Stealth LOLs

Options
HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
So my curiosity is often the death of me - Somewhat comparable to a cuddley kitten as some might say :3 Anywho! I stumbled upon a chest guarded by angry cactus and decided to test a stealth grab on it...I stealth into the middle with only 100 mana to spare and to my surprise, they have greater attack range the normal cactus...Upon unstealthing, my body was pierced by over half a dozen prickley stabbers of death instantaneously - Needless to say, it resulted in my immediate and painful demise...XD I shed a tear...Not for my death, but for the way I was instantly killed in such a horrifically beautiful manner b:laugh

Anyone else test stealths limits in silly ways? XD
Post edited by HollowMartyr - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Magicgerbil - Harshlands
    Magicgerbil - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I do =O It's fun XD
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ya i tested it in the fb 29 room cuz i thought id be invisible and pro from all the mobs and look cool to the other guys in the squad. i failed and died epically cuz mobs and even the higher lvls in the squad could still see meb:surrender
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yeap any/mob above your level can see you

but you get a skill that increases the level people have to be to see you lol
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yeap any/mob above your level can see you

but you get a skill that increases the level people have to be to see you lol

This is not correct. My working theory is that the people that can see you either have to be in your party or

Their level needs to be greater than your level + the level of the stealth skill you used (shadow walk and shadow escape have different skill levels) + the stealth level added by cat-like tread (2 stealth levels per skill level) - the enemy's awareness level (as far as I know this is only added by the assassin skill Sharp observer)

For example if you are level 50, with a shadow walk of level 5, and cat-like tread of level 2 then anyone above level 59 will be able to see you even if stealthed, assuming no added awareness ability.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is not correct. My working theory is that the people that can see you either have to be in your party or

Their level needs to be greater than your level + the level of the stealth skill you used (shadow walk and shadow escape have different skill levels) + the stealth level added by cat-like tread (2 stealth levels per skill level) - the enemy's awareness level (as far as I know this is only added by the assassin skill Sharp observer)

For example if you are level 50, with a shadow walk of level 5, and cat-like tread of level 2 then anyone above level 59 will be able to see you even if stealthed, assuming no added awareness ability.

level of your stealth doesn't increase the level people have to be to spot you, of that i am pretty sure, but feel free to go prove it =]
  • SeimeiKaika - Sanctuary
    SeimeiKaika - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    shoulda youtubed it lol
  • MeiLin - Harshlands
    MeiLin - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i learned this the hard way as well b:cry