What type of build should I use for my Psychic?

BlueAngel - Heavens Tear
BlueAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Psychic
1 str,1 vit,1 dex, 2 mage?
1 str,4 mage?
1 str,9 mage?
1 str,1 dex,3 mage?
Post edited by BlueAngel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1 str,1 vit,1 dex, 2 mage?NO
    1 str,4 mage?NO
    1 str,9 mage?YAAY
    1 str,1 dex,3 mage?OK

10 char ...
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    RockSkin - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    1 str,1 vit,1 dex, 2 mage?
    1 str,4 mage?
    1 str,9 mage?
    1 str,1 dex,3 mage?

My advice...forget ratios. If you are like me and enjoy mostly PvE (Player versus Environment) then all you have to do is check the strength weapon requirement at the blacksmith. Put the enough required strength points to use the weapon of your level and ALL THE REST GOES FOR MAG. (MAGIC).

Seriously, don't go hybrid. Psychic = Squishy and that's the way it is for every squishy classes. Everyone will recommend you to put spend some points in vitality, I won't. Oh and btw...dex is for barbarians, blademasters, archers, assassins...not for casters.

Your call. b:victory
    Life's too short to be wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsyIcy - Sanctuary
    PsyIcy - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My advice...forget ratios. If you are like me and enjoy mostly PvE (Player versus Environment) then all you have to do is check the strength weapon requirement at the blacksmith. Put the enough required strength points to use the weapon of your level and ALL THE REST GOES FOR MAG. (MAGIC).

Seriously, don't go hybrid. Psychic = Squishy and that's the way it is for every squishy classes. Everyone will recommend you to put spend some points in vitality, I won't. Oh and btw...dex is for barbarians, blademasters, archers, assassins...not for casters.

Your call. b:victory

Umm... yeah...
    Mag Weapon/Armor Requirement can be summed up like this...

Mag = 3x (Your Level)
    STR = [(Your Level) + 5]/2

Then pump whatever you need elsewhere. So Yeah. That usually leaves about 2-3 free stats per level. Give or take.

As for this thing. The bottom 2 are the best.
    You can TRY the talked about HA Build, but it's not recommended at all.

EDIT: Just checked the Barb Guide on HA, and it has 154 stats left over at lvl105. Which means if you pump the extra points into MAG, by lvl105 you'll have enough STR for a lvl51-53 Weapon.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Dex would be pointless....use +crit ornaments, rings, etc...

IF you are going to use an extra point elsewhere...put it in Vit.

Although, pure mag b:dirtyb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • DeepSpawn - Harshlands
    DeepSpawn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I made stats like this. I dunno if they are correct, but i don't have much problems by the moment, although all depends on what kind of game you want to develop: PvP, PvE, etc...

I mostly will be PvE, and maybe a bit PvP, so the thing goes like this:

Each 2 levels:

7 MAG, 3 VIT.

STR only the amount needed for equipment.

The damage is pretty nice. I made a damage of 700 - 800 with Spirit Blast lvl4, and monsters have arround 2200 health (more or less), and i have a good HP to soloing monster up to 3 levels more than me, this is, lvl 22.
    The set im being using is the set i got on quest rewards.

I also don't need to quaff mana pots, unless i got a monster rush, and i dont need to meditate.

DEX is pretty useless for us casters.

That is my point of view, but i would thank comments on that.
    [...]

Everyone will recommend you to put spend some points in vitality, I won't.
    [...]

Why not? Unless he is gonna party all the time with a tank or similar, he will receive all damage, and without VIT he will die in a couple of hits (unless a twink lol), at least, in those low levels.

Maybe in high levels, he kills before being killed, but in low levels, this occurs little times...
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pvp server players should add vit, but not to the extent that gimps your damage.

How much of damage is acceptable to someone may not be right for you. How much vit is needed, really depends on yourself.

But advice is try to keep it low.
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Maybe in high levels, he kills before being killed, but in low levels, this occurs little times...

My psychic is currently at level 21 and I haven't died so far. My hp charm (the one you get at the begin) is still in the inventory waiting for a proper use.

YOU DON'T NEED VIT! I'm mostly a solo PvE player and I can manage pretty well without vit. The only thing I spend like a freak are mana potions.

My lvl 21 Psychic is perfectly capable to survive any monster. Most the times they don't even touch me. You have good skills at your disposal, a snare skill (Aqua Impact) and a knockback skill (Landslide).

