Options
2»

Comments

• Miss_Cleo - Lost City
    Miss_Cleo - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Both of the below!!

If you are worried about HP there are cheap shards that you can use...however, I have found that death is rare (even PvP death b:chuckle) id you know how to play and use the skills to your advantage.

Landslide, White/Black Voodoo (situational) and Bubble are great skills!
    high vit psych is just a fail ... nearly all skills are base matk .. -.-
    That is what White Voodoo+Bubble of life combination is for. Against archer mobs they'll barely do anything to your HP. Putting in vit will gimp your magic attack power. If they get close to you, then simply use Aqua Impact+Landslide, that combination itself will give you enough time to cast Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast. It'll even give you enough time to cast Bubble of Life instead.

Learning to keep archer mobs off you (and kill them before they get to you) not only saves your HP, it'll also help you save money from those unnecessary repair bills on your armor. Psy's mana will be eaten up so easily by their skills which means you'll need money for mp pots(if you don't have an mp charm) and let's also not forget about their skills.
  • Zeilos - Lost City
    Zeilos - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Both of the below!!

If you are worried about HP there are cheap shards that you can use...however, I have found that death is rare (even PvP death b:chuckle) id you know how to play and use the skills to your advantage.

Landslide, White/Black Voodoo (situational) and Bubble are great skills!

pls elaborate on this , are psy good at pvp ?
  • King_Amles_I - Lost City
    King_Amles_I - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My build is a bit flexible
    3 magic at every lvl
    1 vit every lvl
    1 str or dex every lvl changing

works well for me.
    i was wearing light armour top and legs until i got special psychic armour
    The ruler of Archosaur, King_Amles_I presents pictures of his domain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My build is a bit flexible
    3 magic at every lvl
    1 vit every lvl
    1 str or dex every lvl changing

works well for me.
    i was wearing light armour top and legs until i got special psychic armour

Good Luck with that build, lol.
    I like pie
  • Miss_Cleo - Lost City
    Miss_Cleo - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pls elaborate on this , are psy good at pvp ?

At 3x I beat a 5x barb that thought he could gank me. Was funny!

The other 3-4 deaths in PvP I have been one-shot by 8-9x gankers.

I do know of a few Psychic's 5x that have killed 7x's of various classes.

In comparison to other classes, I think that these two new ones are ready for PvP (versus there level of 10-20 levels higher) earlier.

I guess I will know more when of higher level, but I can tell you that these classes will be even more broken when they reach endgame.

Please people Full Mag if you want to own!!
  • Zeilos - Lost City
    Zeilos - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have 27 vit atm . Will that have a huge impact on my dmg ? ( I quit adding vit at 23 cuz earth mobs were pissing me off ><)
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    psychic alt is only lvl 21 but i go pure mag all the way i get hit on rare occeasion i never use white voodoo when im actually killing and if i face stupid archers i will just equip some physical oraments and kill a big part of their damage compared to my 2x wizzy which i had it goes great so far at my wizzy i ragequitted at lvl 24 forever(cause off way to much deaths and kiting) and at this char i never died and only gotta kite increase off life mobs
    the rules off my psychic for me are keep atacking and what cant hit you cant hurt you
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm surprised people are so idealistic about this and bashing ideas. Maybe the vit LA psychic is fail (and I laughed too), but at level 28 my psychic has 20 vit, 140 mag, and does perfectly fine. With absolutely zero vit you have to rely significantly on not getting hit much, as your heal is nothing like a cleric's ironheart (or purely rely on high pots like multiflavors), as similar as it seems. While Landslide, for instance, will greatly help in these regards, and often times prevents you from ever using pots, when you face archer-like mobs, there is a great risk of being killed by the fast-arrow-glitch-or-non-glitch. Personally, I would say go low on vit, but not high, and not zero. Just enough to survive those occasions you run into, then re-stat later like a good portion of magic builds that get 10-or-similar HP per vit do when refines/shards are more sensible.

That being said, mobs are still very easy to kill, to 2, 3, or 4 shot before they ever get to you. I've died twice the entire time with my psychic. First one at like level 11 because I was on the phone, not paying attention, and going hit-for-hit with a mag resist mob who was doing phys dmg on me, and the 2nd time when I turned my head toward the TV (short attention span) and forgot I hit a mob, turned my head back to see a mob with like 3/4 of its life left kill me and got the "you were killed!" box. None of them had to do with the build.

I have failed my chance of getting the lvl 30 weapon mold....b:shocked b:cry

But Mobs still die to 3-4 shots with the same lvl 22 weapon except +2 with the 2 mirage stones i got from our kind general. DUH b:angry

I have noticed that mobs will take 4 shots from now on to kill, unless I let them get close and finish them with landslide and that is not an option for the adalwolf archers.

I currently have 840 plus HP (unbuffed) and my psychic heal spell (level 1 only) is enough to heal me to full from Half HP remaining.

Anything that my second shot doesn't reduced to half hp and below, instincts kick in and I will start to kite the mob.

I supposed that robes class are supposed to kill the target off outright, or kite the target when there's a need. Holding your grounds to fight the mobs is not what robes should be doing.

Albeit that Psychics are less strategic in gameplay, but the mechanics aren't any different from mages. If you are looking to tank hits from a mob or player, then you should be a HA class.

But adding vit is a viable option for PVP servers to give you enough time to run away. But PVE servers, this is not necessary as the only thing hitting you will be mobs till you do TW. b:chuckle