Ecatomb site & B.O.s

Options
Rheth - Sanctuary
Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
Any clue if it is going to be updated for the new classes, and what about builds, or are we all gonna wing it before a B.O. thread comes out? Doubt an archer pure build will work, but who knows...

:< And i hope the new classes will start with wings like the elves do!
Post edited by Rheth - Sanctuary on

Comments

• boltarius
    boltarius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if anyone knows something bout the assasin build (a build for pvp) or a skill guide for pvp i would apreciate if he/she shares it with us b:laugh i know its too soon ...the expansion ahven even came out xDDD but still...try wont kill me b:victory

i hope sob:shocked....
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's a fan site(?), ask the webmasters?

You could also wait until the patch is publicly released and all the client-side data is delivered so they can go in and examine said contents.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Limshutian - Sanctuary
    Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i think they will be updated...well ecatomb has tideborn pictures on the background now...dont know how long those have been there, but i just check earlier today
  • SuperJerry - Harshlands
    SuperJerry - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ima try 1 str, 4 dex every lvl (pretty much pure dex), but that's just me...
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ima try 1 str, 4 dex every lvl (pretty much pure dex), but that's just me...

That's not pure dex. You're going to give yourself too much strength if you follow that build, it is better if you alternate between 5 dex and 1 str 4 dex when considering distribution.

Other builds will come up, but you can't really go wrong with a pure dexterity build.
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That's not pure dex. You're going to give yourself too much strength if you follow that build, it is better if you alternate between 5 dex and 1 str 4 dex when considering distribution.

Other builds will come up, but you can't really go wrong with a pure dexterity build.

assassins use LA...not arcane >__<
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yes, you need 1 str per level to wear at-level Light Armor.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Give me a week with my assassin and I can make the most awesome guide ever. You people who have to have guides before playing are boring, learn to wing it and learn as you play. I find it much funner that way at least.
  • razad
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Give me a week with my assassin and I can make the most awesome guide ever. You people who have to have guides before playing are boring, learn to wing it and learn as you play. I find it much funner that way at least.

OoO that'd be awesome Haiz :)
  • rose75rip
    rose75rip Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    For stat builds, I was browsing youtube recently and saw 2 people post videos about stat builds based on experiences from China version or something like that.

Some assassin go either:

1) "Full Dex Build" (Every level - 4 Dex, 1 Str) since assassin damage is based on dex

2) "Hybrid Build" (Every level - 3 Dex, 1 Str, 1 Vit)

So yeah, so basic cookie cutter builds to start you off for those who don't want to spend time remaking their characters trying to figure out optimal builds.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yes, you need 1 str per level to wear at-level Light Armor.
    That would hold true for the armor but im wondering about there weapons. tbh I like the vit build since unlike archers we have to get up close and personal b:surrender
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i plan to make a semi vit build sin.. i have a feeling sins will need all the hp they can get, being a squishy melee class.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I myself wasnt asking for a build order. It was a general question ...
  • Campbell - Lost City
    Campbell - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im going to Hi-jack a barb build for my sin,

VIT = all points left over
    STR = follow equipment requirements
    DEX = follow equipment requirements
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im going to Hi-jack a barb build for my sin,

VIT = all points left over
    STR = follow equipment requirements
    DEX = follow equipment requirements
    Goodluck killing something without the crits b:nosebleed
  • Campbell - Lost City
    Campbell - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Goodluck killing something without the crits b:nosebleed

Yeah but when your dead you cant do any damage. Besides I can always reset b:victory
  • Masoteaka - Heavens Tear
    Masoteaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My EA/Assassin build is

1 Str - Every lvl
    1 Con/Vit - Ever other lvl
    4/3 Agi/Dex - 4 on lvls w/o Con and 3 on lvls with Con

here's first 10 lvls of build....

