Assassins and hotkeys!

Options
HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
I'm wondering if and how you guys setup your hotkeys...Before 29 it was cake and now like every button I can reach on my keyboard is hotkeyed XD I still havn't gotten my fluidity back after an hour or so of practice with all the new skills. I keep playing around and switching things up and this is my current attempt:

1-4 - Rib Strike, Puncture Wound, Tackling Slash, SlipStream
Shift 1, 2 - Deep Sting, Combo I'm working on for melee mobs
Q and Shift Q - Shadow Jump, Shadow Escape
E and Shift E - Heal Pot, Mana Pot (Missing my mentous D:)
R and Shift R - Spark, Wind Shield
X - Wind Push
Macro buffs are on "`, 1"

As you can see...I'm already having trouble and missing a couple half useful skills for my bars...Anybody else having these problems? I hate reaching past 4 lmao. I feel like I have tiny hands now :'(
I shove the extra in other shifts or F,C keys for now but I don't like those a lot XD
Post edited by HollowMartyr - Raging Tide on

Comments

• atsuno
    atsuno Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm wondering if and how you guys setup your hotkeys...Before 29 it was cake and now like every button I can reach on my keyboard is hotkeyed XD I still havn't gotten my fluidity back after an hour or so of practice with all the new skills. I keep playing around and switching things up and this is my current attempt:

1-4 - Rib Strike, Puncture Wound, Tackling Slash, SlipStream
    Shift 1, 2 - Deep Sting, Combo I'm working on for melee mobs
    Q and Shift Q - Shadow Jump, Shadow Escape
    E and Shift E - Heal Pot, Mana Pot (Missing my mentous D:)
    R and Shift R - Spark, Wind Shield
    X - Wind Push
    Macro buffs are on "`, 1"

As you can see...I'm already having trouble and missing a couple half useful skills for my bars...Anybody else having these problems? I hate reaching past 4 lmao. I feel like I have tiny hands now :'(
    I shove the extra in other shifts or F,C keys for now but I don't like those a lot XD
    I used to play hybrid priest in WoW and had alot more macro's than I need as a sin. I just started playing perfect world with this expansion and don't have enough skills that I need to remap keys for macros yet so I'm not sure if ctrl and alt keys can be used as hotkey modifyers. Anyway if your having issues, theres still a few keys you didn't mention having.

z, c, v, f, t, shift+jump and shift+ a,w,s,d. They seem pretty viable and have worked for me in the past (especially shift+space)

its good to know that after 29 I'll have more than 3 useful skills.
  • saylum
    saylum Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    atsuno wrote: »
    its good to know that after 29 I'll have more than 3 useful skills.

Agreed. This s**t's getting annoying ;)
    :>
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You get a massive buff at 29...It's almost overkill if you want to spam mana pots. I actually kill stuff accidentally now XD Still squishy though!
    I still haven't gotten used to all my hot keys yet...
  • Shardyn - Harshlands
    Shardyn - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm level 50 now, and I can't find enough room on my skillbars for all the attacks I use on a regular basis. b:cry
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Good news is I got all mine down for now...Then Shardyn goes and reminds me that there's even more skills coming XD
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    RockSkin - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Can someone please explain me how do I shortcut an attack skill to Shift + 1? I can't figure how to do it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it! Awesomeeeeeeeeeeee! I love this new shortcut keys :-)
    Life's too short to be wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My shift 1-4 hotkey always resets when I logout for some reason x.x My others don't...But anywho!

There's still at least half a dozen skills I'll need within quick reach to come...There aren't even enough slots to fit all of Assassins skills + Pots and such x.x Any higher ups wanna post their setup? It'd help me a lot.

Shift space doesn't work btw...I'd love that for speedup skills :(
  • Noxin - Dreamweaver
    Noxin - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I do have to much skills.

What I do is as stupid as its simple but works fine for me.
    I just pulled the "Number Section" down and click them while I use the main Skills with F1 - F8

Happy Gaming

Nox b:thanks
    - Lvl 95 Veno, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 60 Cleric, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 80 Assa, Dreamwaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can't ever click again XD I used to always click before Wow and to be competitive in arena when I played I had to train my Cleric to Hotkey EVERYTHING...Oh the difference it makes once you learn them all fluidly...Especially with melee classes that don't have time to pause. Guess I'll have to move some less used skills over to the extra bar and flip through pages mid fight x.x
  • Hichel - Harshlands
    Hichel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i click and use hotkeys..i didnt have a lot of problems yet even with cleric
    Played 2 years and a half with Clerics
    Falken: Elf Priest(EP) lvl 98 PW-MY
    Hichel: Sacerdote lvl 93 PW-BR

To become an Assassin
    Hichel: Assassin for now Active.
  • Ellrik - Dreamweaver
    Ellrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    gonna sound like a noob but how do you set attacks to work with shift and then another key?