Loosing archer pride

HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Archer
alright well i really like my archer but he ended on a different server. im having severe problems starting back up because sins. they SEEM to over power us on every aspect except ranged damage. how might i go about getting through this loss of pride? any suggestions on how to deal with pesky sins? (im on lost city and sins are at every turn......)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
Post edited by HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archers have elegant feathers on their heads and stand proud holding a mighty bow while sins stand like drunk emo teenagers with gills on them and tiny weapons which might aswel be a tooth pick.

I know what id rather be b:victory
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archers have elegant feathers on their heads and stand proud holding a mighty bow while sins stand like drunk emo teenagers with gills on them and tiny weapons which might aswel be a tooth pick.

I know what id rather be b:victory

Elfs look like homos.

/thread.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • tessik
    tessik Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Elfs look like homos.

/thread.

you seen the tide form skill yet? for that matter, have you even meditated as a tideborn?
  • Magicgerbil - Harshlands
    Magicgerbil - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    tessik wrote: »
    you seen the tide form skill yet? for that matter, have you even meditated as a tideborn?

You're just jealous of their magical supply of water while meditating =O
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    tessik wrote: »

yea....half naked fish people.
    b:shocked
    although....technically completely naked. (teh males)

although me never really understood clothes too well.
    b:puzzled
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Elfs look like homos.

/thread.

get the f out of here homophobe
  • System
    System Posts: 316 mod
    edited December 2009
    The archer population isn't as high as other classes, why? Because we are a complicated class to play.

If you are a fail archer, you'll go down quick but if you are Pro Archer you will be tough to take down.

With most other classes if you are fail at it, there is at least some other redeeming value about them. For example a fail barb can still be usefull for tanking.

Us archers have some of the highest Spike damage, and can deal both Physical and Magical attacks from a distance.

When fighting an archer, it isn't a straight forward fight.
    - For example when fighting a BM, people blast them with magic, when fighting a Cleric/Wizz, you use Phys attk. But when it comes to archers, they have to mix it up.

Assassins are a strong class, but they are nowhere near invincible.

I'm a strong believer that if you know how to play your class well, you can roll nearly anyone your level.

Use strategy, think of tactics to use against each class.

Hold your bow firmly in your hand, imagine the fear you will inspire when you are a higher leveled archer.

Archers are weak in the early levels, but once you hit 60+ you start to shine brighter than most. You will be part of a sparse population of hunters.

May your arrows always fly true, into the heart of your enemies.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    inb4level100archersQQboutendgame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yep Archers are good. Only thing i dont know is how kill Barb in PvP he has just too many HP for my few mag skills b:cry
  • Shish - Lost City
    Shish - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They have qualities that don't really blend well with our role in PWI, but right now I don't think anyone can say we're obsolete when the only bit of the class we've seen so far has been a few loser cashshoppers oracling their way into 6-7x.

and I pretty much agree with DarkHam.

Who's more useful? A fail archer or a fail assassin? At least a sucky archer can kite.. right? Assassins aren't that useful to anyone.. even if they don't suck
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    - For example when fighting a BM, people blast them with magic, when fighting a Cleric/Wizz, you use Phys attk. But when it comes to archers, they have to mix it up.
    Mix it up? The "we got all sides covered" light armor notion is flawed. Only works on mobs, cuz in pvp, ALL classes hit hard on us.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archers have good ranged damage, skills to keep distance and way more HP. Archer Wins.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i want a leap back skill for archers...and to be able to use daggers b:dirty
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Elfs look like homos.

/thread.

Morty you need to sort your life out, all you have done is tried to flame anyone that has said anything bad about your beloved fish people grow up b:bye
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They have qualities that don't really blend well with our role in PWI, but right now I don't think anyone can say we're obsolete when the only bit of the class we've seen so far has been a few loser cashshoppers oracling their way into 6-7x.

and I pretty much agree with DarkHam.

