The Assassin Guide

Comments

• Freylis_Myst - Dreamweaver
    Freylis_Myst - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've got a nice little combo that seems to work out really well for me so far. I dont take a great deal of Damage, and if I do happen to be struck I can easily meditate while the enemy bleeds to death.

I realize I'm not high up in level but so far its just a beautiful combo

check this:

Puncture wound, Deep Sting, (wait for the bleed and sleep to dispell) run back about 10 meters into Knife throw, then Slip stream strike. Typically,the monster usually hits me maybe once or twice, and it really upsets equal level blademasters, because they try to stunlock and what not. Learned this tiny combo from my cleric, Thunderball/sleep, figured I'd try it on my sin and it works pretty well, and if puncture wound gets better and better, then well... it'll keep working amazingly. Also works pretty handy on Invoked barbs, because they're still taking the bleed damage at its max while all other damage is minimized.
  • PussKake - Raging Tide
    PussKake - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im just using this beast build as i call it.....

lvl once then split it between strength and Dex then next level split it between vit and dex then go back to strength alter nate vit and strength.

it is a great build and can really do some serious dmg.
  • Chaos_Blades - Harshlands
    Chaos_Blades - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    good effort but this guide is kinda fail. Its far to early to really understand the usefulness of all of the sin skills. #1 lvling up stealth is smart, not to be rushed but still smart. the more u lvl it the more teh cost goes down not up. and raving slash is used more for mobs that kite u or ppl that kite or to get away. not nesecarily to move on to the next mob.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    good effort but this guide is kinda fail. Its far to early to really understand the usefulness of all of the sin skills. #1 lvling up stealth is smart, not to be rushed but still smart. the more u lvl it the more teh cost goes down not up. and raving slash is used more for mobs that kite u or ppl that kite or to get away. not nesecarily to move on to the next mob.

oh yeah we'll just pull all this extra spirit out of no were to level up all the skills that are useful later on but not needed now
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So how are you giving a guide when you don't even have ulti's yet? What Chaos_Blades said is true. We don't need another guide ruining ppl like LA wizzies. Learn some more of the class.....oh say 9x then make a guide
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So how are you giving a guide when you don't even have ulti's yet? What Chaos_Blades said is true. We don't need another guide ruining ppl like LA wizzies. Learn some more of the class.....oh say 9x then make a guide
    To start off, I think it's a rather scary thought that you're agreeing with someone that cannot read; even the first edition of my guide clearly states increasing Shadow Walk levels reduces the MP cost. Next, a guide (not a guide-line) is exactly what the name implies - to guide people. They don't have to follow the guide, it's just suggested. For people, especially newcomers, a lack of a guide can result in many "fail" builds because they don't have the basic understanding of the game yet, so things aren't very obvious for them. That and you've been here since April of 2009 and you STILL haven't hit level 90, thus under your own statement you're not even qualified to write a guide in your own opinion.

As for credentials, I've been playing rogue classes for over 10 years now in many MMO games, many which are similar to PW's assassin, so I know what I'm looking and aiming at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taliban#3445
    taliban#3445 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    mhmm with ur hlp im able to kill some ppl witch ar like 10lvls higher than me,im at lvl 59 and iv killed many wizards b:laugh,clerics,bm,but still its soo hard to kill barb can u give me any tipsb:shocked,also arnt we kinda like archers but we hit closer tho.i say that why caz my archer is at lvl 89 and do alot of crit but my assassin does alot too he almost does alot of crit like my archer and i loveeeee the shadow walk it works 4 me alot in PK b:dirty,caz i love pking ppl.thats all but really hlp with the killing of barbs.DAMN THE MAND THIER HPb:angry
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    get a str genie get thunder storm get the barb down to enough hp that your amp skill will put it just above half hp then use thunder storm and pray that it crits? lol

sins are not built to kill barbs, just leave them alone and if they chase you just run lol
  • ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide
    ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "Group D: Low Priority, get it only when you have enough to spare
    Shadow Walk (lvl 13)"

Yeah let's see your level 1 Shadow Walk beat my level 4 to all those tasty Nectar spawns :3 Bwahahaha...
    I find speed boosts way too valuable to pass up XD Faster movement...Faster killing...Faster questing and farming...Yummy.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    "Group D: Low Priority, get it only when you have enough to spare
    Shadow Walk (lvl 13)"

Yeah let's see your level 1 Shadow Walk beat my level 4 to all those tasty Nectar spawns :3 Bwahahaha...
    I find speed boosts way too valuable to pass up XD Faster movement...Faster killing...Faster questing and farming...Yummy.

i didn't know using less mp while in stealth helped you move faster o=!!

