What happened to the PvP?

IKnowRight - Harshlands
IKnowRight - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
What happened to the PvP in PWI? Lets face it, more and more players complain about getting killed. When i started in LC, SP was RQ territory. you would go in and u see tons of people inside afraid to go outb:chuckle It was fun like hell but unfortunelly this no longe applys. Since the GM's told people pking in SP is bannable due to griefing, every player thinks that "OMG, I'AM DOING A QUEST!! KILL ME AGAIN AND U BANNED!!" or ofc "I'AM ORACLING!! LEAVE ME ALONE OR U BAN FOR STALKING!!". Basically (this in Harshlands.. Lost city is not this bad) to everyone below 90 (in HL people come out of the closet at 95 with lunars or 90 and start camping west gate and hugging each other) the following places are pk-free:

SP
YKD
WQ VOL 1-30
West Gate (lol on 80's telling me iam stalking then at.. west gate!!)
Hidden Orchid and well every place with mobsb:shocked

It's sad.. It's dumb, it's a huge PVE freak show! I mean basically i got into decent fights while fighting for x grind spot or mob.. but now lol, all you need is GV, FC and oracles. There u go a fast way to the ranks with no pvp what so ever. Might aswell put pvp on/off in all servers :/

What do you think? Is decent PvP over? IS it so hard to get a challange nowadays?b:cry
Post edited by IKnowRight - Harshlands on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    get people to start PVP on night scream again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    xD Love this thread.
    Also to add, whatever happened to just going out there and fighting? Instead of testing your skills against someone in a duel. People who do that irritate me, unless they're doin it for fun, otherwise it pisses me off. =D
  • BlueSniper - Harshlands
    BlueSniper - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i agree but i dont think they should put pvp on/off on all servers bc some people talk trash and never take off pve even in pvp server they always stay in save zone but at least in pvp we could kill them if we see them out side safe zone
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Cave of Sadistic Glee ^.^

(DWP sucks at PK more though, Yeah it's PvE, but still...)
    hai2u
  • IKnowRight - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    i agree but i dont think they should put pvp on/off on all servers bc some people talk trash and never take off pve even in pvp server they always stay in save zone but at least in pvp we could kill them if we see them out side safe zone

It's called sarcasm dude >.>
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    everyone talks trash, welcome to online gaming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lebowski - Lost City
    Lebowski - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you like PvP so much heres all you have to do. Everytime you see someone in one of the top 3 guilds on your server, attack them. Over time you will be known by all in those guilds and be on their KoS list. I'm sure your get all the challenging PvP you can handle.

Seriously all you people who post like this sound like complete idiots. If you want PK, its out there. And if you just want to PK people minding there own business, your a jerk, plain and simple. Sure it's only a game but being a jerk, is being a jerk, no matter where you do it. If you PK someone for no other reason than you can, your a jerk. If you know nothing about this random person and he has done nothing to you and you PK that person, i repeat, you are a jerk.

Hell pk them all. After time youll make enough enemies youll be the one complaining about griefing is my guess.
    edited December 2009
    If you like PvP so much heres all you have to do. Everytime you see someone in one of the top 3 guilds on your server, attack them. Over time you will be known by all in those guilds and be on their KoS list. I'm sure your get all the challenging PvP you can handle.

Seriously all you people who post like this sound like complete idiots. If you want PK, its out there. And if you just want to PK people minding there own business, your a jerk, plain and simple. Sure it's only a game but being a jerk, is being a jerk, no matter where you do it. If you PK someone for no other reason than you can, your a jerk. If you know nothing about this random person and he has done nothing to you and you PK that person, i repeat, you are a jerk.
    Hell pk them all. After time youll make enough enemies youll be the one complaining about griefing is my guess.

The 2 main guild in HL barelly pk. And gz on carebear attitude.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Do you realize why PVE servers are more occupied then PVP servers?

1. they can lvl in peace.

2. there is not some wanker on every corner trying to pk them when they tp somewhere.

3. they hate LOSING gear.

4. most PVPers are spiteful and hateful kids who enjoy harassing other players.

5. PvP is boring when you get ganged up upon by some higher lvls that think "oooh, i killed someone, i"m awesome". And those same kids think it means anything when confronted with REAL life.