First of all, buff your self with Black Voodoo and Soul of Vengeance before engaging a battle then use this skill order versus physical damage monsters:

Aqua Impact > Spirit Blast > Landslide > Aqua Impact

Use this combo and they won't touch you IF YOU ARE PURE MAG. When Aqua Impact doesn't slow them you may wanna use this skill order:

Aqua Impact > Landslide > Spirit Blast > Aqua Impact

Also and VERY IMPORTANT, always start a fight with the max range possible from your enemy. If you are too close to the monster, he will always hit you. If you are far away and start your skill chain, they won't touch you (except Increased Speed Movement mobs). Oh and it's ok if you get 1 or 2 hits, I believe you die in 4 hits. Avoid at all costs Increased Magic Resistance mobs, just use the tab key to target to another monster.

So...if you have a nice weapon, skills updated and a lot of magic with a great damage output YOU ARE FINE. Remember to buy many mana potions, because you will spam like a freak.

But advice is try to keep it low.

Keeping vit low it's pointless. Pointless to spend vit points just to be able to resist few more hits. Pointless...

Maximum Damage Output > Health Points

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeepSpawn - Harshlands
    DeepSpawn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My psychic is currently at level 21 and I haven't died so far. My hp charm (the one you get at the begin) is still in the inventory waiting for a proper use.

YOU DON'T NEED VIT! I'm mostly a solo PvE player and I can manage pretty well without vit. The only thing I spend like a freak are mana potions.

My lvl 21 Psychic is perfectly capable to survive any monster. Most the times they don't even touch me. You have good skills at your disposal, a snare skill (Aqua Impact) and a knockback skill (Landslide).

First of all, let's supose you are not a twink ;-)

Before having Landslide, do you mean that monsters didn't hit you? As far as i know, the max % to freeze them up to level 18 (with Impact) is 25% or something (maybe 30%, i dont remember). What about the other 75% attacks that you can't escape? Remember that Psys runs slow, and all monsters will catch you if not frozend or knockback.

First of all, buff your self with Black Voodoo and Soul of Vengeance before engaging a battle then use this skill order versus physical damage monsters:

Aqua Impact > Spirit Blast > Landslide > Aqua Impact

Use this combo and they won't touch you IF YOU ARE PURE MAG.

Wrong. I am not pure mag (7 MAG, 3 Vit) level 19, and mobs my level barely can't hit me with "Spirit Blast>Landslide". I even not need to freeze them. If they are close, i just "Aqua Impact" them, and drain their last HP points, usually those 100 - 200 HP remaining.
    But i am usually fightning monsters 1 or 2 levels more than me, so here comes the seconds case: (i quote you)
    When Aqua Impact doesn't slow them you may wanna use this skill order:

Aqua Impact > Landslide > Spirit Blast > Aqua Impact

If Aqua Impact fails, you then cast Landslide. While it finally comes out, the monsters is 5 meters away from you or even less (Landslide has 10 metre range, and needs 1.2 secs to cast, so the monster can move at least 5 meters towards you while you cast it), so you knockback them a total amout of 17 meters. With luck, they are 18 meters away from you. In that time, there are two possibilities: you kill them with the Spirit Blast OR not kill them.
    If not kill them, the mobs will be at less than 10 metres away from you, so, they will probably hit you unless you kit. If not kit, they will hit you for sure and if you DONT HAVE ANY VIT, you will probably have arround 700 HP if not less (i have 771 and i'm lvl 19). And now that the mob is hitting you, and you dont have Landslide (cooldown) and dont have Spirit Blast (also cooldown), what would you do?
    You probably die first becasue the monster will hit you for 200 - 300 per hit, depending on the mob and some other factors
    Also and VERY IMPORTANT, always start a fight with the max range possible from your enemy. If you are too close to the monster, he will always hit you. If you are far away and start your skill chain, they won't touch you (except Increased Speed Movement mobs). Oh and it's ok if you get 1 or 2 hits, I believe you die in 4 hits. Avoid at all costs Increased Magic Resistance mobs, just use the tab key to target to another monster.

You are so correct. That's the first tactic all ranged players should learn.
    So...if you have a nice weapon, skills updated and a lot of magic with a great damage output YOU ARE FINE. Remember to buy many mana potions, because you will spam like a freak.

1.- What if not have a *nice* weapon, just the weapon from the Quest Rewards?