shadow walk =/= windpush
  • ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide
    ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Rofl nice catch...Well at least you got what I was aiming for XD Sorry for the typo...It's still yummy though :3
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    hehe

windpush is fun i just don't have the spirit to level it i need my spirit for my attack skills, but i will prob max it later

like for rb >=]
  • _Creed_ - Lost City
    _Creed_ - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA dude ur skills tree is totaly Fcked up u told them to keep all the important skills ar lvl 1 ur opinion on sins is messed up this guide is for fails only dont post anymore guides unless u know how to play a sinb:angry
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA dude ur skills tree is totaly Fcked up u told them to keep all the important skills ar lvl 1 ur opinion on sins is messed up this guide is for fails only dont post anymore guides unless u know how to play a sinb:angry

your fail and should never post a guide b:angry why because i say so without adding any proof or proper reason b:angryb:angry
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure Dex Build

Hybrid Build

Vitality Build

Out of these 3, which would be the cheapest, as in spending money on pots
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Pure Dex Build

Hybrid Build

Vitality Build

Out of these 3, which would be the cheapest, as in spending money on pots

for leveling pure dex cause you kill the mobs that little bit faster so sometimes they'll get one less hit than if you were a vit or hybrid
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To start off, I think it's a rather scary thought that you're agreeing with someone that cannot read; even the first edition of my guide clearly states increasing Shadow Walk levels reduces the MP cost. Next, a guide (not a guide-line) is exactly what the name implies - to guide people. They don't have to follow the guide, it's just suggested. For people, especially newcomers, a lack of a guide can result in many "fail" builds because they don't have the basic understanding of the game yet, so things aren't very obvious for them. That and you've been here since April of 2009 and you STILL haven't hit level 90, thus under your own statement you're not even qualified to write a guide in your own opinion.

As for credentials, I've been playing rogue classes for over 10 years now in many MMO games, many which are similar to PW's assassin, so I know what I'm looking and aiming at.
    rofl dude. you said it urself.... dont lvl up shadow walk because it increases mp as u lvl it..... y else would i point it out xD? just get higher lvl adn play more then right a guide. imagine if u told us to lvl a skill that we really dont even need(i reckon u already have) wouldnt u feel just a bit stupid o.o?

fyi: only 1 build for sin and thats pure dex. 1 str and 4 dex every level anything other than that is dumb. You're not meant to stand there and take hits like a BM you're meant to kill quickly.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    rofl dude. you said it urself.... dont lvl up shadow walk because it increases mp as u lvl it..... y else would i point it out xD? just get higher lvl adn play more then right a guide. imagine if u told us to lvl a skill that we really dont even need(i reckon u already have) wouldnt u feel just a bit stupid o.o?

fyi: only 1 build for sin and thats pure dex. 1 str and 4 dex every level anything other than that is dumb. You're not meant to stand there and take hits like a BM you're meant to kill quickly.

sorry that some of us feel like sharing our experiences with the new classes in the form of a guide, guides that obviously are not finished yet and will be added to as things are discovered

when i start a new char i enjoy reading up on what people think of them and there skills, why should people have wait till others are 90 to have a guide? even if it is incomplete
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ppl are just jealous they werent the first to make a guide on the new classes so they start to flame the guy that was first insteadb:surrender
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't bother, Lusca. Not only can these people not read, but they're willing to back each other up. The nonstop use of internet short-hand and horrible grammar already suggests that this will not be an intellectual argument. I've triple checked the guide and the confusion I would think they have is between Shadow Walk and Shadow Jump. If he REALLY had a valid point, he would've quoted where it was instead of claiming it was there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sorry that some of us feel like sharing our experiences with the new classes in the form of a guide, guides that obviously are not finished yet and will be added to as things are discovered

when i start a new char i enjoy reading up on what people think of them and there skills, why should people have wait till others are 90 to have a guide? even if it is incomplete
    there are things that you might need at a higher lvl and beceuse you didnt lvl it now it will become expensive later on in the game. there's nothing wrong w/ saying how you feel about certain skills or combos but writting a guide that gives other ppl suggestions needs to have correct information when made. and these classes just came out so dont look for a great guide immediatly.

@ArKToNE: dude chill lol. If u make a guide dont expect for everyone to agree w/ it. thats just life. Also i'm not the only one who saw u posted lvling shadow walk increases the mana so it should stay lvl 1. ofc you've edited it out now which is good. All were saying is you need to at least played till 70-80 imo to make a decent guide about the new classes since they dont have any sage/demon or 79 skills yet.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Nope, again, not a valid argument. Someone actually QUOTED my original post/guide on the very first page. There wasn't a mistake there either. As I've posted on the other guide, not only are you unrealistic but a liar at that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    there are things that you might need at a higher lvl and beceuse you didnt lvl it now it will become expensive later on in the game. there's nothing wrong w/ saying how you feel about certain skills or combos but writting a guide that gives other ppl suggestions needs to have correct information when made. and these classes just came out so dont look for a great guide immediatly.

