Soul of retaliation + nix bleed = profit ?????

Options
Draeyos - Lost City
Draeyos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Psychic
is it possible for the nix bleed to be reflected I wonder , if some oracle user could test this id love some info.
Post edited by Draeyos - Lost City on

Comments

• Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    is it possible for the nix bleed to be reflected I wonder , if some oracle user could test this id love some info.

Sure. You're already bleeding and 3 seconds away from death, but at least you also made their nix pet bleed. It might even die from the bleed if the veno doesn't heal his pet in 10 seconds. That'll sure teach 'em huh?
  • Albacore - Dreamweaver
    Albacore - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Doh!

I doubt very seriously that returns status effects, only simple damage. I also don't think DoT is reflected either. then again, i don't really use soul of vengeance.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Doh!

I doubt very seriously that returns status effects, only simple damage. I also don't think DoT is reflected either. then again, i don't really use soul of vengeance.

That's Soul of Vengeance. He's asking about Soul of Retaliation.

Retaliation says it reflects negative status effects. I would think that it should reflect bleed since it's a negative status effect. Well...wait...can bleed be purged by a cleric? That might be the deciding factor. Also, take into consideration that Retaliation has a chance of success based on soulforce. No idea how much you'll need to get a good chance seeing as I have over 1200 already at my level.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • LillyLane - Sanctuary
    LillyLane - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    nix has better def than a robe.. so the bleed wouldnt be as much dmg if reflected back to the nix?
  • GalenNn - Lost City
    GalenNn - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    even if it reflects wont it just kill you straight after anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    nix has better def than a robe.. so the bleed wouldnt be as much dmg if reflected back to the nix?

Bleed damage inflicts a set amount of damage over a duration. That damage is unaffected by defense. Example: A bleed that does 500 damage over 15 seconds is going to deal 500 damage to a HA character and 500 to an AA character.
    even if it reflects wont it just kill you straight after anyway?

Unless you're ganking the nix while it's nearly dead, you're correct.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Mahdust - Harshlands
    Mahdust - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Are you sure? (I had heard different, and I have experienced something that seems different with my own DoT skills.)

I think thats only for the Nix's bleed, the "bugged bleed" that ignores target's defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think thats only for the Nix's bleed, the "bugged bleed" that ignores target's defense.

^(X_X)
    this...bleed does about 300 to me...(according to teh damage log)
    yet every tick does 900+ on me....
    b:sweat
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Don't be noob. All pet bleed skils are 'bugged' in this way. They are bugged in the way that they don't suffer from the 75% dmg reduction all other attacks do suffer in PvP.

And yes, DoT attacks are negative status effects, can be purifyed by a cleric, and bleed deals physical dmg and that dmg first goes through physical defence before you receive it. (just as burn is effected by fire ress)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sure. You're already bleeding and 3 seconds away from death, but at least you also made their nix pet bleed. It might even die from the bleed if the veno doesn't heal his pet in 10 seconds. That'll sure teach 'em huh?

I love how you said "his" which made that statement so much more true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't be noob. All pet bleed skils are 'bugged' in this way. They are bugged in the way that they don't suffer from the 75% dmg reduction all other attacks do suffer in PvP.

And yes, DoT attacks are negative status effects, can be purifyed by a cleric, and bleed deals physical dmg and that dmg first goes through physical defence before you receive it. (just as burn is effected by fire ress)

this......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bleed damage inflicts a set amount of damage over a duration. That damage is unaffected by defense. Example: A bleed that does 500 damage over 15 seconds is going to deal 500 damage to a HA character and 500 to an AA character.
    wrong, its affected by defence. bleed does less damage to heavy armor than arcane. just that pets does pve damage not pvp damage. most players have no idea what the pet bug is about...
    and i can go deeper and say that i dont even think its a bug since all pets arent players hence the pve damage