to assasin users

xadez1
xadez1 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
well so far my assasin is lvl 20, and the mobs from around lvl 17-20 i think hit so damn hard its not even funny.

it used to be about 3 mobs at lvl 17 but now 1 mob and my HP is 1/2 or so, so every 1-2 mobs atm and im sitting down resting more then killing...atleast it wud be providing i diddnt stock up like mental on hp powders before rolling the class.

so yea what im thinking is has any1 been adding con to there build cos im thinking on doing it for the extra tiny bit of def and ofcourse, the HP, i may lose out on crit/damage on a small scale but im thinking it may be worth it just so im not down and out after 2 mobs.

so my 2 things atm.

damage: very high DD rate for fast kills
defense: very bad for the obvious reasons, wearing light armour isnt working to well, maby i just need to get my lvl 20 garbage on and it may make a small difference.

anyway, anyones thoughts wud be nice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LockDown - Harshlands
    LockDown - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Vit gimps damage. Instead use apoth pots and just continue with full dex. Welcome to LA wearing class :)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Vit gimps damage. Instead use apoth pots and just continue with full dex. Welcome to Melee LA wearing class :)

fixed.
    b:bye
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    Poizon - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thats normal though at the level same thing with Archer. Once you hit level 30 though, it will start coming together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HadronFury - Sanctuary
    HadronFury - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you can probably give 1 pt to vit out of every 10 without gimping your damage too badly. That gives you a hybrid build like some archers do. You'll probably not miss the damage until later, and you can restat then.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i would imagine that it would be harder to level than an archer since you'll be fighting rihgt out on the mobs. however as someone pointed out, after a certain level things should come togeter. thnaks to betters skills. remeber assasins are considered solo class so it would stand to reason that theyy will be able to take care of themselfs sooner or later:P
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Who said assassins are a solo class?

Venos are the solo class.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Levelling assassins would be hard at all levels. As you go the mobs become more ranged magicals than physicals.

I believe assassins are comparable to archers with fists (except for the skills). So unless sins can keep the mob stunned/unable to cast throughout, its gonna get tough. In general an assassin is gonna have to sneak up using stealth, stun and kill every single mob otherwise its gonna be really hard.

Archers -> We tend to keep the targets as far away as possible and kill them before they can hit us
    Assassins -> Need to get to the target undetected and kill it before it can hit you.

This is applicable to a pure dex built assassin. For this sake it would be better for assassins to get some decent vit for added HP even if the dmg takes a hit.
  • Exsaga - Lost City
    Exsaga - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archer has that problem at their 17-20 also... getting damaged more than dealing damage..., Just hang in there assassins will soon pwn like Archers on Melee mobs
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    Poizon - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Levelling assassins would be hard at all levels. As you go the mobs become more ranged magicals than physicals.

I believe assassins are comparable to archers with fists (except for the skills). So unless sins can keep the mob stunned/unable to cast throughout, its gonna get tough. In general an assassin is gonna have to sneak up using stealth, stun and kill every single mob otherwise its gonna be really hard.

Archers -> We tend to keep the targets as far away as possible and kill them before they can hit us
    Assassins -> Need to get to the target undetected and kill it before it can hit you.

This is applicable to a pure dex built assassin. For this sake it would be better for assassins to get some decent vit for added HP even if the dmg takes a hit.

No because vit nerfs sins damage, just stay full dex build evasion is all you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archer has that problem at their 17-20 also... getting damaged more than dealing damage..., Just hang in there assassins will soon pwn like Archers on Melee mobs

Err how many mobs are melee at our level? o.O

@Poizon,
    Well 4 dex 1 str is almost a glass cannon. Magic mobs dont really give a damn about your evasion <.< unless you got some nice physical mobs to level on. Most of the mobs I encounter are ranged magicals. So I guess an assassin should be awesome and keeping the mob from even casting.
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    @ lv 15... so far no problems... everything is going just fine... I think my bm is going to be on the sidelines for a while... I just found my favorite melee class :)
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fixed.
    b:bye

Uh, no not fixed. Ever played an archer at that lvl?