BladeMasters bad in PVP?

newplayerhere
newplayerhere Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
I am new here, i am playing in Lost City server. I am a Axe BladeMaster. I just wanted know if we are good at PVP at 90+ levels (End Game). I specially want to know how can they deal with magic attackers. I would like to know the opinions of not only other classes but specially strong very high level BMs (would love a good argument between all of you b:chuckle). Is BM worth playing? Tips and Tricks would help. Most other classes claim that BMs are bad in PVP. Thats why i am desperatly asking for answers.
Post edited by newplayerhere on

Comments

• DeityofRain_ - Harshlands
    DeityofRain_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    only thing bm got going is their stun

close range melee don't really shine. to much chasingb:surrenderb:chuckle
  • Malley - Lost City
    Malley - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BM is a hit or miss in pvp with axe you can do your stun locks so thats a plus but it only matters if you can get in close before
    a cleric puts you to sleep
    a wizards one shots you
    a veno sends her pet in and shoots you
    archer zaps twice

and getting a hit in before any of that happens can be really hard to do, even if you sneak up on them sometimes
    but like I said its a hit or miss, some people are great at it, some are decent and most suck.

"btw ima lvl 63 sword/pole bm an im rerolling just becuase I dont like the moves anymore, not sure if im going tideborn"
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    a well played endgame fist BM is probably the second best PK class in the game.
    But one needs to master the technique of sneaking on PPL.

E.g: Endgame Axe BM vs Rank8 heavy refined archer = 45 minutes of charm ****.
    BM gets bored, switches to fists and archer drops in 20 seconds. 5 hits/second is not to be underestimated (mix of LA and HA TT100 armor for - interval bonus). But for that, u need to get up close and personal. Against an archer/barb/cleric/veno that works, against a wizzard is much harder and a rank8 heavy refined wizard will just 1 shot a BM with a double sparked ulti 50% of the time. Problem with wizz is that has both phys and mag ultis, so dependind on the marrow tactic can be changed to max the dmg.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    at endgame a all weapon bm with good refines and -int will be quite good

if you pure axe and a vit build your screwd gimped and are little more than an annoyance to every other class

dont do it i really get sick of that build it dosent work 99% of the time (1% being rebirth)

multipath or make a barb
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • XFeRX - Harshlands
    XFeRX - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    a well played endgame fist BM is probably the second best PK class in the game.
    But one needs to master the technique of sneaking on PPL.

E.g: Endgame Axe BM vs Rank8 heavy refined archer = 45 minutes of charm ****.
    BM gets bored, switches to fists and archer drops in 20 seconds. 5 hits/second is not to be underestimated (mix of LA and HA TT100 armor for - interval bonus). But for that, u need to get up close and personal. Against an archer/barb/cleric/veno that works, against a wizzard is much harder and a rank8 heavy refined wizard will just 1 shot a BM with a double sparked ulti 50% of the time. Problem with wizz is that has both phys and mag ultis, so dependind on the marrow tactic can be changed to max the dmg.

LOL are you a moron? b:lipcurl
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BMs have the best survivability in 1v1 pvp in the game and good for team play as well. Can DD well with fists and support well with axes.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    newplayerhere go find Kniraven and beg him to teach you or something.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    first, max all your stuns, hopefully they will not use anti-stun, so you can get them in an awesome stun lock. stun lock = 90% to win. that 10% will be all your misses considering axe bms have bad accuracy.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I enjoy killing BM's in PVP :)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if you only stick with axe, you're going to have to suffer the disadvantages of axe.

i think in order for bms to be effective pkers, they have to be able to use multiple weapons. you can combine different paths and chain their heaviest hitting attacks for a lot of damage. being able to stun with axe then switch to spear makes a bm a lot scarier, for example. farstrike hits so hard if you never go spear you're missing out - especially sage farstrike
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Wulfkin - Harshlands
    Wulfkin - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Honestly it is about skill. I am only lvl 52 but from my experiance. Bms are an easy kill. All I have to do is stun them with mighty swing, garrotte(bleed skill) chain some attakcs and repeat. My friend though is a pooleblade build and I have a hard time getting him much past half HP. You are going to have alot of trouble if you pick BM but it comes down to skill and equips.
    (After 4 times of being one shotted by Dipster, once with a friend)

