Mortys Ultimate Assassin Guide (Lvl 1-30)

Comments

• Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't give a rats **** per say about this argument over who's stat build is better.

For some having that absolute DD makes an immeasurable amount of difference to their ability to play, for others having the hp to soak and swap up when your skills don't take place as you'd like them to is the best thing on earth. Either way everyone will throw their pts around a bit in what they favor.

Personally, I'm taking a cross in between as I usually do. Never quite a pure build but close enough to make the gap negligible. I like putting out high damage, it's more than half the fun of playing a sin, but I also like the ability to take a hit when I'm interrupted, miss, or something else goes wrong.

Today I had my shet together and put an 84 archer down, the next attempt I hesitated in my skill choice and he stomped my **** on the pavement but I still survived his first few shots and got him to 1/3rd simply because even without dead nerves active i had the soak to do so.

If you're going to freak and demand only a certain build w/o any leeway don't set up a guide and don't trash one either. Input is fine, but a serious guide should be devoid of interjecting bias opinions.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't give a rats **** per say about this argument over who's stat build is better.

For some having that absolute DD makes an immeasurable amount of difference to their ability to play, for others having the hp to soak and swap up when your skills don't take place as you'd like them to is the best thing on earth. Either way everyone will throw their pts around a bit in what they favor.

Personally, I'm taking a cross in between as I usually do. Never quite a pure build but close enough to make the gap negligible. I like putting out high damage, it's more than half the fun of playing a sin, but I also like the ability to take a hit when I'm interrupted, miss, or something else goes wrong.

Today I had my shet together and put an 84 archer down, the next attempt I hesitated in my skill choice and he stomped my **** on the pavement but I still survived his first few shots and got him to 1/3rd simply because even without dead nerves active i had the soak to do so.

If you're going to freak and demand only a certain build w/o any leeway don't set up a guide and don't trash one either. Input is fine, but a serious guide should be devoid of interjecting bias opinions.

He/She must of had the worst gear ever, not saying you suck, but the level difference they should of Ko'd you in 3 hits, maybe more if you evade some, or your just talking bs.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • VforVeno - Harshlands
    VforVeno - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol you make me want to create an assassin
  • Xplosive - Raging Tide
    Xplosive - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok i create a sin now, wish me luck
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm not saying more damage is bad, I'm jsut saying that once you have enough, you don't need any more, and those points can be spent in more efficient ways.

Tell me, when do you have enough dmg? b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tell me, when do you have enough dmg? b:sweat

when your twin strike one-hits barb =D!
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010

^_^ This
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Nah, u got enough dmg when ur bloodpaint takes 100% hp of ur damage b:dirty
    Or when ur wolf emblem makes barb get blind and scared of ur power!b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElveZero - Harshlands
    ElveZero - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, everything other people complain about, all his knowledge is in this guide...so its all good.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, everything other people complain about, all his knowledge is in this guide...so its all good.

o.o can you rephrase that to make it make sense =P
  • ElveZero - Harshlands
    ElveZero - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    o.o can you rephrase that to make it make sense =P

basically whoever says he sucks, or some random typo he has made before, this guide alone pwns them all.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    basically whoever says he sucks, or some random typo he has made before, this guide alone pwns them all.

o.O How so? It's not that great.... especially considering he made it when he was in the 20s... with next to no experience...
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Please note that starting conversations and flames that defame or insult other players is not allowed. Please post about Assassins in the Assassins section.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Please note that starting conversations and flames that defame or insult other players is not allowed. Please post about Assassins in the Assassins section.

b:surrender Not insulting Morty or trying to defame him, i personally have no problem with him and i think the guide is decent. I just hope he updates it to reflect experience as he levels so that the guide doesn't remain unfinished and biased. A guide, imo, should be unbiased and open to the different builds... whereas this one is decidedly not.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Slipstream Strike - For Damage. Don't Level Past 3 though, As it becomes not as useful higher level, but is a great help at low levels.

this is his experience. not trying to bash on him at all. but his guide is just not correct. i honestly do not recommend ppl follow his guide because it leads ppl in the wrong direction... and its only a lvl 1-30 guide and has been un updated. or updated with even more incorrect info. this is not a bash on him but he rly should not make a guide when he has no idea what he is talking about lol. this is my advice to him.
    edited January 2010
    so only the skill section was updated? not gonna say anything gonna avoid flaming stuff up. skill section looks decent and its nice and colorful and easy to read.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This thread is locked due to flaming. We have taken note of those involved, if this continues we will be forced to take disciplinary action.

I will clean up this thread and reopen it, no further warnings will be given.

EDIT: I have just removed 8 pages worth of arguments from this thread, please do not let this happen again.
  • pitu01
    pitu01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nice guide, it will be helpful to me...
  • armagedonn17
    armagedonn17 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so put 1 into strength and 4 into dex. why none in vit? isnt that your health? why dont u want more health. im confused. sorrry
    edited January 2010
    so put 1 into strength and 4 into dex. why none in vit? isnt that your health? why dont u want more health. im confused. sorrry

to put it simply, u dont need it. if u want more health u can get it from other things without having to put points into vit.
  • AsumaBr - Harshlands
    AsumaBr - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Assassins are very cool and stylish.
  • Bathsheba - Raging Tide
    Bathsheba - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I am just a level 8 and I have talked to the Elder in Raging Tide and was wondering which craft is best for an assassin. I would appreciate any and all suggestions.
    Thank you
    Bathsheba
    b:surrender
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • Bathsheba - Raging Tide
    Bathsheba - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.
    Bathsheba
    b:thanks
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Here's something you might want to change
    *Tackiling Slash
    This is a must skill, for PvE or PvP. You deal decent damage, and also decrease there attack rate a lot. This should mainly be your opener for attacking, as overall effect after the fight you will get best results. Slowing there attack rate while your slashing and dashing, and this is just level 1, the skill can only get better. Learn it, and max it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Made some minor corrections
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Made some minor corrections

Lol

And you're signature is wrong, Saveless is PWI's most hated.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=576092
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol

And you're signature is wrong, Saveless is PWI's most hated.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=576092

I have seen the light b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Blide - Lost City
    Blide - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well...as an archer 1-4(str-dex)build is the Best no doubt but...archers have 1 thing that our really beloved sins don't they've got a big range...soo even if you are in stealth you break out from it attacking the mob ahh die mobs i hate ya all and after it...you are at your early 50ies crowded with shrunckin berserkers and sharpshooters you took out 1 and when the others see it...hehe the whole regiment will attack you, I tried a foolish thing or at least it looked like I've put to Vit untill 60 at 60 changed back to my loved and Old pure dex build and well it worked great...died for 2 times before reached 60 (2 times meant by mobs i was Pked by countless times thanks lvl 9x noobies ^^ was fun to call you what you are )and always always watch out for sac assault agro mobs, knowing your target should be a good weapon or at least it helps you
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted

To every assassin class mate...always focus your minds b:chuckle
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I Duno, my alt his got to lv 53 as a sin, and I think that twin strike may become usefull later on in the game. Expecially in pvp. This is just like what bms do, using weaker, but faster skills betwwen stunns to increase damage. Also, chill of the deep is a mist for pvp, and because the decreaesd attack rate does NOT apply for skills. In the end, twin strike can be use in betwwen stunns and works well with CoD. This is just IMO ATM at 5x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]