Tideborn speed glitch

Options
Revoltech - Lost City
Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
My winged elf friend and I were auto-pathing from the same start location to the same end location. I started a little ahead of him and eventually he caught up, which startled both of us.

My running speed is shown in my character box as 5.2. My wing speed is +0.5. Therefore I should be traveling at 5.7m/s.

His running speed is shown as 4.8. His wing speed is +0.8. Therefore he should be traveling at 5.6m/s.

I think we can all agree that 5.7m/s > 5.6m/s.

Anyone else notice this speed gaffe?
Post edited by Revoltech - Lost City on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My winged elf friend and I were auto-pathing from the same start location to the same end location. I started a little ahead of him and eventually he caught up, which startled both of us.

My running speed is shown in my character box as 5.2. My wing speed is +0.5. Therefore I should be traveling at 5.7m/s.

His running speed is shown as 4.8. His wing speed is +0.8. Therefore he should be traveling at 5.6m/s.

I think we can all agree that 5.7m/s > 5.6m/s.

Anyone else notice this speed gaffe?

The base speed for flight is a constant 5.0m/s for all classes, speed buffs and equipment speed stats have no effect on this.

You were traveling at 5.5 and he at 5.8
    5.5 < 5.8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The base speed for flight is a constant 5.0m/s for all classes, speed buffs and equipment speed stats have no effect on this.

5.5 < 5.8

I believe those are race based speed stats, but thanks for clearing that up b:victory.
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I believe those are race based speed stats, but thanks for clearing that up b:victory.

no, asterelle is correct. ALL races and classes have a base flying speed of 5.0m/s

the aerogear equipped modifies that base speed

speed effects (both increase and decrease, unless they specifically state otherwise) do not effect flying speed
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

5.5 < 5.8
    no, asterelle is correct. ALL races and classes have a base flying speed of 5.0m/s

the aerogear equipped modifies that base speed

speed effects (both increase and decrease, unless they specifically state otherwise) do not effect flying speed

I wasn't saying she was incorrect. I was just saying that the 5.2m/s (for the Tideborn) and the 4.8m/s (for the Winged Elves) is not that way because of gear but because of race. It IS rather irrelevant now though that I know that all races share a base flight speed.
  • Paytah - Lost City
    Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if its based off of base flying speed why is it when i go into tiger mode i fly faster ive tested it out my gf on default lvl 30 mount as well as myself both went approxx the same, i went to tiger and i started goin faster than her
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if its based off of base flying speed why is it when i go into tiger mode i fly faster ive tested it out my gf on default lvl 30 mount as well as myself both went approxx the same, i went to tiger and i started goin faster than her

And was she still online, i know when you minimalize or make PWI "not active" window your fly speed is going down (not sure how much but going).