Me:-sits barely outside of mob radius- Dipster...I know we have had our differences, but I have learned that violence solves nothing. So I make my peace with you. I will forgive you hitting me for 10k damage and one shotting me. I will even forgive you one shotting my friend and then sitting on him. Now I will go in peace...but rememeber the first rule in battle... EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!!!
    -Charges at Dipster in tiger form hitting him with Flesh Ream before being hit for 10.5k-

Quote:Never Wrong, just misguided. -Wulfkin
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What Quilue said. You need to use multiple weapons to benefit from all the BMs ulti skills, to be badass endgame. Also Bms using fists is by far the scariest dmg-wise i ever seen lol. Ive seen fist Bms drop vita build barbs easy. If you just use axe you will be pretty nerfed tho.

Phy attacks are kinda weak endgame generally compared to magic anyhow, so Bms cant afford to have much vita either - unless you only wanna play support and stun + dragon in pvp only.
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    not really o.o

I saw some BM are good at it... maybe not as fast as the other class but they are not always bad, u can run with cloud sprint or the other version of it (but need chi I know) or Holypath chasing ur enemy. (Except wizzy/archer..i understand they are cool at it) and cleric sleep will gone once u got attacked... so there is a chance for BM to stun and kill cleric with their stun...(it's hard...I've tried it)

but well...I think the answer is..."Depend on the player"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I enjoy killing BM's in PVP :)

You kited like hell against that 10x bm with +12 zerk zxes in your last video lol.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    from personal experience, i dont have TOO much of a problem with Mages/Archers and i am an axe build (with 2 mistys btw) basically with mages u need alter marrow magical(unless cleric with plume shot) and get Cloud sprint maxed so u get the other one (forgot what its called even tho i have it XD) at the cost of 1 spark u get 100% evasion, and immunity to stuns, so do that twords ur target, hit em with a slow down hit like Oceans edge or Fissure. But ur gonna get killed by mages and archers if they spot u first and u dont know how to react when they hit u, plus there is many genie skils that can work to your advantage and give u the edge against a mage/archer and even can 1 shoot some of them :) so no i will have to say that a BM is NOT the worst class for pvp or anything
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well its not good at endgame, thats for sure. Tanking wise they are hardcore...Stuns get very annoying. But when it comes 2 heavy refines and endgame gear, All i can say is you better be pro or your going nowhere
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Necro b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Yougotmurked - Lost City
    Yougotmurked - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    are bms bad in pvp? to even ask such a question u should be slapped! come to lost city ill do the honors. b:thanks
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Playing a BM is a really fun class, if you build it right, you can be insanely good. Its also not hard to mess up a bm and fail in pvp.
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its a fun class if you build it right, 1v1 we own. The last time I lost in a 1v1 was when it was ANOTHER BM. And ofcourse those killer Barbs with HP >.>
    Axe + Pole = Pwnage
    And, its not much of a difference. Just more dex, which can be good for you in that accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, I'm playing with BM almost 3 years, but EA and Veno is stronger than BM. Well, if EA have bad gear, he's weak, but hard to kill when EA have +10 gear, +12 bow. Only BM Fister can do something, but for fister need to get good gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    BM = BowMasta...

Don't **** with demon sparked bows on a BM.

but no really, best build is str dex. for PVP. cleric/sins are easy to kill if you use Will of the Bod...barbs you need to demon spark and use fists (and hope to god they dont invoke)
    veno(if the have nix) stun the fxcking nix..and kill the veno...
    archers...to be honest..sometimes its better with bow..but if you know how to stun lock..you can pwn with axe..
    wizzies..yeah just make sure they don't 1 shot you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Bms are pretty good end-game pk class IF you get fists. Don't really need to use all weapons and max all skills. Not to mention that's just ****ing expensive in terms of sp and coins, and kinda not doable till 9x, fists at 100+, with hh99 armor and using cv claws or hh100 fists with decent refine, with -interval gears (and actually this works better if you're demon bm for the spark as you won't need to get as many int gears to get the 5 attacks/second compared to sage), you'll be able to kill most classes... Will have hard time killing barbs with 30k HP, and mages with lvl 11 earth barrier. But other then that, pretty much everyone else dies fast, even other bms.

