Petition for hairstyles

Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
we want the tideborn hair available to all races. and in lieu of that we want new hairstyles for the other races that are of comprable detail and design to the tideborn hair.

the second option would be much more difficult to accomplish.

i'll insert a poll.

and i'll say it again here what ive said elsewhere, i dont care if you guys make this available via customize menu or wigs.

please DO NOT discuss moving the files or editing them in this thread. i do not want my petition to be shut down for discussion of illegal activity. this thread was made as a result of spoons retracting that claim that everyone quotes from surtr.
this thread has nothing to do with any work arounds to give yourself tideborn hair, it is just a plea for them to give us more options.
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LlDonovanll - Heavens Tear
    LlDonovanll - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You know, you can just move the tideborn hairstyles to the map for other races. You won't get banned if you only move them.
  • RedPeach - Lost City
    RedPeach - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I want it to be availabe to all Class too.

If they want to make the new HairStyle to be spesific to Mermaid only, then they should remake all the HairStyle to be spesific to certain Race as well..

Like, Human Race has it's own HairStyle, Elves don't have HairStyle option like Human, as well as Beast. It will be more unique that way imo.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You know, you can just move the tideborn hairstyles to the map for other races. You won't get banned if you only move them.

Don't think so. b:surrender

Here:
    We can clarify this for you:

The post regarding moving .ini files was taken out of context. Surtr stated that moving .ini files was okay provided that the presets you are moving are intended to be used on all races.

The race specific hair styles should not be used for other races, because they are meant to be used on a specific one. Modifying files to put the hair style for a different race on your character is NOT allowed, and it is against the terms of service.

By the way, please let them fix the whole current hair-glitch first, before asking them for new hairstyles. >_>;;
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I've been seeing debate about this, actually. Some say you can't do that because it's moving files, but then we were allowed to put new ini files into old folders, however it's hard to tell what we can and cannot do at this point, what do they consider "moving" files? Rather, what is considered "editing"? Just things people notice like uberplanetaryorbitalboobs with their own gravitational pull and hairstyles on other races? Because I'm sure no one would notice a BM with a cleric's trim hip-line.
    I'm still trying to sort out my brain on this matter, currently sick. Kinda broken.

EDIT: Ninja'd, that helps though. Though planet-breast-syndrome is kinda funny...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm in love with the pigtails hairstyle. I have wet dreams about having it on my veno b:laughb:laugh

Seriously..yes i do want graphical update on the old hairstyle.
    The difference in quaility on the creation screen is ridiculous b:shocked
    I saw the tideborn customization and it seems some features are missing but their face detail and quality of textures is much better than the old ones not just haistyles...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
    edited December 2009
    I've been seeing debate about this, actually. Some say you can't do that because it's moving files, but then we were allowed to put new ini files into old folders, however it's hard to tell what we can and cannot do at this point, what do they consider "moving" files? Rather, what is considered "editing"? Just things people notice like uberplanetaryorbitalboobs with their own gravitational pull and hairstyles on other races? Because I'm sure no one would notice a BM with a cleric's trim hip-line.
    I'm still trying to sort out my brain on this matter, currently sick. Kinda broken.

EDIT: Ninja'd, that helps though. Though planet-breast-syndrome is kinda funny...
    Surtr stated earlier that moving .ini files was okay provided that the presets you are moving are intended to be used on all races. And... only moving them, not using totally new .ini files.

But apparently there's a new rule about this matter. It's quite stupid though, it's not like huge **** or hairstyles on other races would make gaming easier, or change the gameplay in any other way.
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm in love with the pigtails hairstyle. I have wet dreams about having it on my veno b:laughb:laugh

I saw the tideborn customization and it seems some features are missing but their face detail and quality of textures is much better than the old ones not just haistyles...
    blizzard did the same thing with their new races. But then again they had to sell an expansion pack... i think the differnece here is that the devs want a ton of data about their new classes and want to show them off. If they kept the same detail as the old classes what'd make the new ones that better? Nothing. You have to sell your new conent.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Same here. I hope there will be a graphical update soon, but... I hope all glitches will be fixed before that. >_>
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Surtr stated earlier that moving .ini files was okay provided that the presets you are moving are intended to be used on all races. And... only moving them, not using totally new .ini files.

But apparently there's a new rule about this matter. It's quite stupid though, it's not like huge **** or hairstyles on other races would make gaming easier, or change the gameplay in any other way.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6046272&postcount=5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    moved into my initial post
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2009

The rule does indeed have a function involving game play. Many would edit .ini files (and have, alot, on other versions) to create ultra skinny characters that you just cannot click if they're moving in PvP. Conversely they make barbs become click blockers, becoming these grossly obeese characters that you just cant click around. Now you think hair & **** arent the same, but the problem with that is, where do you draw the line? If **** become OK, then Veno's become click-blockers with HUGE boobies. The ruling to not edit is to prevent sizes from hindering gameplay, which it can indeed.
    edited December 2009
    The rule does indeed have a function involving game play. Many would edit .ini files (and have, alot, on other versions) to create ultra skinny characters that you just cannot click if they're moving in PvP. Conversely they make barbs become click blockers, becoming these grossly obeese characters that you just cant click around. Now you think hair & **** arent the same, but the problem with that is, where do you draw the line? If **** become OK, then Veno's become click-blockers with HUGE boobies. The ruling to not edit is to prevent sizes from hindering gameplay, which it can indeed.
    Didn't really think about it that way... sorry. xD
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2009

You seem to be forgetting that we're talking about hair (not body or breast sizes) which is not able to hinder gameplay in any way whatsoever.
    Retired b:bye
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You seem to be forgetting that we're talking about hair (not body or breast sizes) which is not able to hinder gameplay in any way whatsoever.