2.- I never used a mana potion, and i can even keep rushing mobs a long time, and the DMG output is pretty nice. I kill mobs with two spells, sometime with three.
    Keeping vit low it's pointless. Pointless to spend vit points just to be able to resist few more hits. Pointless...

Maximum Damage Output > Health Points

I think thats correct. For caster, the MAG is the main stat to level up, but we can't forget about survival. There are lot of times that we will got hit, and without some HP, we cant barely survive.
    Well, i don't say 3 MAG/2 VIT per level, but 7 MAG/3VIT per two levels, until you feel like you don't need more HP, is ok.

But i think that gaining a bit more damage is not enough to make your character weak and HP-less. At the same level, you probably have 20 more damage than me, but i have at least 100 or 150 more HP than you.

And we shouldn't forget that Psys can't avoid close combat fights like a mage can, and when we can't kill monsters before hitting us, we will be crying for those valuable HP points needed to kill them before they kill us.

Well, that's my point of view.
  • Spaylz - Lost City
    Spaylz - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think Psychics do need some vit and str, they are casters but they have a lot of spells that inherently require them to take some hits - but not too much - in order to deal some more damage.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why not? Unless he is gonna party all the time with a tank or similar, he will receive all damage, and without VIT he will die in a couple of hits (unless a twink lol), at least, in those low levels.

Well let me tell you SHARDS were made for adding VIT. b:victory

From all my experience as a PURE DEX archer and PURE MAG Cleric/Veno/Physic vitaly shouldnt be added to sacrifice your damage output, even more as PvE...

DEX for magic classes is intented for wearing Light armor, which makes them less squishy on PvP or if you care about the crit rate. But for mainly PvE purpouses no VIT nor DEX needed on Casters.

Mainly this is because:

Higher DMG per hit, less hits taken to kill a mob. Including the channelling for casters, less hits youll be receiving in pve SOLO.

The VIT - DEF part should depend on gear, mainly using 3 stars / legendary gear with sockets and sharded for VIT.

In my physic no mob on my level can touch me... or they do for one hit. It does suck when they interrup channeling but, then you pot and thats it.

TRY IT OUT

PURE MAGIC FOR THE WIN!!!! b:victory AND NO I DONT SQUAD EVER!! (just in instances)

PS. My archer is level 73 my vit points are restated to 3. I have 3500 hp only with shards (only flawless no budget for inmaculate) refined equipment +2 (without orbs, just luck). Ive know archers (my level or higher level) that put vit on their stats sacrificing DMG and CRIT and they have no more than 100hp than me, or even less. And i do more damage and have more survability than them (even from a lv 78 archer with TT equiment, that i cant afford b:chuckle).
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Enjoy while you can since later on only power defines your survivability not "extra" points spent on Vit. Since me not planning to reset due to ridicilous prices of gold. From beginning i didn't have any problem with killing mob before it reaches me even when i had only 2 basic attacks. Many got hit since the order of usage those skills in opening phase wasn't used correctly. b:bye
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Is it that hard to use life powder if you don't feel like using hp pot when you do get hit from time to time? Beside, archer mobs usally get 1 shot in at first.

And I'm a pure psychic, and yet this is a big change from my veno...having to buy soo much mana pots. O_O
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wnight wrote: »
    Enjoy while you can since later on only power defines your survivability not "extra" points spent on Vit. Since me not planning to reset due to ridicilous prices of gold. From beginning i didn't have any problem with killing mob before it reaches me even when i had only 2 basic attacks. Many got hit since the order of usage those skills in opening phase wasn't used correctly. b:bye

Yeah i aggre with you completely.

And yeah the mana pots cost a lot... u.u Its a pity not being able to use Focus powder since lv 10.

However ive always used Life powder since lv 10 up to lv 60 or so i think. Its very good for recovering hp especially when meditating (100 hp per second).

And on the side of the mobs not getting close to you, learn Earthquake in genie and that should be it (Knockback 10 meters and have a chance to disrupt enemies). Another good skill for a magic class survability is Second Wind, instant healing.
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Well let me tell you SHARDS were made for adding VIT. b:victory

From all my experience as a PURE DEX archer and PURE MAG Cleric/Veno/Physic vitaly shouldnt be added to sacrifice your damage output, even more as PvE...

DEX for magic classes is intented for wearing Light armor, which makes them less squishy on PvP or if you care about the crit rate. But for mainly PvE purpouses no VIT nor DEX needed on Casters.

