The Best Mage Build

AraIyn - Sanctuary
AraIyn - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
what i always do with my mage is per level
1 str
4 dex
it is an uncommon build that not many people use, it sounds silly but it is really good. Also instead of using magic, you use a bow and arrows, this makes you good versus squishies, and also you can wear light armour.b:victory
Post edited by AraIyn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    O.o Why not just roll an archer? You won't have any archer-specific skills, nor be able to use wizard skills while weilding a bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i prefer bowbarians over bowmages

b:dirty pandas
    i like potato
  • Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver
    Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    O.o Why not just roll an archer? You won't have any archer-specific skills, nor be able to use wizard skills while weilding a bow.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Archers are much better at being archers than mages are.
    O power that lies at the root of all creation,
    O memory inscribed in ages past,
    Hear my call and arise before me!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009

^THIS!
    BOWBARIAN POWAH!
    b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JediPandaX - Sanctuary
    JediPandaX - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is a joke, right? if not go into pk mode and i'll see ya near west gate... you do fine.... trust meb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The Phantom Zone of ultimate MaDdNeSs is A ROOM WTH A MOOSE!
  • mjohio
    mjohio Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this must be a joke. i dont know how that would make any sense whatsoever using a bow on a wizard.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    what i always do with my mage is per level
    1 str
    4 dex
    it is an uncommon build that not many people use, it sounds silly but it is really good. Also instead of using magic, you use a bow and arrows, this makes you good versus squishies, and also you can wear light armour.b:victory

Welcome to the PWI Forums. The short bus parking is around back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Only if they are wearing arcane armor, how else would you survive attacks from magic users???
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Only if they are wearing arcane armor, how else would you survive attacks from magic users???

And don't forget the mana pots/charms so that you can spam your skills.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And don't forget the mana pots/charms so that you can spam your skills.
    b:chuckle

I guess a veno using a all-class pet to attack may also work, after all, those all class pets start at level 1, and we all know pets are better when they start at a low level. For that build you would want all your points into dex, so you can be as nimble as the pet. I would recommend an hamsta or a turtle.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.