Den of wolves

Elementian - Lost City
Elementian - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Im on the quest where I must kill 5 wolves in the den of wolves in order to prove my strength to continue the quest. But when I summon my pet, and attack, theres always two wolves that always gang up on us and take us out. But it doesnt make sense. Are they THAT powerful? There the same level as us and other beats that are didnt defeat us that fast. How do I defeat them without dieing everytime?
Post edited by Elementian - Lost City on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ah! The den of wolves is definitely something you should do in a squad. The wolves inside are elite, along with a certain type of wolf that roams around outside.

I remember before I got the den of wolves quest they give you one to kill the wolves out in front, and if you solo those you die a horrible death too b:victory
  • Soltarr - Sanctuary
    Soltarr - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually the wolves outside are the same as the wolves inside (at least the first ones you meet). Something to remember when you get that quest - inside you can attack when you're ready, no worries about KS'ing ... plus you get a nifty charm to boost your attack skill b:laugh

Anyway, you might want to check out this guide - honestly, I had played this game for months (and was of course well aware of elites/bosses), and never noticed the borders until I read this guide!
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
  • Elementian - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    But If i get into a squad/faction/whatever, wont it not count if they kill the wolves that i dont? Like if i kill 2 and they kill 3, it'll only count for 2?
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But If i get into a squad/faction/whatever, wont it not count if they kill the wolves that i dont? Like if i kill 2 and they kill 3, it'll only count for 2?

nope, you'll get credit for all the kills. squad members who kill quest mobs credit the kills to those with the quest

also, there's a way to "lure" the mobs inside the Den (or any other linked mob lol), so that you only have to deal with one at a time. there's a guide somewhere on the forum, cant remember it off the top of my head
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No it will count for 5, the mobs that are killed by ppl in your squad will count toward your squest kills.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Good catch with the borders!

b:avoid
    me used the fence to kill them.
    d(^.-d)

divide and conqueror~
    rawr~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elementian - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    well i dont have a squad. one of you guys wouldnt consider letting me join on of yours?b:cute
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You can finish that wolf quest when you do your fb19. You can easily get a squad for it once you get the call of duty tab. Most guy's want the exp and rep so it'll quick to get one if you just shout out for it in west arch. :D
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The basic advice of getting a squad is correct.

But you really need to learn how to lure a single monster. It's your main class skill!

A guide:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Venomancer_Luring