PS: Wtf is wrong with my avatar thingy saying i'm 99, fix it gms! D=
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Bms are pretty good end-game pk class IF you get fists. Don't really need to use all weapons and max all skills. Not to mention that's just ****ing expensive in terms of sp and coins, and kinda not doable till 9x, fists at 100+, with hh99 armor and using cv claws or hh100 fists with decent refine, with -interval gears (and actually this works better if you're demon bm for the spark as you won't need to get as many int gears to get the 5 attacks/second compared to sage), you'll be able to kill most classes... Will have hard time killing barbs with 30k HP, and mages with lvl 11 earth barrier. But other then that, pretty much everyone else dies fast, even other bms.

PS: Wtf is wrong with my avatar thingy saying i'm 99, fix it gms! D=

G'luck to spend real money. Without real money you can't get good gear. No money - No fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, I'm playing with BM almost 3 years, but EA and Veno is stronger than BM. Well, if EA have bad gear, he's weak, but hard to kill when EA have +10 gear, +12 bow. Only BM Fister can do something, but for fister need to get good gear.

Quit necroing threads you twit.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Brotherhood - Harshlands
    Brotherhood - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    bms should multipath 2 be really effective. if ur goin axe i recomend multipathing with fists cause that path gives u dps and accuracy which are 2 things an axe bms lacks. and if u wanna pvp with arcane the bets path would be fists cause of how they cna interrupt channeling
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nope...BMs are the shiit in PvP
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nope...BMs are the shiit in PvP

Yep,

1. Heavens Flame
    2. Bramble Rage (broken genie skill)
    3. Profit!!!!!
    4. ??????????
  • Jittery - Lost City
    Jittery - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ive seen some pretty amazing players of all classes in amazing gear. But out of all of them, the ONE CLASS i simply cannot tank dmg and have to kite like mad is a endgame demon fist BM. Its not cheap to be a good fist BM. But, if you do manage to get 5 attacks a second you can kill anyone in the game. there is no person that can tank a cash shop geared fist BM with 5 attacks a second. go find NYKage or Zerhee in Lost City and they will show you exactly what i mean.....and ya, so what they are melee and have to get in close and personall. dosent matter when you have well over 10k m/p def and over 15000 hp. Out of any CS class in the game fist BMs are the most deadly in mu opinion. I can tank a couple hits from a jun8 +12 archer and kite to sz. I can pvp pot and absolute domain against wizzy. but if a fist BM comes and uses all his stun locking skills on you and triples you will die and its so much dmg its not even recorded in the dmg log.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    ive seen some pretty amazing players of all classes in amazing gear. But out of all of them, the ONE CLASS i simply cannot tank dmg and have to kite like mad is a endgame demon fist BM. Its not cheap to be a good fist BM. But, if you do manage to get 5 attacks a second you can kill anyone in the game. there is no person that can tank a cash shop geared fist BM with 5 attacks a second. go find NYKage or Zerhee in Lost City and they will show you exactly what i mean.....and ya, so what they are melee and have to get in close and personall. dosent matter when you have well over 10k m/p def and over 15000 hp. Out of any CS class in the game fist BMs are the most deadly in mu opinion. I can tank a couple hits from a jun8 +12 archer and kite to sz. I can pvp pot and absolute domain against wizzy. but if a fist BM comes and uses all his stun locking skills on you and triples you will die and its so much dmg its not even recorded in the dmg log.

I agree with you. Demon Fister (+10/+12 gear) are devils. I'm sage, so I can't be a fister. So I'm using Blade. It's fast too and not bad hits. I have all weapon's mastery, but my main is Blade. So I can fight only non cash-shopers, becouse my gear is cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]