@ArKToNE: dude chill lol. If u make a guide dont expect for everyone to agree w/ it. thats just life. Also i'm not the only one who saw u posted lvling shadow walk increases the mana so it should stay lvl 1. ofc you've edited it out now which is good. All were saying is you need to at least played till 70-80 imo to make a decent guide about the new classes since they dont have any sage/demon or 79 skills yet.

last i checked the same skills cost the same coins and spirit if your level 5 or if your level 50 lol

and didn't you say in a previous post that we should be 90 before we make a guide now it's 70-80? what in a few hours will it be ok to make a guide at 60 lol

and the 79 skills aren't out so ofc no one is going to write a guide about them yet regardless of there level x.x
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009

70+-90+ to make a guide? i feel sorry for all the necomers to the game who want to be an assassin or psy then because they wont have any guides at all to follow. not even for basic builds and basic knowledge. so they will add like 4str 1 dex cuz they will think str increases daggers power. or add **** tons of vit and low dex. or lvl skills that SHOULD NOT be lvled at all like the lvl 1 assassin skill twin strike. all because they dont have a proper guide to followb:surrender

unless of course u want to get the oracalers and the fruiters who lvled there way to 95+ in 2 days of expansion release to give the guides? after all they are the lvl requirement in which u say u should be able to give guidesb:shocked
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    70+-90+ to make a guide? i feel sorry for all the necomers to the game who want to be an assassin or psy then because they wont have any guides at all to follow. not even for basic builds and basic knowledge. so they will add like 4str 1 dex cuz they will think str increases daggers power. or add **** tons of vit and low dex. or lvl skills that SHOULD NOT be lvled at all like the lvl 1 assassin skill twin strike. all because they dont have a proper guide to followb:surrender

unless of course u want to get the oracalers and the fruiters who lvled there way to 95+ in 2 days of expansion release to give the guides? after all they are the lvl requirement in which u say u should be able to give guidesb:shocked

yeap and oracalers have such great experience don't they? i'm sure they'll be able to tell us what skills are good for leveling =D!
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Very nice guide Ark b:victory
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    My main point was if you are going to make a guide don't put skills that you don't even have in it. If you would like to be person number 1273289 who judges people by there level then be my guest...I only ask you come to the server I'm from and say that to my 150 ea b:shutup. I also only ask for maybe a disclaimer that you don't fully understand the class and their many roles in pve/pvp/tw/gv/ect
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    My main point was if you are going to make a guide don't put skills that you don't even have in it. If you would like to be person number 1273289 who judges people by there level then be my guest...I only ask you come to the server I'm from and say that to my 150 ea b:shutup. I also only ask for maybe a disclaimer that you don't fully understand the class and their many roles in pve/pvp/tw/gv/ect

i thought that last part was just common sense? is a disclaimer really needed xD but then again this is the pw community we are talking about. . .
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Level Ranking on the front page.

* Level
    * Player
    * Server

* Yasmine
    * Heavens Tear

* Gyonax
    * Heavens Tear

* Elayne
    * Lost City

* Thehate
    * Heavens Tear

* TieuLongNu
    * Dreamweaver

* Vernomtress
    * Sanctuary

* Edya
    * Heavens Tear

* Swordman
    * Dreamweaver

* Priscilla
    * Dreamweaver

* Matja
    * Heavens Tear

Apparently you come from a non-existant or unofficial server. Servers that rush you from level 1 to 100 within 3 days. *Sarcastic* Oh yes~, having the opinion of someone that doesn't actually play legitimately is very helpful indeed. I'm sure you'll be able to teach a whole legion of people about Elven Archer that you've learned in an hour and a half of playing and getting to level 100.

As stated before. Not only unrealistic, but a liar as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    LOL I love people who don't know what they are talking about and come from other games "knowing what they are doing." So PWI has the only servers? Are you too noobish to know about PW-MY, RS, MS, CN, etc? So before you open your mouth learn about the game. Let me add this disclaimer for you

THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN IN HASTE BECAUSE HE HAD TO BE ONE OF THE FIRST. IGNORE MOST IF NOT ALL OF IT BECAUSE HE HAS NO CLUE ABOUT THIS GAME. ALSO, IGNORE ME BECAUSE I'M ONLY LEVEL 87 AND SERVERS THAT GO UP TO 150 DON'T EXIST. DON'T MIND THE FACT THAT I'VE BEEN PLAYING SINCE THIS WAS P2P...BUT THEN AGAIN HE PROBABLY DOESN'T KNOW IT WAS.
This discussion has been closed.