Look at the person i quoted, he mentioned **** also. He was also talking about the ruling on .ini editting & didnt know why it was needed. Its about where do you draw the line?. This petition is cool (but since the devs are in china & not reading this, its unfortunate it wont be listened to). But it was already delving (despite the OPs objection) into .ini editting and i was trying to reply as to why that is wrong, and not to do it.
  • TMT - Lost City
    TMT - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So moving files around is considered modifying?
    That's lame.
    Good idea with your petition.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    New styles for all please. And tideborn hair being available for all classes.

And give us our hairstyles back, we lost with the expansion.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Tideborn hair is ugly! Hair for other races available for TBs too pleaseeb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I want more hairstyles :) i don't like any of the male TB they look abit to feminine for me lol.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was thinking about moving a Tideborn hairstyle to my veno, since the styles available now kind of suck. I'm glad I looked at this thread before doing it, so now I won't. A shame, though. I would have liked to put a certain TB hairstyle on my veno. b:surrender
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I was thinking about moving a Tideborn hairstyle to my veno, since the styles available now kind of suck. I'm glad I looked at this thread before doing it, so now I won't. A shame, though. I would have liked to put a certain TB hairstyle on my veno. b:surrender

yep, you, me, and a whole bunch of others. hence the petition.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Considering barbs get ripped on the most in this game as far as customization, I dont really have much to say about this subject.

Im still waiting for the dev's to at least give more options for barbs, besides four animals, and 1 true form. *sigh*

But yeah, it would be cool if the TB hair were allowed to be used by all the other classes.

But uhm....I dont know if its going to happen. If it does, it will happen a year from now. PWI cant do any changing of the code, it has to be cleared by the mothership. And the mothership takes ages to get **** done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I like things as they are now. Why should the Tideborn be the same as everyone else? b:bye

Besides, there are more important things for them to do than to change customization around.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    we want the tideborn hair available to all races. and in lieu of that we want new hairstyles for the other races that are of comprable detail and design to the tideborn hair.

the second option would be much more difficult to accomplish.

i'll insert a poll.

and i'll say it again here what ive said elsewhere, i dont care if you guys make this available via customize menu or wigs.

please DO NOT discuss moving the files or editing them in this thread. i do not want my petition to be shut down for discussion of illegal activity. this thread was made as a result of spoons retracting that claim that everyone quotes from surtr.
    this thread has nothing to do with any work arounds to give yourself tideborn hair, it is just a plea for them to give us more options.

I hate all the tideborn hair. I wish that all the other styles were available for my tideborn character. But then each class wouldn't be unique.
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would love to have tideborn hair. They are much better that what we have now.

But tideborn has better everything. When they added new class they made the old ones just look outdated.

Which is sad cause i dont want to play a tideborn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would love to have tideborn hair. They are much better that what we have now.

But tideborn has better everything. When they added new class they made the old ones just look outdated.

Which is sad cause i dont want to play a tideborn.

Do they have better sage/demon skills b:chuckle? I dont think that the hairstyles will change or anything like that. Ive seen alot of requests for stuff but nothing ever changes, like the anni packs, or lack of free in-game events. With that being said I do hope they change the hairstyles around, dont really care for the TB hairstyles.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it would be nice. Not like a money loss for PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    id say all hair types to all races except the new ones with shells keep those for tideborn only
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it would be nice. Not like a money loss for PWI

It really isn't a money loss for them but more like a gain. To think about how many people actually want the TB hairs and different hairs and would actually spend $ on a makeover scroll...I think it's their loss for not implementing it. b:surrender

1-4.jpg
    This was apparently one of the all-class hairstyles available after the TB expansion (and I see it's a cleric because of the wings on the side). Side ponytails b:cry

More pictures (and fash) of "new" hairstyles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Kuaru - Dreamweaver
    Kuaru - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Like someone said earlier, the most important thing for now is to get the old hairstyles back that got lost.
    My cleric is all messed up now :\ And I won't buy a makeover scroll for something that's not my fault..

Right after tideborn were released, I recognized a difference in tideborn graphic compared to the old classes..
    They are much more detailed and realistic..
    So, a general graphical update plus new haistyles for old races and some more for tideborn would be really great b:cute Sure, tideborn are new and special, but the old races at least shouldn't get the feeling to have a graphical disadvantage
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As this is a suggestion related to the game, I will be moving this to the suggestions forum. Leaving a thread redirect link in the General section.