Who's more useful? A fail archer or a fail assassin? At least a sucky archer can kite.. right? Assassins aren't that useful to anyone.. even if they don't suck

Actually...if it were a choice between 2 fails, I'd go with the Assassin. At least when the boss turns to smush them they're not flinging ranged AoEs at everyone else while they do it. Melee range ftw. b:shutup
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually...if it were a choice between 2 fails, I'd go with the Assassin. At least when the boss turns to smush them they're not flinging ranged AoEs at everyone else while they do it. Melee range ftw. b:shutup

OO but wouldnt a fail assassin just hide and run, leaving the rest of you wondering where they disappeared to?

In any case, I dont see how people should have so much pride in their class.

Your character is a means to have fun with people you like having fun with. It does not matter what class you play or who is better. The most important thing is spending your time with friends chatting, squading, boss hunts, instances, fooling around, etc.

If you feel you dont like your archer, make something you do like :). I for one love my archer cos I know my friends like me being there (I hope they do :P). I could care less if assassins pwn archers or for that matter endgame archers are not that great. All that matters is that I can help my friends kill faster even if I cant kill alone by myself. This is how archers have always been (unless you think they are all like Legolas from Lord of the Rings).
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    , and can deal both Physical and Magical attacks from a distance.

Its pretty stright forward when fighting archers. Barbs/bm don't have a choice but to use phy atk, the same goes for wiz (mag atk). veno is mag only and the pet is phy only. only the cleric got a choice of mixing attacks, but will be mostly mag anyways. the only difference comes from archer fighting archers... and thats mostly phy... rarely any lighting at all.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But you have elven alacrity, which totally trumps their leap skill...

but leap back would be so much fun...you can break channeling if you leap back far enough (if it's as fast as distance shrink) and would work in the air/water b:cute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Shish - Lost City
    Shish - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Your character is a means to have fun with people you like having fun with. It does not matter what class you play or who is better. The most important thing is spending your time with friends chatting, squading, boss hunts, instances, fooling around, etc.

eh.. I don't really play mmo's to make online friends. that's facebook. I play this to kill people so i can feel better about myself. the core of all appeal in video games, yes? b:chuckle

if assassin's offer a better means to do that, making all the time i've put into my archer irrelevant, than i think there's some solid discussion to be had.
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Much rather be an archer. If you get good at kiting its much easier. Sins have to take damage as they need to be in short range to even do damage. Sins don't have elemental damage to take down heavies like archers do.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Matashi - Lost City
    Matashi - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you archers have sharp tooth arrow.. wat the hell u QQing about lol
    As an assassin you learn the true meaning of the letters S.A.S. : SPEED, AGGRESSION, SURPRISE....
    those are the three rules that must never be forgotten by an assassin....
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    We have sharptooth arrow and It's sooo usufull in TT b:cute
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eh.. I don't really play mmo's to make online friends. that's facebook. I play this to kill people so i can feel better about myself. the core of all appeal in video games, yes? b:chuckle

if assassin's offer a better means to do that, making all the time i've put into my archer irrelevant, than i think there's some solid discussion to be had.

If the only reason you play this MMO is to kill people to feel better about yourself and nothing else do the following:-

1.) Uninstall PWI
    2.) Install a FPS multiplayer game u like
    3.) Join an internet room
    4.) Kill all the players there all day

Thats much better investment of your time than sitting and lvling your archer/assassin and acquiring gears and spending on the cash shop :P. Unless of course you lack the reflexes to make any sort of difference in those fast paced PVP games :D

Seriously, MMOs are played with a group of friends (new or old) and doing things cooperatively.
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lets just start off with a few questions:
    Can Assassins kill a target 30m away and laugh?
    Can Assassins take down heavy classes with 1 skill?
    Can Assassins aoe the **** out of an area at a distance?

When it gets down to the basics, assassins is still a melee class, up and close, and will get hit a lot more often than archers. Archers is the class that ends up being, the ranged assassin. We kill targets, before they reach us, that is our goal.