Damage difference

Options
Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
When I first started PWI, i choose wizard because we are gods end game. Many people said we become powerful after lvl 60. Others said 90+. Ive been playing PWI for a couple of months and im not seeming to get any more powerful. Archers still hit harder then me. When will the damage between wizards and other classes really become noticable, Especially archers. Btw, Im LA.
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    90+ wizzies shine.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Huge jump in power and survivability is decision lv.89 sage/demon. With this decision you get option to have much powerful skills. Just first 3 pyro,gush,rain have awesome boost in damage. And later another also. I just learn sage earth mastery and jump in damage is more than noticeable. Now I'm saving spirit to learn water mastery so there will be another jump in damage. Next, with lv. 90 you can have green TT90 arcane armor, which help a lot also.
    Your BIGGEST problem is, you are LA. So you suffering low damage. After lv. 89 switch to arcane and you will see huge numbers.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    k. =] i will. i was actually gonna switch to arcane as soon as gold went down.
  • Veroeen - Sanctuary
    Veroeen - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is it possible to buy reset scrolls without using Zen?

I made the decision of making a LA wizard because I didn't know that it would affect my dmg that much, and as wizard newbie I thought some more HP would be great for me. But now I regret my choice and everyone says "just reset your stats" but I don't have money to spend on this game.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is it possible to buy reset scrolls without using Zen?

I made the decision of making a LA wizard because I didn't know that it would affect my dmg that much, and as wizard newbie I thought some more HP would be great for me. But now I regret my choice and everyone says "just reset your stats" but I don't have money to spend on this game.

No, You have to buy it from game shop for zen, BUT you can buy zen(gold) in AH(auctioneer). This zen you can buy with game coins. 1 zen(gold) is now around ~400k coins. So first buy zen in auctioneer and then you can buy resets scroll from game shop press O in keyboard in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Btw, Im LA.

^ definately the problem! At 65 as pure AA I make archers look silly in terms of raw damage output. Not to say I do so well at PvP as yet, but PvE damage.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    u will see some diff at 80 + and at 90 + way more lol wiz powers as in their spells and the higher u get the more lvls u can lvl ur spells
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You are doing something wrong. Im LA and my damage output is absolutely insane! Get to lvl 80 and get a nice wep and reap the benefits of LA.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Veroeen - Sanctuary
    Veroeen - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No, You have to buy it from game shop for zen, BUT you can buy zen(gold) in AH(auctioneer). This zen you can buy with game coins. 1 zen(gold) is now around ~400k coins. So first buy zen in auctioneer and then you can buy resets scroll from game shop press O in keyboard in game.

Thanx for reply! :D
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Btw, Im LA.

Arcane > Hybrid (Arcane + 50 Vit) > Light Armor > Heavy Armor

(regarding damage output only)

After 90 (almost) everyone restat to pure Arcane, that's the point where wizard from weakling grows to overpowered class :>
    Packs World International
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Arcane > Hybrid (Arcane + 50 Vit) > Light Armor > Heavy Armor

(regarding damage output only)

After 90 (almost) everyone restat to pure Arcane, that's the point where wizard from weakling grows to overpowered class :>

I wouldn't say even almost everyone restats arcane.. there are alot of people that think LA is better for whatever reason.. and its a process where wizards get better (not one level changes the entire thing.. we get better at 79 with undine, better at 89 cuz of culti, better at 90 b/c of new HH gear, better at 92 cuz new skills, then 95 again with the new lunar gear.. and the list goes on). I really don't feel overpowered at all, but maybe that's because I'm not decked out in lunar gear.. and my gear is only refined +4..
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wouldn't say even almost everyone restats arcane.. there are alot of people that think LA is better for whatever reason.. and its a process where wizards get better (not one level changes the entire thing.. we get better at 79 with undine, better at 89 cuz of culti, better at 90 b/c of new HH gear, better at 92 cuz new skills, then 95 again with the new lunar gear.. and the list goes on). I really don't feel overpowered at all, but maybe that's because I'm not decked out in lunar gear.. and my gear is only refined +4..

True.
    BTW. I will not refine my green TT 90 more than +5 also. I'm waiting for new refining system and my final armor gold TT 99. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mages suck below 99.
    /thread
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mages suck below 99.
    /thread

Dirty lie is a dirty lie.

*re-opens thread* b:victory
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dirty lie is a dirty lie.

*re-opens thread* b:victory

Well depending on the mage he is right. Hell mages max out at 96 skill wise, their ultis are just terrible. Granted, @ 99 you get a new weapon or 95 depending and ya level 11 ulti is level 11 ulti.

Sages shine the best @ 99 with their ice dragon.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hyden_Brook - Heavens Tear
    Hyden_Brook - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When I first started PWI, i choose wizard because we are gods end game. Many people said we become powerful after lvl 60. Others said 90+. Ive been playing PWI for a couple of months and im not seeming to get any more powerful. Archers still hit harder then me. When will the damage between wizards and other classes really become noticable, Especially archers. Btw, Im LA.

I have played Veno, archer, and finally Wizard.

Damage wise, my wiz is able to match the dps of my LA veno at lvl 40s and above.

As for Archer, DPS wise, shot for shot without crits is also comparable. Btw, i can crit for 4.1 k currentlyb:laugh
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...a small little thing....
    Get your masteries up if u havn allreadyt. I neglected them for a long time.

They r not to costly to upgrade except the last few levels. so get them up to like lvl 7-8 for 14-16% more damage on all your spells. Not to costly and a huge damage diference.

I m lv 74 and got ashuras sign +3 , and getting masteries up if u havnt at this point is way cheaper than any other means to get dmg up.
  • ragingtideftw
    ragingtideftw Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @100, you could get Sinrabansho. -6%chan and +4%crit = \o/

What I'm aiming for, but I'm normally one that gets my hopes up prematurely. b:surrender
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a question.

Say I go with LA build until 9x's then switch to Arcane. Will it cost alot of money(in game) to restat

srry for being a noob b:sad
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a question.

Say I go with LA build until 9x's then switch to Arcane. Will it cost alot of money(in game) to restat

srry for being a noob b:sad

Small necro is small...but still necro.

Seeing as how you can farm your TT90 Gear without needing TT80, the only real cost is the reset scrolls, and that's not too bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...