Mainly this is because:

Higher DMG per hit, less hits taken to kill a mob. Including the channelling for casters, less hits youll be receiving in pve SOLO.

The VIT - DEF part should depend on gear, mainly using 3 stars / legendary gear with sockets and sharded for VIT.

In my physic no mob on my level can touch me... or they do for one hit. It does suck when they interrup channeling but, then you pot and thats it.

TRY IT OUT

PURE MAGIC FOR THE WIN!!!! b:victory AND NO I DONT SQUAD EVER!! (just in instances)

PS. My archer is level 73 my vit points are restated to 3. I have 3500 hp only with shards (only flawless no budget for inmaculate) refined equipment +2 (without orbs, just luck). Ive know archers (my level or higher level) that put vit on their stats sacrificing DMG and CRIT and they have no more than 100hp than me, or even less. And i do more damage and have more survability than them (even from a lv 78 archer with TT equiment, that i cant afford b:chuckle).

There you go...someone that speaks my language. Great feedback Ilenka b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I use 1 vit and 4 magic every time I level. Sometimes I add more vit than magic, because psychics are not werefoxes and therefore can get killed fast if they're not careful. :]
  • Imnorine - Dreamweaver
    Imnorine - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Okay guys, listen up:

STRENGTH IS A HOAX!!!

THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT!!!

Why?

1) Use a level 1 (most basic and can be self-manufactured) artifact/orb and then use an attack skill.

2) Use any higher level of artifact/orb and then an attack skill.

What have you noticed? THEY DO THE SAME EXACT DAMAGE!!!

All that matters is: any orb+magic stat+SKILL UPGRADES!!!

Then guess what? YOU'RE GOLDEN!!! Trick to Psychic: WEAPONS DON'T MATTER!!!

If you want to run around and spend all your gold on a never-used giant sword, be my guest...BUT YOU DONT NEED IT.

And contrary to others' beliefs, DEX IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN VIT!!!

Why? Vit ONLY increases HP. If you get hit, your HP goes down.

Dex decreases your chance of being hit IN GENERAL. Guess what happens? No HP even affected!!!

VIT IS STILL IMPORTANT (but Dex is MORE important!)

My Stat Guide:

Strength: don't mess with.

Magic: +3 per level.

Dex: +2 per level.

Vit: Every 15 OR 20 levels, make sure it is 20 up (ex 1-15/20 = 20 // next 15/20 levels = 40 // etc)

^ I would suggest 15, unless you have UBER Dex items [highly recommended].

This means: take 4 levels and use all to vit, THEN USE ON OTHER SKILLS WITH GUIDE ABOVE!!!

---

This class is WAY LESS EXPENSIVE and WAY LESS COMPLICATED if you know what you DONT need!

---

You DONT need strangth, you DONT need weapons, you DO need armor (but you'll TANK if you follow my stats!)!

---

Also, your supposed to have a BUTLOAD of EXTRA spirit points that are unused if you play right, if someone doesn't, then they can't say anything.

---

Helpful?
  • Sericea - Raging Tide
    Sericea - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Helpful?

If your weapon does not matter for your damage, then your magic should not matter either because your magic just amplifies your weapon.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Okay guys, listen up:

STRENGTH IS A HOAX!!!

THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT!!!

Why?

1) Use a level 1 (most basic and can be self-manufactured) artifact/orb and then use an attack skill.

2) Use any higher level of artifact/orb and then an attack skill.

What have you noticed? THEY DO THE SAME EXACT DAMAGE!!!

All that matters is: any orb+magic stat+SKILL UPGRADES!!!

Then guess what? YOU'RE GOLDEN!!! Trick to Psychic: WEAPONS DON'T MATTER!!!

If you want to run around and spend all your gold on a never-used giant sword, be my guest...BUT YOU DONT NEED IT.

And contrary to others' beliefs, DEX IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN VIT!!!

Why? Vit ONLY increases HP. If you get hit, your HP goes down.

Dex decreases your chance of being hit IN GENERAL. Guess what happens? No HP even affected!!!

VIT IS STILL IMPORTANT (but Dex is MORE important!)

My Stat Guide:

Strength: don't mess with.

Magic: +3 per level.

Dex: +2 per level.

Vit: Every 15 OR 20 levels, make sure it is 20 up (ex 1-15/20 = 20 // next 15/20 levels = 40 // etc)

^ I would suggest 15, unless you have UBER Dex items [highly recommended].

