Attack/Deffesnse level skill?

Oneshotu - Lost City
Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Psychic
The Psychic is supposed to have a skill that raises attack level but lowers deffense lvl and vice versa. So my question is if my Psychic have a deffense lvl of 0 already then would it stay the same or go into the negatives?

Another thing I would like to point out about this is I think These skills will be very useful for grinding. Here is an example.
1. I use that attack lvl + skills to attack mob
2. If mob isn't dead by the time it reaches me I can use my deffense lvl skill even though my attack will be reduced I will be more cost effective(maybe...) lol anyways thats it for now.
So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
Nuf said.
Post edited by Oneshotu - Lost City on

Comments

• Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Someone answer my post -_-
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm assuming that your def. level would drop into the negatives, otherwise there would be no penalty for using that skill for 90% of the psychic population.

And for 2. You could just pop one of the souls of revenge instead of switching your atk and def bonuses and have them stunned/slept/whatever. b:victory
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Psychic is supposed to have a skill that raises attack level but lowers deffense lvl and vice versa. So my question is if my Psychic have a deffense lvl of 0 already then would it stay the same or go into the negatives?

Another thing I would like to point out about this is I think These skills will be very useful for grinding. Here is an example.
    2. If mob isn't dead by the time it reaches me I can use my deffense lvl skill even though my attack will be reduced I will be more cost effective(maybe...) lol anyways thats it for now.

It would be similiar to the skill frenzy
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Avaricious - Dreamweaver
    Avaricious - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009

1 - Yes, your defense level will enter the negative. That simply means they'll be doing a bit more than they'd be capable of without the Black Voodoo skill.

2 - You could do so, but so far, at low levels, the difference in damage isn't large enough to make it worth skipping a chance at another attack to reduce their next hit. You're better off just finishing them off with White Voodoo in place.

Just in case you didn't know, White Voodoo is the attack buff, Black Voodoo is the Defense one.
    "Avaricious often implies a pathological, driven greediness for money or other valuables and usually suggests a concomitant miserliness."
  • ilem
    ilem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im in game now and it says Black increase Attack and lowers defence. and White increase defence and lowers attack.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just in case you didn't know, White Voodoo is the defense buff, Black Voodoo is the attack one.

fixed it for you. think about it:
    black magic = destructive
    white voodoo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Fermirotica - Heavens Tear
    Fermirotica - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It goes negative.. this is me with Level 4 Black Voodoo active

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ywac9g.png
    Joyful!
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but each point your attack or defense level rises by increases the power of the skill by 10 points, right? So an Attack Level of 12 adds 120 points of damage to your strike?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but each point your attack or defense level rises by increases the power of the skill by 10 points, right? So an Attack Level of 12 adds 120 points of damage to your strike?

That's incorrect, attack level raises by %, if you have attack level 12, your damage increases by 12%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2009

No, it it adds 12% damage on top of your original damage, and if the number goes negative, then your damage is nerfed by x% (like if it is -12 attack level, you will do 88% of original damage)
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for correcting that! It really didn't seem right. That would be a PHENOMENAL increase. % based seems more realistic.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009

That's incorrect, attack level raises by %, if you have attack level 12, your damage increases by 12%.

correct. so if you have maxed white voodoo activated and assuming the information is correct about the -66 attack level, this gives a -66% attack - or in other words you're attack is 34% of its base value. What the attack level modifies exactly, I am not sure. I will assume its talking about your "base attack". So with a base magic attack of ie. 1500 - 1800, you come out with 510-612 base attack.

afaik skills would still hit for X% of [modified base attack] + Number depending on level. That said, certain skills can potentially still pack a decent punch even with a negative attack level. The Water DoT spell shouldn't see much decrease at all and it seems to do a pretty decent amount of damage even at level 1. Question now becomes (since I never bothered to actually look) -- does it stack like bleeds do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..