Nirvana recasting and refinement

blindeyesniper
blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I'm interested in knowing if you can keep your refinements and the gems already in the equipment when you're recasting. Does it cost more crystals to recast something with a high refine compared to something with no refine. Anyone can shed some light?
Post edited by blindeyesniper on

Comments

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm interested in knowing if you can keep your refinements and the gems already in the equipment when you're recasting. Does it cost more crystals to recast something with a high refine compared to something with no refine. Anyone can shed some light?

Not sure, its bugged at the moment in need of fixing anyways.

Archers Heaven Shatterer isn't recognized by the Nirvana Forges.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not sure, its bugged at the moment in need of fixing anyways.

Archers Heaven Shatterer isn't recognized by the Nirvana Forges.

You sure about that? You have to drag'n'drop the items to the forge, same system as used when making tomes.
    b:dirty
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I believe the equipement is supposed to keep its current refine/gems/sockets when upgraded. Only the stats (att/def/blues) are supposed to be affected by the process.

Read below

" Recasting is an ancient Tideborn method for upgrading equipment. It allows individuals to upgrade their existing gear into new gear, while still maintaining their original attributes, refinement level, and sockets. Essentially through the use of this system, players can take their existing high level equipment, and transform it into Palace of Nirvana gear, and without losing any of the hard work they’ve already invested into their gear. This process of course requires certain materials. Recasting your equipment without these materials will still upgrade your equipment to Palace of Nirvana gear, just without any of your existing attributes/refinement level/sockets."

taken from Eatwithspoons PREVIEW: Palace of Nirvana Gear Thread.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "This process of course requires certain materials. Recasting your equipment without these materials will still upgrade your equipment to Palace of Nirvana gear, just without any of your existing attributes/refinement level/sockets"

That means a piece of equipment with high refine and gemmed will cost more mats to recast than one without any refinements?

;'(
  • pand0ra
    edited December 2009
    nm sorry.. forum is acting weird for me..
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    pand0ra wrote: »
    This process of course requires certain materials. Recasting your equipment without these materials will still upgrade your equipment to Palace of Nirvana gear, just without any of your existing attributes/refinement level/sockets."

The part I put in bold is the main problem. The forges do not offer any slots for these special materials. They have 2 slots: one for the weapon, and one for the nirvana stones.

GMs really should clarify on this >.<
    b:dirty
  • pand0ra
    edited December 2009
    arent the special materials the nirvana stones ? ( I haven't tried the Palace of Nirvana yet so I do not know what drops.. but this was my understanding)