Bloodpaint and Aoe's

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Just finished a fb29 solo and happened to have a level 35 assassin in the team. Normally I might end up using a pot or two and a few ToP's, but managed the entire thing without even needing sutra. What I noticed here was Bloodpaint absorbed hp for the damage of each mob in an aoe. What this meant was absorbing around 500hp per skill from aoe on tiny 5 mob groups.

Has anyone tested this skill in aoe grinding or situations like zhen or frost? I heard later levels don't increase in % absorbed, which is rather a shame if true. Just curious is all anyways.
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think you got lucky. The buff is supposed to only work with normal attacks, not skills. b:surrender
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think you got lucky. The buff is supposed to only work with normal attacks, not skills. b:surrender

o.o no it works on skills =P Your info be wrong b:surrender
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I sure hope it works with skills considering later on we don't basic attack except to save mana o.o
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    I sure hope it works with skills considering later on we don't basic attack except to save mana o.o

lol, it does work with Skills.... in fact for me skills are the only thing that give me a good hp return.... regular attacks give me like 8-14 health per hit... and that's with mobs hitting for 160 on average =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Well, if it's as good as it seems to be with aoe's, might at least give assassins a better chance of getting a place in squads, especially for things like frost or zhen. Haven't really tested it much yet though, I'll try to when I get the chance. No other BM's or barbs at all tried it in an aoe yet?
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Well, if it's as good as it seems to be with aoe's, might at least give assassins a better chance of getting a place in squads, especially for things like frost or zhen. Haven't really tested it much yet though, I'll try to when I get the chance. No other BM's or barbs at all tried it in an aoe yet?

As a tb i had to kill Herc Trioc a few levels ago. I had BloodPaint and i buffed the two bms (level 60ish) with it. As they were going throughout the dungeon i noticed that their health went up by little nudges due to bloodpaint. I'm not saying that it's really great for bm's, but i can guarantee that it helps to save the cleric from having to heal as often.

My next mission is to see if it helps with aoe.... (i must seek out a high level BM now =O)
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just finished a fb29 solo

Really, really.. Umm.. FB29 solo is just that.. SOLO..b:thanks sorry to go off subject but really.. Just finished a FB solo and in my teamb:chuckle.. Reallyb:laugh.. I laugh at you.. b:laugh
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Really, really.. Umm.. FB29 solo is just that.. SOLO..b:thanks sorry to go off subject but really.. Just finished a FB solo and in my teamb:chuckle.. Reallyb:laugh.. I laugh at you.. b:laugh

Eh? O_o

EDIT: Oh -.- Grammer ****'s again. Fine, thanks to the tabber and assassin it wasn't solo. I am so pwned. Oh noes.

Here's a cookie. Good veno, run along now :)
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Are you slow or something? Solo in the context that he meant it is that he killed everything in there by himself w/o the other member in his party doing any damage or attacks.

Amazing that someone would need to have that explained to them.

I guess... ahh nm not gonna go into my normal rants about low IQ's etc.

DF
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Eh? O_o

EDIT: Oh -.- Grammer ****'s again. Fine, thanks to the tabber and assassin it wasn't solo. I am so pwned. Oh noes.

grammar is rules of sentence construction, not definitions of words used in sentences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    grammar is rules of sentence construction, not definitions of words used in sentences.

Fine fine, you can have a cookie too. ^^;
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    o.o no it works on skills =P Your info be wrong b:surrender

The skill reads "Make all friendly units within 10 Meters can absorb HP equals to 2% of damage it dealt each physical melee attack." Every other instance of this phrasing refers to regular attacks, not skills. This leads me to believe that it is supposed to work only with regular attacks. Unless this singular instance is to be different, which makes little sense to me.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    The skill reads "Make all friendly units within 10 Meters can absorb HP equals to 2% of damage it dealt each physical melee attack." Every other instance of this phrasing refers to regular attacks, not skills. This leads me to believe that it is supposed to work only with regular attacks. Unless this singular instance is to be different, which makes little sense to me.

Works for aoe's, probably since they're nearly all at melee range. Perhaps it simply means it wont work on ranged skills like knife throw, heavens flame, drakes ray ect.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Fine fine, you can have a cookie too. ^^;

wannacookie_700.jpg

YAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Works for aoe's, probably since they're nearly all at melee range. Perhaps it simply means it wont work on ranged skills like knife throw, heavens flame, drakes ray ect.

On knife throw it works... And i understand what she meant by melee attack... but my skills are still melee attacks, so i would be annoyed if the skill didn't effect them. Just like i was annoyed when i was finally convinced that Burning arrows didn't effect my archers skills...

[edit] Panthallassa, could you tell me what other skills use this description of melee attacks? Because i was thinking of burning arrow and Frostblade... but according to ecatomb neither of them use this description =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Grammer ****'s again. Fine, thanks to the tabber and assassin it wasn't solo.

There is nothing wrong with my grammar, I was laughing so hard I could barely type that.. b:laugh.. Im still laughing at the fact.. b:laugh..

Soloing a FB does normally consist of Taber and Runner, the 3rd person *Assassin* made that a PARTY run and not a solo run.. Dorkfish, please read EVERYTHING before you post anything about IQ's.. b:thanks
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    There is nothing wrong with my grammar, I was laughing so hard I could barely type that.. b:laugh.. Im still laughing at the fact.. b:laugh..

Soloing a FB does normally consist of Taber and Runner, the 3rd person *Assassin* made that a PARTY run and not a solo run.. Dorkfish, please read EVERYTHING before you post anything about IQ's.. b:thanks

You aren't getting another cookie -.- I want some too. b:sad
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    change melee attack to melee weapon attack