6. PvP doesn't mean anything. It just means you spend lots of time in a pixellated game trying to be better then someone else who also plays the same game. In the end, no one will remember you. 1 month after quitting my previous game (massive PvP) i couldn't even remember the game NAME itself. And that after over 5 years of playing it.

I had to think more then 10 seconds to remember it. and even then i had it wrong.

So wake up and think. PvP means you like killing others. You know what ? Do like i did, join the army. At least then you get paid for it.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

That's what PvP as all about, pking at random a good portion of the time. in PvE I squadded up randomly with one of the BEST on the server. I was shocked they accepted my invite, let alone helped me with, at their level, petty and trivial quests (such as a bh29 at one point) but thet's how you make friends, try things, get PKd talk to the PKer, congratulate them if it was a good fight. Tomorrow in TW my faction is taking on the BEST on the server, yet I took the time to congratulate them (that I ran into) on their wins today, I have no doubts I may make a few friends after TW is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    6. PvP doesn't mean anything. It just means you spend lots of time in a pixellated game trying to be better then someone else who also plays the same game.

You know what ? Do like i did, join the army. At least then you get paid for it.

Why should i join PvE then? Show mobs my gear?

AND OMG GRATZ on combining pk in a game to a real war.. >.>
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think this could be a great discussion, let's just try to keep the flaming to a minimum b:victory
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I think this could be a great discussion, let's just try to keep the flaming to a minimum b:victory
    can't bring zaiu to it then, lol fire-based wiz :P

flame is what makes these threads fun though lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Do you realize why PVE servers are more occupied then PVP servers?

1. they can lvl in peace.

2. there is not some wanker on every corner trying to pk them when they tp somewhere.

3. they hate LOSING gear.

4. most PVPers are spiteful and hateful kids who enjoy harassing other players.

5. PvP is boring when you get ganged up upon by some higher lvls that think "oooh, i killed someone, i"m awesome". And those same kids think it means anything when confronted with REAL life.

6. PvP doesn't mean anything. It just means you spend lots of time in a pixellated game trying to be better then someone else who also plays the same game. In the end, no one will remember you. 1 month after quitting my previous game (massive PvP) i couldn't even remember the game NAME itself. And that after over 5 years of playing it.

I had to think more then 10 seconds to remember it. and even then i had it wrong.

So wake up and think. PvP means you like killing others. You know what ? Do like i did, join the army. At least then you get paid for it.

agreed and very true. pvp is for ppl that enjoys killing others and showing off mainly for E penor. pve is well... pve. they enjoy it because its peace full and like u said not full of jerks ganging up on them and camping a quest site or a griding spot so they can lvl up in peace.

also like another person said pvp is out there, i dont see how it can ever go away unless u ran out of lvl 30s to camp and spam kill? if thats the case then how about killing some 9xs or 10x? imo its more beneficial to kill them because u get more E-fame and become more popular rather then killing random 3x/4x ppl. but most ppl are scared ****less to kill someone there own lvl or slightly higher because they can actually fight back and kill u backb:shocked

i love pvp in all games and will definatly become a heavy pvper in this game, but ppl are just jerks/idiots when it comes to pvp. most *******s seem to think if ur a PvPer u are on top of any and all PvErs. they seem to think a PvPer is better then a PvEer for w/e stupid reason. if u want to kill someone then go out and do it. if u want to QQ over someone elses QQing then hey do that to. but dont act as if u are better then someone on a online game just because u choose to PvP and they do not. that is just stupid. and if u hate the fact that someone QQs when u PK them then perhaps u should find someone else to PK who can actually fight back? i find that more thrilling anyway cuz its all the more rewarding once u can kill them.

so like i said, if u want to PK then PK ppl. stop being scared to PK someone ur own lvl and just do it. u wont get anywhere randomly PKing noobs anyway because u KNOW they will complain. thats why most ppl go to PvE servers anyway.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you want PK, it is somewhere out there. Rather than sit here and QQ about it, why don't you get on the game (on your main, to boot, not some level 1 alt) and go find it?

The BMs who complain that Assassins will replace them will be replaced. Because they aren't being productive and making themselves wanted.

