A realm Summoner Character

Options
SkyReaperFox - Sanctuary
SkyReaperFox - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
I thought the idea of the characters Assassin and Psychic are interesting choices for new playable characters, but I feel a little let down. Why, because they mirrored existing characters Assassin/Archer Psychic/Mag and not to mention Barbarian/Blademaster. The cleric is cool and is always in their own league. Now for the really hard question, why can't there be a real summoning character? The archer can easily be a venomancer and tame beast. Give the archer a sub-class say a "hunter".
What am I going on about still? A summoner like summon an unknown creatures or multiple undead. I grew up on games like diablo where the "word" summoner really means summoning. I like, no I love this game, but the venomancer leaves me a little bit dry in the mouth. Please, please can there be such a character? I can draw up a character idea if need be?
b:victory
Post edited by SkyReaperFox - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Summoner comes from the word 'summon' wich means 'To request to appear' and is a synonym for 'invoke' or 'call'.

Venomancer do the role of summoner perfectly well into the game, with the only limtation of summoning only creatures they capture. Maybe you're referring in create a class that can invoke mytical creatures like dragons, cyclops, and ancient gods like on FF games, but it may be hard to fit that on PW background story since, as far as I know, there are only 'dragon gods' and 'dragon devils' (wraiths).

About summoning the undead, that will fit better in an original wraith race or a wraith corrupted version of the existing races since necromancy is related to the dark arts, wich will be in possesion of the wraiths, wich are the enemies of the dragons that worship/protect the existing races (and are in war with the wraiths).
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    summoner Comes From The Word 'summon' Wich Means 'to Request To Appear' And Is A Synonym For 'invoke' Or 'call'.

Epic Win. Gj
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, thanks to FF most ppl think summoner is like another magician sub-class, when is more close to be a skill learned by many different jobs, and not only arcane related. It may sound redunant, but is always good to clarify things first. And I wanted to do that so she can understand my point of view of why venomancers fit in the role of summoners.

Any job/class/whatever-you-wanna-call-it that can invoke/call a creature (real or not within his world) could be cosidered a summoner.

heck! even Naruto could be considered a summoner, or a summoner capable class b:surrender
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    heck! even Naruto could be considered a summoner, or a summoner capable class b:surrender

No! Sheena Fujibayashi gets to be the only ninja/summoner! b:angry
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    moooo
    lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Bethlehem - Sanctuary
    Bethlehem - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thats the giant miniature space hamster!!
    Go for the eyes Booo thruuuust!!
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Once, at a TT the veno "summoned" some death headless hoursemen b:victory and cleric freaked b:shocked , like being on TTs with friend, no ? b:chuckle

Anyway, the role of a venomacer is something like *summoning* pets , they can be changed to all sort , evet trouth the most freaky are wraiths and cannot me tamed b:cry
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thats the giant miniature space hamster!!
    Go for the eyes Booo thruuuust!!

*poof* *MagicHamster appears*
    o.O'
    zmog?
    (>.<)'
    Boo be on vacation. b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathknight2k7
    deathknight2k7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    there should be a new race like the hell-born and the skills would be like casting spells on them sealing transforming into dragons and serpents anything evil and they can breathe fire and they should be like the destroyer of heaven and they summon thing like giants demons and chained angels and zombies mythical things say a unicorn but with fire

and the air-born angels and they cast light and heal and all that transforming into doves and all of those white animals
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yea I would love to summon a pair of BFG9000s and go all out b:chuckle
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How about we add this class in the race of, "Dumbasses". Spectacular idea, no?