harshlands
    Avoniz - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    one of? im the only metal mage in PWI kk thanks tyvm.

P.S RedsRose, you've deserted me! wont even respond to our thread! b:cry

Buying metal resist apoc pots!b:surrender
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

How? More info please, elaborate. I am sage BM myself. Could you please explain how a recasting system will make me better fist BM than demon.

Thank you.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    necroooooo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How? More info please, elaborate. I am sage BM myself. Could you please explain how a recasting system will make me better fist BM than demon.

Thank you.

It wont. People like talking out their ****.
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It wont. People like talking out their ****.

Recasting is easy, +12 is cheap, level 100 is fast, and sage is pro pvp.

I love trolling, gets me nice and tired for bed.
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P