You, PKer, who complain that PK isn't what it used to be, won't find the PK you're looking for because you aren't being productive in finding it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    iunno, i just want the weekly pvp arena event that they never implemented, it's a lot of fun...

what i look forward to is public quests, i'm sure pvp will start up there until the gm's start banning for it because the cash shoppers complain.
    edited December 2009
    Please teach to look for Pk. West gate is empty or the people in there are just dueling. Lowbie zones are not a challange. Zhen spots are empty cause nowone zhens anymore. WQ spots have a few afk people but bah.. no challange and when they come back u will get pms "Reported". I have a choice actually. Duel people or kill lowbies.. none of then suits me sorry..
    Like i said people only come out at 90+. Most of then fail cause they never had practice aka no fun! Fighting for a spot doesnt exist anymore QQ When i crash oracles first hing i hear is "get in line"b:cry
    edited December 2009
    iunno, i just want the weekly pvp arena event that they never implemented, it's a lot of fun...

what i look forward to is public quests, i'm sure pvp will start up there until the gm's start banning for it because the cash shoppers complain.

Sounds doableb:surrender
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    eh, crash oricles all day, they deserve it imo. 1 or 2, fine, max I got from drops was 5, but they aremn't requirements as quests or anything.

and orchid temple in dw is popular for pvp players, could try there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    eh, crash oricles all day, they deserve it imo. 1 or 2, fine, max I got from drops was 5, but they aremn't requirements as quests or anything.

and orchid temple in dw is popular for pvp players, could try there

Only blue names and early 30's meh.. Even LC is slacking downb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Only blue names and early 30's meh.. Even LC is slacking downb:cryb:cryb:cry
    get in touch with powerful factions? maybe they'll give you an idea of where to go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lebowski - Lost City
    Lebowski - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The 2 main guild in HL barelly pk. And gz on carebear attitude.

So, you trying to tell me if you PK kingdom and kylin all day, they will recoil in fear of you and retreat to the safe zone and you will get no PK action. Seriously, you and other who post such things just sound silly.

Plz try to PK all kingdom, kylin, ethics and karma members and then get back to us. Rough estimate that has to be at least 300 hundred active players level 70 plus doing their World Quest almost every day. Pick a different quest stop every day and PK everyone till they run you off. There are at least 5 NPCs related to world quest outside of safe zone.

Hell, get in or start a guild with like minded PvP members and control a quest point NPC and charge players 50k to finish their world quest. Do that in different spot for a few weeks and see what happens. You wont actually do this cause you just want to spout of in forums not actually be involved in challenging PvP.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Like i said, PvP is for those that like it. But even then it's only for high (90+) lvl's because below that no one dreams of doing it....

PvP on a PvE based game is rediculous. You only get high lvl people doing it.

I play PvE. And the only time i went into pvp zone i got spanked by an archer that i didn't even see...so what's the fun in that ?

At that moment i definately decided :

1. i will NEVER duel. (unless for building chi)

2. i will NEVER pk.

3. i'd rather drop dead right now (in real life), then EVER giving someone the satisfaction of killing a 'lowbie'. Cause that's what we in the end all are : cannonfodder for the 99+ brainless morons that think they are fantastic in a freakin GAME.

This reasoning comes from one point. As an army man i've seen too many pointless deaths to even cosider going "at it" in a game that's supposed to relax me. War isn't fair. People aren't Fair. So why should a game be fair ?

So the answer to the question : 'What's happened to pvp ?" is simple :

It will die out. the more high lvl's you get, the more competition. and those that can't handle "death" in a game will pass on everything else. The worst thing that can happen to a game is adding pvp to a pve server. It happened to my former game and it died.

Can't pvp ? play single player. or play tetris, or whatever against a machine.
    99.97% die in combat. Games are the same, they favor the fonrtunate.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lols me think thats just sad....none of you guys see PvP for what it is....
    here be me reasons for prefering PvP to PvE
    PvP = when you has some "wanker" annoying you.....the answer be simple....you blacklist (in both servers) But~~~you has teh option to use superior skill (hopefully me had some game where teh mechanics were wack) and kill the guy then forget him......
    what happens in PvE if someone annoys you...you has teh option to.....whine.... b:surrender which be available in PvP servers as well.

