Lvl 43 Build Messed Up

IVIandy - Harshlands
IVIandy - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
I made a veno when I first played this game and sadly did not research my class. My stats are now:
Vit: 37
Str: 70
Magic: 80
Dex: 45

I have been told this is pretty bad for a veno my level ;>_>
And one of my faction members said I could just get a reset stone and do it over again.
But I do not know what points I should take away and what points I should give.
I do not know anything about builds/arcane or whatever. Even though I accidently chose a pvp server.
All I am asking is can someone help me so Im not ashamed of my Veno's stats. b:surrender
Post edited by IVIandy - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Do you mostly fight in foxform, or cast? What kind of armor do you wear? We can give advice better after we have some sort of idea of what kind of veno you want to be.

Have you looked at the stickied guides at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • IVIandy - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    I am sorry. I mostly fight by casting. I wear Arcane except for my boots and that is light. I have a Bloody Chain of Fallen which gives me 3+ magic and Seal of Tamer which gives me +2 magic. And yes I have looked after I had leveled up quite a lot. I did not know where I should have put my points.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At 43 you need 129 magic to wield a weapon the same as your level (the Wheel of Fate is 43). So you want at least 129 mag.

If you wish to restat to a light build, the level 44 wristguards need 48 str and dex. So you'd have to drop your vit to 5 (or 3), drop your str to 48, add 3 to your dex, and dump the rest into mag. This would require an intermediate reset all (-25 from all stats, just need to lower str and vit) and a basic reset (-10 from one stat, vit in this case) at a total cost of 8 gold. The +mag you have from equipment should let you hit weapon requirement with less than 129 mag (the 48 str and dex is a level 44 requirement, so you'll be a couple points short on mag). After you do this, you distribute your 5 points each level as 1 str, 1 dex, 3 mag.

If you wish to restat to an arcane build, the level 43 weapon needs 26 str. So you'd drop str to 26, drop dex to 5, put your mag at 129, and the rest of the points you can put into vit or mag (I'd recommend mag since your vit is already pretty close to what's recommended for a vit/mag build). This would require 2 intermediate resets (-50 from one stat, str and dex in this case) at a total cost of 10 gold. After you do this, you distribute your 5 points each level as 3 mag, 0.5 str (1 str every other level), and the remaining 1.5 points into vit and mag as you wish.

If this were a level 30s character I'd recommend just restarting, but 40s represents quite a bit of work so you're going to have to eat the cost of the resets.
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i had bad alocation points too untill 40 lvl or so, i meet a archer 70 lvl and she told me about points, i find out i screwed my character and was hard to lvl up at archer bcoz i was the tanker on mobs not a pet , but i started to repair just alocate all 5 points to Dex every lvl up.Im 64 now and i repaired my char b:pleased.In your case just alocate all 5 points every lvl up to MAG state and youll be fine,just have patience to the next 25 - 30 lvls or 40 to add all 5 points to mag and youll start to be a good veno.Youll see in next 3 times lvl up it will start to be much better.No need to buy reset notes or spent your hard money work collected.Every 3-4 times lvl up i think you can have new armour and/or weapon available.Important now is to wear belts and necklases with element defence (elemental ornaments), youre lucky bcoz you are a veno and you have a pet to send in battle b:chuckleb:victory,just keep from now on to add all points to magic( i have a veno 43 too) and youll be fine, but in time.Good luck and dont forget , all points goes to magic for at least next 30 lvls,if you dont wanna buy a reset note.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI since nov 2008, FW open beta, BOI open beta, STO free-to-play open release, Torchlight I since came out.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In your case just alocate all 5 points every lvl up to MAG state and youll be fine,just have patience to the next 25 - 30 lvls or 40 to add all 5 points to mag and youll start to be a good veno.Youll see in next 3 times lvl up it will start to be much better.No need to buy reset notes or spent your hard money work collected.
    Normally I'm a fan of this sort of cheap approach to fixing things (despite being rich in-game, I'm notoriously frugal). If this character only had high dex and str, she could do what you say and grow into a light build. Or if she only had high vit and moderate str with a sprinkling of dex, she could grow into an arcane build.

But she has high vit, str, and dex. The str is far in excess of anything you'd need for an arcane build. The high vit is far in excess of what you need to pull off a light or heavy build. And mag is languishing at 49 points below the minimum recommended. If she just put 5 points into mag each level, she wouldn't reach the "minimum" 3 mag per level until 68. And at that point she'd be doing the lower damage of a light build without any of the side benefits. Something has to give, so a reset scroll is a necessity IMHO. If you're going to pay for a reset scroll anyway, might as well do it now and enjoy the benefits immediately.

Edit: TT60 weapon has a 180 mag requirement, and you'd hit that at level 63. So it may work without a restat note. It's still not something I'd recommend though since you'd have 71 stat points (31 in str and 40 in dex), 21% of all your stats, essentially wasted and doing nothing to help you.
  • IVIandy - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Alright, yeah I do not want to start all over and I do have 20 gold on me. So I was thinking of buying a reset stone in the first place but I didnt know where I should put points. Thank you very much everyone, Im still a little confused honestly lol.
  • Kenichiiii - Sanctuary
    Kenichiiii - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Alright, yeah I do not want to start all over and I do have 20 gold on me. So I was thinking of buying a reset stone in the first place but I didnt know where I should put points. Thank you very much everyone, Im still a little confused honestly lol.

If you want to go arcane armor, make STR (Your Level + 8)/2. Rest of points in magic for pure magic. For vit/magic add some points to vit (1 for each level or 1 every other level). Dex should be 5.