Options
2»

Comments

• Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Bleed -> Freeze monster/player (now they can't move) -> Move out of their attack range -> Attack with bow while they're unable to fight back -> Switch to daggers once it can attack to finish it off

You have enough str from LA and enough dex from your weapons. You have free arrows from monsters. You may as well take advantage of it to deal the most damage you can while taking as little as possible.

lol? the sleep is 5 seconds. by the time u move into bow range and switch to bow they would have already woke up and start to wail on u. on top of that, u could have thrown in a slip stream and done 5x more dmg to the target then what u would have did otherwise with a bow.

iid much rather do 1.1k dmg to a mob with slipstream (2.1k if it crits) rather then 1 or 2 hits with bow meleeing which is about less dmg then dagger meleeing btw -_-
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol? the sleep is 5 seconds. by the time u move into bow range and switch to bow they would have already woke up and start to wail on u. on top of that, u could have thrown in a slip stream and done 5x more dmg to the target then what u would have did otherwise with a bow.

he means tackling slash which is 6.3 seconds at level one and 9 seconds at max

but i prefer to kill mobs faster and take more damage than to spend time **** assing around and take longer to kill a mob but get hit less
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ya but even with tackling slash my statement remains the same. u could easily do alot more dmg with ur other dagger skills rather then using bow atks that are LESS then dagger dmg especially with the dagger mastery skill.

thats why i said earlier that ppl only use bows to take less hits. but they dont realize that in the end u kill the mobs insanely slower and u will take MORE dmg in the long run then u otherwise would if u just used the dagger skills/atks.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yeahs but it's not about kill speed it's about doing damage before you get hit

some people are all paranoid about the amount of money they spend on hp pots
  • FadeDaggers - Lost City
    FadeDaggers - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

iid much rather do 1.1k dmg to a mob with slipstream (2.1k if it crits) rather then 1 or 2 hits with bow meleeing which is about less dmg then dagger meleeing btw -_-

lol i think u are forgetting the 29 skill that will ommobilize the target for 6.3 seconds giving u a bit more time and it also gives u 50chi
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol i think u are forgetting the 29 skill that will ommobilize the target for 6.3 seconds giving u a bit more time and it also gives u 50chi

and you still kill faster not using a bow
  • Mer_Lina - Sanctuary
    Mer_Lina - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    bow's are an optional choice for sins. no one is making you use it, if you don't like it (no matter what benefits you get from it).

Here are my list for possible use of bow as mentioned:
    1. against physical mobs, gets in a few licks on the mobs before they get in dagger range.
    2. makes the mobs come to you instead of walking all over going to the mobs.
    3. save on repair/potion/charm bills for taking less damage as a result.
    4. in groups, possibly used so you don't take aggro from your party's tank.

bow's have the same stat requirement as daggers so you don't even need to reallocate stats and they do a fairly amount of damage too. Nothing wrong with using a bow, the more weapons and damage at your disposal the better you will be.

My 2 cents on this topic, I'm out.