Serious Tideborn stability issue - Heavens Tear.

bluesey
bluesey Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
I've been a casual user of PW for some time now and decided to check out the new classes. HT isn't the best server for me by far, but until server transfers get implemented, I'm stuck on it and I've decided to keep all my characters in one place.

That said, I just made a Psychic and went to talk to my first NPC, and the game totally wigged out on me. It's like s/he has a 10-foot swirling vortex of crash, because as soon as I get in a certain radius, the screen goes black and flickers the picture (yes, it's that bad, not the other way around). As soon as I exit that radius, which takes some doing due to the lag, everything goes back to normal after a few seconds. I've tried doing Best Performance to no effect, and it seems to happen regardless of how many people are actually standing in that general area. I'm currently hooked up to a 100Mbps wired DSL connection for speed, but this kind of thing never even happened when I was operating on the same router's 54Mbps Wi-Fi with other characters.

Edit: Tested it using my wired and Wi-Fi connections both on at once. It seemingly helped the speed, but I came to the conclusion that:

- upon entering roughly a 5-foot radius of Watsertitle Isis, the game would wig out.
- upon getting about 30 feet away, the game stopped wigging out.

This was on Best Performance, as well.
This discussion has been closed.