Lvl 1: Str 5, Agi 5, Con 5 - Base stats ofc
    Lvl 2: Str 6, Agi 9, Con 5 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 3: Str 7, Agi 12, Con 6 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 4: Str 8, Agi 16, Con 6 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 5: Str 9, Agi 19, Con 7 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 6: Str 10, Agi 23, Con 7 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 7: Str 11, Agi 26, Con 8 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 8: Str 12, Agi 30, Con 8 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 9: Str 13, Agi 33, Con 9 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 10: Str 14, Agi 37, Con 9 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con

and so on b:victory

for ppl who dont care about Con or know how to live w/o it just take the Con and add to Agi =o so yea 1 Str, 4 Agi every lvl

anyway just my 2 cents about build b:bye
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Nice chart Masoteaka when i play on the other version pw which has tide already. My current build is like a archer 4 dex and 1 str usually and but going to try. every even # 4 dex 1 str odd 3 dex 1 str 1 and one point free if for vit if need it. Well off to see if buddy home so can play my assian and duel mine assian and his physic. love tide now can play when home without going to his place
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

lol your not very well informed, assassin uses LA which is 1 str 1 dex per lvl req not arcane armor which then would be 5 mag and 4 mag 1 str not 5 dex 4 dex 1 str lol. i'm personally gonna go 3 dex 1 str 1 vit to abuse blood bath later on, and to give myself atleast a slightly larger hp pool. i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that it'll be 14 hp per vit. were not bm so not as high at 15 and were more mele then archer so higher then 13 but then again it's just speculation. either way lvl 10 is 140 hp higher and lvl 20 is 240 hp higher. it does add up in time. and since i'll be hand to hand i'm gonna want a hp pool. plus theirs a skill that heals us 20% of our hp bar and keeps us alive in the process so the more hp the more use that has plus blood bath helps. and this way we can have some fun at like say lvl 30-40 or whenever we get blood bath. (hopefully not a 59 buff cause that'd suck) and just use invisibility and hunt down FB bosses all day for molds and such of the like. 3*'s sorta like i do on my veno but I farm the mats and just wine it.

either way that's my way i'm doing my sin early on take it as you will. and sry for so much text and some off subject
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    But they have a skill to heal themselves based off the damage they do. Why give yourself more HP when you'll be needing to pot it more anyway? More damage actually improves survival for these guys too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    double posted it.... i didnt do it >.<

even the times are off, thats weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razad
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yeah, thats what im saying, pure dex FTW
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm going heavy armor unless the daggers have extremely high dex requirement like bows. I'm gonna pwn all your faces.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yep i never read a guide before I just make things as i move along and it usually turns out pretty good
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    my build is....

i put it the points where i frikn want them b:cute
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Heavy assassins may be a viable build even if the daggers have a 3 dex/level requirement. 3 dex 2 str per level allows you to wear HA roughly 1 grade below your level, with at-level weapon. Maybe even at-level HA if you find a lot of +str and +dex gear and restat accordingly.

Personally I'm more wondering if daggers are class-restricted. I wanna knife some people with my archer.
  • Venomocity - Lost City
    Venomocity - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As far as I know, they are pure dex build. I don't know if the can fly right off the bat, but they do have their own special racial wings.
    Everyone needs to remember that they are meant to critical strike people close up. Some of the skills on the site said they can disappear from view and move away unseen too. So along with these skills a pure dex build will probably be best.
  • visje87
    visje87 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If u ever have played shaiya(mmorpg) u should know how to stat Sins.
    Anyway i'd go for 3str/2 dex or 3dex/2 str
    b:angry
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

yay a guild soonish! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

and you obviously dont know what you're talking about either, because if someone follows what you said, they'd only have about half the strength they needed for light armor. turn your brain on grab some coffee or something before you open another typebox again.

pure dex is indeed adding a str point every lvl and the rest to dex (1str 4dex every lvl), that is after you've got your strength to your lvl+4, then u just do the 1s 4d to maintain a pure dex build
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
This discussion has been closed.