Veno Build attributes

Options
Nocticula - Harshlands
Nocticula - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
I have seen many differnt versions for a Veno build but how many points should go where, each level? Should magic and dexterity be higher than the other two?
[sigpic] [/sigpic]

Something Something Something DarkSide
Post edited by Nocticula - Harshlands on

Comments

• SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
    SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I just do the regular suggested stat build for Veno, every two levels I do 1 STR, 2 VIT, and 7 MAG. Works like a charm ^_^
    Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I just do the regular suggested stat build for Veno, every two levels I do 1 STR, 2 VIT, and 7 MAG. Works like a charm ^_^
    follow this build, the vit arcane, it works wonders. you dont need dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    follow this build, the vit arcane, it works wonders. you dont need dex.

You don't need to waste stats on vit. There are plenty happy pure mag venos.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    You don't need to waste stats on vit. There are plenty happy pure mag venos.
    thats their perogative, but it doesnt change the fact its the best. if your playstyle makes you happy, present your case on why you enjoy it, but dont besmirch other builds just because you think yours is best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Great waffle. You've deliberately punched one of his hot-buttons.

For the record - I've splashed less vit that that, but still a little bit. Pure magic works, vit works - lots of things work. Veno's are very forgiving.

But yeah, magic is your primary stat. At least 3 points a level into magic.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tis the point, and one of the highlights of my week :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    main builds are dictated by the kind of armor you wear

arcane = not flexible at all. best magic damage and pet heal.

light = flexible in terms of defense and attack.

heavy = most flexible in terms of defense. not as flexible as light for attack. worst pet heal.

even then you can make countless variations of these 3 main builds. even items can be included to your planning. to give a few examples:

arcane vit veno: typically a veno with very high vitality. survivability is the key.

light veno with 2 sets of rings(magic and phys): a veno that uses both (fox form) melee and (human) magic attacks.

heavy veno with 0-3 arcane items: mixing items (assuming your stats meet the requeriments) is a great way to build your defenses according to your needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I just splashed around Vit till I had 60 base. Now Im doing 1str 9 mag..At 82 Vit, 329 magic at the moment and Im loving it, my spells hit hard enough for me, I can heal my pet fast enough and I can take hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thats their perogative, but it doesnt change the fact its the best. if your playstyle makes you happy, present your case on why you enjoy it, but dont besmirch other builds just because you think yours is best.

Whether you're PvE or PvP, you most likely still use PvE to advance in coin/XP/SP/rep. If you're slowed down in PvE: you're likely slowed down in PvP also.

Wasting on vit causes deficiencies in things like max MP, mp recov, mAtk, pet healing, mDef, etc which all result in a cost of either time or coin. Because of having lower mDef, you may be inclined to use more expensive Citrines to shard vs Garnets (Perfect or better). With the higher HP/lower Def your HP recovery methods will cost more including using Soul Transfusion to fill your MP with HP pots. Time wasted and coin spent on MP and HP is permanently lost while good sharding adds to resale value. One example of waste: If I had higher HP and lower defense, using leech - I'd have to spend a lot more time in fox form to recover the same percentage of HP while having the same survivability.

The exception would be those who pay cash for levels, equips, and focus on PvP, and that's where play style comes into play if you consider paying to be playing.
    main builds are dictated by the kind of armor you wear

arcane = not flexible at all. best magic damage and pet heal.

light = flexible in terms of defense and attack.

heavy = most flexible in terms of defense. not as flexible as light for attack. worst pet heal.

even then you can make countless variations of these 3 main builds. even items can be included to your planning. to give a few examples:

arcane vit veno: typically a veno with very high vitality. survivability is the key.

light veno with 2 sets of rings(magic and phys): a veno that uses both (fox form) melee and (human) magic attacks.

heavy veno with 0-3 arcane items: mixing items (assuming your stats meet the requeriments) is a great way to build your defenses according to your needs.

It's not always that simple. A light armor build can refine their weapon more to compensate for matk, and pet healing but they'll still be missing when it comes to max mp, mp recov, mdef, and the benefits that come with them. The higher dex required for LA doesn't carry the same degree of benefits. Also consider the weapons of choice which tend to be TT weapons which often aren't suitable for refining if you plan to decompose. Sure, you can sell and rebuild, but then we're at time/coin lost again. Legendary Armor tends to be popular for the Arcane build so armor refines to compensate for vit aren't such a waste. Stats required for different jobs can come from different equips. I have some pdef /hp gear and some -%ch +mag gears. Pure mag to me is about efficiency and empowerment, but knowing how fast I can kill in Fox Form does make HA/AA intriguing.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wasting on vit causes deficiencies in things like max MP (wrong, 8k isnt a deficiency), mp recov (really? with my mag, tauren, and TT90 shoes, i had no problem), mAtk(dont know what planet youre living on, i wasnt aware my 6-8k was low), pet healing (yeah, my heals are random, but they arent low), mDef (vit adds mdef, look on pwcalc... and the amount pure mag has over vit/arcane is minute), etc which all result in a cost of either time or coin. ... With the higher HP/lower Def your HP recovery methods will cost more including using Soul Transfusion to fill your MP with HP pots. (vit arcane has better pdef than pure mag. we're going to be taking less damage. there is a larger pool too before charms go off, this is a good thing.)
    can you say fabricated argument with incorrect information?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you completely fabricated an argument our of factual fallacy.

vit arcane does NOT lack any of the things you mentioned,

-it has better pdef and hp than you, less chance of a charm ticking. good saver of $ there

-it has no lack of pet heals or mdef, the amount pure mag has over it is very subtle and insignificant

-the m.atk is superior to any other build except pure mag. even then its not that much higher.

-there is no lack of mp, i easily had 8k in my 90s.

please, go make false arguments elsewhere man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    Options
    -there is no lack of mp, i easily had 8k in my 90s.

please, go make false arguments elsewhere man

All you (TearValerin - recycled troll) do is troll and insult with misleading info wasting all our time. How about you go?