Also PvP = better overall game play as less hacking in the form of botting be possible. (Me happen to hunt down botters. Got at least 3 gone. (it was 4 different characters but 2 me suspect were the same person)

all you guys assume is....some foolish wanker goes around everyday who happens to have 20+ levels on you killing you from behind trees and stuff......
    sure it happens occasionally but...not really lol....and if you have half a brain you can avoid 90% of all PK and those that really do prevent you from playing the game....send a ticket and some screenshots....b:surrender

and sheesh~ me wuved PvP when me was a level 30 wizard LOLS
    secret passage rocked.
    (>.<)'
    me sure you don't have the option of meeting a roomfull of 90+ red named people, most of who be friendly, at level 30 in a PvE server.
    xD
    ....except SP is now empty.....booooo
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's all about the PK @ Sea of Isolation, Intrepid and 1kb:thanks
  • Rebutia - Harshlands
    Rebutia - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What happened to the PvP in PWI?

All you need is another 29 levels and you can participate in all the PvP your heart desires.

And I imagine some of that PvP might even be challenging for you?
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Those people should just join a PvE server if all they are going to do is complain about being PKed b:scorn (Excuse me to PvE players >.<)

I mean, why even join a PvP server in the first place then? The point is survival, not QQing about getting killed. Besides, its fun being PKed since you get to meet new people and everything. Plus you get the experience from it and learn from the mistakes.

Personally, I think the true meaning of PvP is over, especially during the period of time in September when all the main PK players quit. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's all about the PK @ Sea of Isolation, Intrepid and 1kb:thanks

Evil intrepid. Lagged during one of the wars and fell onto the harpy wraith....
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Those people should just join a PvE server if all they are going to do is complain about being PKed b:scorn (Excuse me to PvE players >.<)

I mean, why even join a PvP server in the first place then? The point is survival, not QQing about getting killed. Besides, its fun being PKed since you get to meet new people and everything. Plus you get the experience from it and learn from the mistakes.

Personally, I think the true meaning of PvP is over, especially during the period of time in September when all the main PK players quit. b:surrender
    explain how u can learn from your mistakes if you are outgeared and outmatched. The problem with pvp servers is that they are pointless. You get a bunch of ppl who like to kill other players and they all go to the same server. They all race to lvl 90 + and then what.. they compete for number of kills in their down time. Easiest way to do that is to run around killing ppl 10-30 lvls lower than you. Much easier to kill 5 lvl 60's then it is 5 characters lvl 95 +. PVP cost money so why risk fighting someone ur own lvl if u dont have to . Not everyone thinks that way but lots probably do .PVP in this game is measured buy number of kills and not skill. It would be great if the arena was active and there was pvp gear/rewards/titles. Then atleast you can claim to be the most skilled pvp'er not the one with the most kills. High lvls would be busy getting these acheivements and maybe low levels would have the break they whine about.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kanel321 wrote: »
    explain how u can learn from your mistakes if you are outgeared and outmatched. The problem with pvp servers is that they are pointless. You get a bunch of ppl who like to kill other players and they all go to the same server. They all race to lvl 90 + and then what.. they compete for number of kills in their down time. Easiest way to do that is to run around killing ppl 10-30 lvls lower than you. Much easier to kill 5 lvl 60's then it is 5 characters lvl 95 +. PVP cost money so why risk fighting someone ur own lvl if u dont have to . Not everyone thinks that way but lots probably do .PVP in this game is measured buy number of kills and not skill. It would be great if the arena was active and there was pvp gear/rewards/titles. Then atleast you can claim to be the most skilled pvp'er not the one with the most kills. High lvls would be busy getting these acheivements and maybe low levels would have the break they whine about.

Ummm, I really can't explain? Its just one of those things where you have to be patient with. Besides, I get PKed more than some level 30s these days. I have so many haters PKing me these days b:sad Its nice to get the occasional PK but when they PK you and afterwords yell, swear, and say awful things at you, thats when its bad. b:sweat

I wish the arena was back up though :) Always wanted to try it out.
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh