Help out a newb

Options
Admante - Dreamweaver
Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
I'm new to this whole "pvp" stuff, one of the unfortunate side effects of PvE server. I am wonder if it is possible to attack another player/npc using the hotkeys rather than clicking the icons for skills. I know about ctrl (not that noob) but ctrl+1 doesn't fire off take aim; ctrl+f2 doesn't fire off stun arrow. Is there a setting I have to change to make hotkeys work for pking?
Post edited by Admante - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    just turn off your protections and you wolnt need cntrl click
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He's talking about attacking an npc, Josh. In order to attack an npc you always have to hold down control, regardless of whether or not you have your protections on or off.

I can't answer your question Admante, because the only skill I ever use on npc's is Tempest which isn't set to a hotkey.
  • XXSayaXx - Lost City
    XXSayaXx - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what he said o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Errrrr, just hold down the Ctrl button and your set...

Its easy, just have your spells in their places and click on them.

I don't think you can do the Ctrl key and the hot key for the
    attacks at the same time... Haven't tried yet thinking about it
    O.o

Yeah, but its fun attacking NPCs <3
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm new to this whole "pvp" stuff, one of the unfortunate side effects of PvE server. I am wonder if it is possible to attack another player/npc using the hotkeys rather than clicking the icons for skills. I know about ctrl (not that noob) but ctrl+1 doesn't fire off take aim; ctrl+f2 doesn't fire off stun arrow. Is there a setting I have to change to make hotkeys work for pking?

i believe theres a glitch going on atm. I used to be able to use Ctrl + a hotkey to attack a white name. After the expansion i have to hold Ctrl and click certain skills on the bar. Some hotkeys work, some don't, no idea why.
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hes right. Im having the same prob.. maybe with this whole hotkey addition they have changed some of the previous hotkeys.

It applies for both white name pvp and npcs
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i believe theres a glitch going on atm. I used to be able to use Ctrl + a hotkey to attack a white name. After the expansion i have to hold Ctrl and click certain skills on the bar. Some hotkeys work, some don't, no idea why.

same there be a glitch
    me sent out the command sequence for control + number key
    and me get no response in game while me are sure that me am sending out the correct control + number command.

me got around it by playing with me protections off at all time.....
    and also by avoiding teh use of aoe attacks such as WoTP/hailstorm/ultis/emberstorm while there be others around.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]