This means: take 4 levels and use all to vit, THEN USE ON OTHER SKILLS WITH GUIDE ABOVE!!!

---

This class is WAY LESS EXPENSIVE and WAY LESS COMPLICATED if you know what you DONT need!

---

You DONT need strangth, you DONT need weapons, you DO need armor (but you'll TANK if you follow my stats!)!

---

Also, your supposed to have a BUTLOAD of EXTRA spirit points that are unused if you play right, if someone doesn't, then they can't say anything.

---

Helpful?
    fail noob b:bye
    don't come on the forums as a level 10 psychic telling everyone false information. you're whole post reeks of stupidity.

the stats needed for arcane gear REQUIRE 1 str every other level. basic formula for STR stats is (YOUR LEVEL divided by 2) + 4

magic should be at (your level * 3) + 2
    this is the requirement for the TT 60 artifact (needs 182 magic points)

attack skills are based on BASE MAGIC ATTACK + %WEAPON ATTACK + FACTOR Y (increases upon leveling skill). This here says you need a weapon with higher stats to increase the strength of your attack.

If anyone believes a word of what I quoted above, you fail miserably - just like the poster does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    okay Guys, Listen Up:

Strength Is A Hoax!!!

There Is No Need For It!!!

Why?

1) Use A Level 1 (most Basic And Can Be Self-manufactured) Artifact/orb And Then Use An Attack Skill.

2) Use Any Higher Level Of Artifact/orb And Then An Attack Skill.

What Have You Noticed? They Do The Same Exact Damage!!!

All That Matters Is: Any Orb+magic Stat+skill Upgrades!!!

Then Guess What? You're Golden!!! Trick To Psychic: Weapons Don't Matter!!!

If You Want To Run Around And Spend All Your Gold On A Never-used Giant Sword, Be My Guest...but You Dont Need It.

And Contrary To Others' Beliefs, Dex Is More Important Than Vit!!!

Why? Vit Only Increases Hp. If You Get Hit, Your Hp Goes Down.

Dex Decreases Your Chance Of Being Hit In General. Guess What Happens? No Hp Even Affected!!!

Vit Is Still Important (but Dex Is More Important!)

My Stat Guide:

Strength: Don't Mess With.

Magic: +3 Per Level.

Dex: +2 Per Level.

Vit: Every 15 Or 20 Levels, Make Sure It Is 20 Up (ex 1-15/20 = 20 // Next 15/20 Levels = 40 // Etc)

^ I Would Suggest 15, Unless You Have Uber Dex Items [highly Recommended].

This Means: Take 4 Levels And Use All To Vit, Then Use On Other Skills With Guide Above!!!

---

This Class Is Way Less Expensive And Way Less Complicated If You Know What You Dont Need!

---

You Dont Need Strangth, You Dont Need Weapons, You Do Need Armor (but You'll Tank If You Follow My Stats!)!

---

Also, Your Supposed To Have A Butload Of Extra Spirit Points That Are Unused If You Play Right, If Someone Doesn't, Then They Can't Say Anything.

---

Helpful?

epic Fail!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imnorine - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I KNOW that you need strength for armor!

But here's the thing:

You need strength 9, 14, and so on for armor. That is JUST ONE LEVEL (or a little bit more points in high levels) dedicated to it!

No, weapons DONT matter! Before you say anything, COMPARE like I said! The weapon does VERY LITTLE to damage!
    ^
    NO MATTER WHAT THE GAME SAYS!!!

YOU DONT NEED IT.

Yes, magic is important FOR SPELLS AND MP!!!

STRENGTH DOES ALMOST NOTHING!!!

It was even stated by the developers that Psychic was supposed to rid itself almost entirely of strength!

You guys COMPARE Psychic to other classes, which is BAD.

AND DONT BASE SOMETHING ON SOMEONE'S LEVEL!!!

Before you reply, TRY IT OUT!!! GET PROOF.

BOTH of you have untamed characters, which RELY on strength.

Don't base something off of the past, and try what I say out BEFORE you reply!
  • Imnorine - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    If your weapon does not matter for your damage, then your magic should not matter either because your magic just amplifies your weapon.

Not for weapon. Weapon doesn't matter!

SKILL LEVEL MATTERS.

Magic is for MP and INCREASE ON SPELLS (skills).

YOU DONT NEED TO USE WEAPONS!!! Try what I say out FIRST.