Some thoughts on Deep Sting.

Hisuna - Raging Tide
Hisuna - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
After recently learning this skill, I found myself discussing it with some fellow players, most of whom seem to be under the impression that this is a flee skill, since you cast it, but as soon as you hit the opponent they wake back up.

But while I can understand it's value in making an escape, I can also think of other purposes that this skill would be great for.

~You could use this time to rebuff yourself with everything you need during an extended fight.

~In PvP this skill could allow time to return to stealth mode, giving you another surprise attack against your opponent.

~It would be great to use right before using a skill that might require a long time to activate, or right before a spark followed by a macro.

Any other thoughts on uses for this skill? Since this is as far as I have taken an Assassin, I don't know much about the later skills, but it seems like this skill could have a great amount of uses besides just using it so you can run.
Post edited by Hisuna - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I use bleed and then this... by the time the sleep wears off the bleed has finished it's duration ^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • E/nY - Sanctuary
    E/nY - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    After recently learning this skill, I found myself discussing it with some fellow players, most of whom seem to be under the impression that this is a flee skill, since you cast it, but as soon as you hit the opponent they wake back up.

But while I can understand it's value in making an escape, I can also think of other purposes that this skill would be great for.

~You could use this time to rebuff yourself with everything you need during an extended fight.

~In PvP this skill could allow time to return to stealth mode, giving you another surprise attack against your opponent.

~It would be great to use right before using a skill that might require a long time to activate, or right before a spark followed by a macro.

Any other thoughts on uses for this skill? Since this is as far as I have taken an Assassin, I don't know much about the later skills, but it seems like this skill could have a great amount of uses besides just using it so you can run.

atm im doin quests but what i do is knife throw sleep spark tangling mire and use rib strike then either bleed or just dd. i spark every mob so the -50chi isnt a problem xD
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I use this skill pretty often, but it is against magic casting mobs. What better way to interrupt a spell than sleeping them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • E/nY - Sanctuary
    E/nY - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I use this skill pretty often, but it is against magic casting mobs. What better way to interrupt a spell than sleeping them?

i agree bc knife throw isnt reliable and our silence takes a while to cast giving them time to run =/
  • Kilnox - Harshlands
    Kilnox - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i agree bc knife throw isnt reliable and our silence takes a while to cast giving them time to run =/

Silence? What silence? O.o There is no silence skill for u...

I mean sins have not any silence skill O.o
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Silence? What silence? O.o There is no silence skill for u...

o.o at 39... throat cut....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Kilnox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    o.o at 39... throat cut....

Its a seal. This skill has 86% of interrupt targets channeling, and it SEALs target for two second. Btw. this skill is weird in my opinion.. First interrupt channeling and then silence the target. O.o
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sleep is good for running away, sure.

It can also be used to give your charm 5 seconds to recharge.
    Used after a DoT to avoid taking damage while the DoT completes.
    Used before a skill with a large channel/cast time/chance of being interrupted to make sure the skill goes through.
    Used before a high damage skill to prevent the target from running (or using anti-movement debuff skills while frozen)
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Basically use it for anything that you normally wouldn't do in the midst of a fight, or if you see the enemy doing something you don't like.

/thread.
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Its a seal. This skill has 86% of interrupt targets channeling, and it SEALs target for two second. Btw. this skill is weird in my opinion.. First interrupt channeling and then silence the target. O.o

Seal = Silence.
  • Juiciey - Heavens Tear
    Juiciey - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I personally use it a bit to sleep a second mob that adds in.
    gives me a few seconds to finish my mob off without interruption.
    =D
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yep me too Juiciey...Good CC for mobs that try to jump you. Since at my current level it's kinda a waste to sleep a single mob when I could kill them in that time XD Also I love sparking every fight :3 Yay Tackling Slash. We really are a class made for Chi.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    when u seal/silence something that just means they cant use magic/MP atks right?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    when u seal/silence something that just means they cant use magic/MP atks right?

Seal/Silence = No attacks period.
    Freeze/Immobilize = No movement.
    Stun = No attacks or movement.
  • Kilnox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Seal/Silence = No attacks period.
    Freeze/Immobilize = No movement.
    Stun = No attacks or movement.

seal = u can't do anything - no attacks at all, no pots etc.
    silence = can't use skills nor spells, but can attack with normal attack, like bm or barb with the axes or sumfin.

Am I right? Do I? Or maybe its my imagination. O.o