Improvements to the Auction House

Options
samasalao
samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
OK as we all know the Auction House npc is the most important and most used NPC in the game.

There are a few things that I think could be added:

1. The ability to check Auction House from Internet. I work all day long, by the time I arrive home I know I have missed most of the good deals in AH, please add a way to check and bid on items from the internet using a small client only for that.

2. The ability to autobid. Lets someone enster a item for 15m, and I set my autobid for that item for 15m, my account will automatically bid on that item and buy it if possible so long my autobid amount is high enough. Most of us on the 99+ range want items that are very rare and need some way to ensure that at least we can bid on them.

3. The ability to search for items based on name. Should be self explanatory. Please also add a way to specify the search location (like for example only weapons, only armors etc)

4. Filter skill books based on class and if is demon/sage. No idea why I have to see the whole list when all I want are sage clerics books, also add the option to filter them by level (89,92,99).

5. Filter items based on price. Lets say I have 1m, I want all items below 1m to appear, also consider the option of choosing the location of the search, like for example I want to search all magic weapons/molds that cost less than 1m.

6. Last page option, first page option, jump to x page option. Self explanatory.

7. Warnings. Lets say I want a warning everytime somone enters a sage cleric book on AH, a small warning will appear on my GUI when someone enters one. I think is a must and should be a good complement for autobid.

8. Add the NPC to every city not only the big ones, I am constantly warping to check the AH and is a bother when I am doing other stuff like WQ and TT.

9. Reduces/Remove the fees. Some ppl avoid AH because they want to skip the fees, please remove them they are a bother in most cases.

10. Add a sell now option, lets say I entered a item starting at 10m, it reached 22m in few hours, and I need that money, I can use 'sell it now' to sell the item to the highest bidder that the item has.

I havemore suggestions but I think is enough for now, please consider these adds for the AH.
Post edited by samasalao on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    samasalao wrote: »
    OK as we all know the Auction House npc is the most important and most used NPC in the game.

1. The ability to check Auction House from Internet. I work all day long, by the time I arrive home I know I have missed most of the good deals in AH, please add a way to check and bid on items from the internet using a small client only for that.
    Dont think this is going to happen. Never seen this done ever before.

2. The ability to autobid. Lets someone enster a item for 15m, and I set my autobid for that item for 15m, my account will automatically bid on that item and buy it if possible so long my autobid amount is high enough. Most of us on the 99+ range want items that are very rare and need some way to ensure that at least we can bid on them.
    Sure, why not

3. The ability to search for items based on name. Should be self explanatory. Please also add a way to specify the search location (like for example only weapons, only armors etc)
    I agree.

4. Filter skill books based on class and if is demon/sage. No idea why I have to see the whole list when all I want are sage clerics books, also add the option to filter them by level (89,92,99).
    Sure, why not

5. Filter items based on price. Lets say I have 1m, I want all items below 1m to appear, also consider the option of choosing the location of the search, like for example I want to search all magic weapons/molds that cost less than 1m.
    How about, just a sort by price option?

6. Last page option, first page option, jump to x page option. Self explanatory.
    Doesnt really matter

7. Warnings. Lets say I want a warning everytime somone enters a sage cleric book on AH, a small warning will appear on my GUI when someone enters one. I think is a must and should be a good complement for autobid.

8. Add the NPC to every city not only the big ones, I am constantly warping to check the AH and is a bother when I am doing other stuff like WQ and TT.
    No thanks

9. Reduces/Remove the fees. Some ppl avoid AH because they want to skip the fees, please remove them they are a bother in most cases.
    Thats the price that you have to pay for convenience. Keep the fees.

10. Add a sell now option, lets say I entered a item starting at 10m, it reached 22m in few hours, and I need that money, I can use 'sell it now' to sell the item to the highest bidder that the item has.
    Nah. If you want to sell for a specific price, use the buy out price feature.

I havemore suggestions but I think is enough for now, please consider these adds for the AH.

Comments in red.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Originally Posted by samasalao

Dont think this is going to happen. Never seen this done ever before.

Sure, why not

I agree.

Sure, why not

How about, just a sort by price option?

Doesnt really matter

Good Idea

No thanks too much lag

Thats the price that you have to pay for convenience. Keep the fees.

Nah. If you want to sell for a specific price, use the buy out price feature.

I agree w/ most everything az Lloyd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The check the AH online though I think it would be cool, I doubt it will ever happen. But I personally don't like the idea of an auto bid, I think it adds a little more fun to want to be there at the end of an auction to make sure you get it if it's something really important. All of the other ideas I though were nice except the last 2 AH needs fees, and it makes a nice coin sink. and sell now option I just don't think is necissary. But I really do think the AH needs to be easier to search through. it really is kind of a pain to search through right now. Like if you search through TT gear or weapons, you get I giant list of Items you don't want and can't even use most of the time. more searching and organizing options would be very nice.