So what's the speculation at when sage/demon for tb will happen

Paer - Raging Tide
Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone here have any speculations as to when it's going to be patched in?

I'm personally feeling the next month or so since i see alot of people getting up to 70ish or atleast getting to 60 now. So at this rate they'll be at the edge of anything for thenew classes in the next month or so.

Anyone have any speculation dates about it?
Post edited by Paer - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When the general player base of the TB characters start getting close to that level, not the people who bought there way to 80 with oracles or scarlet fruit because frankly they dont matter :D.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You'll know right away when they start selling Tideborn skill books in the Boutique. b:victory
    edited December 2009
    You'll know right away when they start selling Tideborn skill books in the Boutique. b:victory

they will be in a Tideborn pack, 1 gold and its a % chance to get each skill, both demon and sage skills will be in the pack to maximise profit and to annoy more of the player base.

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009

You should be focusing on getting Sage yourself, young lady b:victory

On topic : I'd guess a month or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they will be in a Tideborn pack, 1 gold and its a % chance to get each skill, both demon and sage skills will be in the pack to maximise profit and to annoy more of the player base.

Now now, let's be honest here. Each skill will have a 0.1% chance to drop from each TB pack. Each pack will have a 95% chance of dropping something rather useless. b:chuckle
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Now now, let's be honest here. Each skill will have a 0.1% chance to drop from each TB pack. Each pack will have a 95% chance of dropping something rather useless. b:chuckle

Now that sounds more like the PW we have grown to know.

• Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I really don't think they're going to put Tideborn Sage/Demon skills in the boutique. If they did, it would cause a massive ragequit that could ultimately lead to the closure of PWI.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I really don't think they're going to put Tideborn Sage/Demon skills in the boutique. If they did, it would cause a massive ragequit that could ultimately lead to the closure of PWI.

You have a point, but they would put them all in the boutique and that way they feel they have cheated everyone that worked their butts off to get to where they are
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I do not know why everyone is so interested in this tbh. More so because it was known that they were not released when the Expansion went live.....Unless you are an Oracle nub or maybe way to much time on your hands, it does not really affect anyone too much. If you get close to 89 sooner then later, feed exp into your Genie is you want to wait.

The fact that they have not been released does not affect the "general" population imo....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited December 2009
    The fact that they have not been released does not affect the "general" population imo....

It doesn't, it only effects the people that bought there levels and they don't matter ^^.

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It doesn't, it only effects the people that bought there levels and they don't matter ^^.

The people that oracle in fact do matter. They tell us what not to do. They try some crapass build and turn out to be weak. We dont follow. b:victory Also, they pay for the servers.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They may not release 79/100 skills for the Tideborn, and before you all go "zomgwtf but every other class has them", remember this:

Back in ye olde PWI, way back before Lost Empire (which is when 79/100 skills were released) the icons for the 79/100 skills were already in the skill tree. Why have them there if they weren't even obtainable?

That being the case, I'm not 100% sure that we are in fact getting higher level skills.

Besides, the TB are OP enough. xD
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    callam wrote: »
    They may not release 79/100 skills for the Tideborn, and before you all go "zomgwtf but every other class has them", remember this:

Back in ye olde PWI, way back before Lost Empire (which is when 79/100 skills were released) the icons for the 79/100 skills were already in the skill tree. Why have them there if they weren't even obtainable?

That being the case, I'm not 100% sure that we are in fact getting higher level skills.

I could actually see this being the case, though I doubt it. but with the skills the TB already have if they're to remain balanced I can't really see there 79/100 skills being that good.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sage and demon skills are already in the boutique, so the selling of skills won't lead to the ragequit closure of pwi, because if it was going to lead to that, it would have happened already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If they did, it would cause a massive ragequit that could ultimately lead to the closure of PWI.

Now with the release of which pack have I heard this one before..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The people that oracle in fact do matter. They tell us what not to do. They try some crapass build and turn out to be weak. We dont follow. b:victory Also, they pay for the servers.

b:chuckle Interesting....I can see that though. Once others catch up they might find themselves extremely gimped since all they know are the specific Oracle mobs. I have seen some Oracle their way up (no Tide's yet) that are very, very good..but that is definitely the minority and they had had previous experience with the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sage and demon skills are already in the boutique, so the selling of skills won't lead to the ragequit closure of pwi, because if it was going to lead to that, it would have happened already.

they said ragequit b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Actually as far as the company's concerned, the higher levels pay more to play the game, the general player base is currently requiring them to expand their server quantity, increasing costs, the higher levels do not. So, for their profit, supporting higher levels/motivating them to continue is top of the list, regardless of how they got there.

^This though pretty much every build is changeable *points to reset notes*
    callam wrote: »

Ok, this made me lol in my pants.

Quick comparison (Psychic skills are only level 9 atm so will compare vs wiz lvl 9)
    Top damage skills for psy
    Red Tide lvl 9: base damage +190%+5964.9+77% chance for soulforce bleed (lvl85 soulforce 11644) over 9 seconds, range 8 m
    Channel and cast are lower than equivalent wiz "ultimates" but that's all that's better.
    Earth Vector lvl 9: base + 95% weapon damage + 3279.8 +84% chance to stun for 5.7 seconds, range 6m
    channel and cast are lower than wiz ultimates and spell costs only 1 spark with 20 sec cooldown

Wizard
    Mountain's Seize (parallel to Earth Vector) lvl 9: base + 475% weapon+ 7958 +94% chance to stun for 5.7 seconds range 11.6m
    channel and cast combined are over 3x Earth Vector with 2 spark cost but damage is far greater and more spikeable.
    Black Ice Dragon Strike (parallel to Red Tide) lvl 9: base +475% weapon + 9140.8 + 94% chance to slow by 60% for 7.8 seconds
    slower cast than red tide, much more spikeable
    Blade Tempest: dont' think even needs to be compared.

Psychic is OP in the lower levels compared to Wizard, but that balances around level 45-50, and around 80 Psychics are clearly weaker than the wizard counterpart Especially for spike/potential 1 hit ability. They have an obvious role in TW or largescale pk, but as far as pve compared to a Wiz they're a little gimped.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty