Wizards and Rebirth

Foltern - Sanctuary
Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Wizard
Hi Wizards ^^,

Where to start..I have been writing a Rebirth Beta guide for some time now. First I would like to point out and state up front I am not the most knowledgeable or experienced player when it comes to knowing or understanding Wizard skills or responsibilities. This information was written from scratch based from my Archer perspective only some of the information can be plain wrong. :<

That is why I would like helpful, positive feedback and general Wizard community approval on what I have written about your class responsibilities, required and helpful skills to max, general rebirth tips and required or helpful genie skills. I am not very familiar with them which is why the Genie skills, other recommendations and the skills list is very limited.

Gear is not something I am including in the guide right now. That discussion I hope remains closed.

Please add anything intelligent or anything you feel is helpful or correct information I have written that may be wrong.

Please refrain from referencing RB level specific situations outside of Beta. For example: "You need 3k hp unbuffed for Gamma, you should shard with HP". That is irrelevant here. This information pertains to Gamma and gear is not being discussed.

Another example: You need ( Insert xxx ) to kill ( Insert boss or mob name ), unless it is beta specific please stick to general information which can be applied to beta and above, like skills, genie advice or strategic information..

Your help improving this information is greatly appreciated. Thank you to all polite and helpful responses in advance.

Wizards

- Your main responsibility is surviving at all costs and too also too keep Dragon's Breath up at all times. You should also cancel Dragon’s Breath for Fire mob waves and use Hailstorm with Black Ice Dragon Strike to inflict more damage to those mobs.

- Your secondary responsibility is to assist in farming Celebeans. It may also help to give squad members Frostblade to add water damage to their attack during boss fights.

- Never go AFK or take your eyes off the screen. Your job is not done because your AOE is working for the moment. It is never acceptable to go AFK or to stop paying attention when mobs are close or when your party is not aware you are gone.

- It is a good idea to bring Golden Jade powders ( Instantly gain one Spark ) when switching from Dragon’s Breath to Hailstorm and Black Ice Dragon Strike. Hailstorm does not require chi however Black Ice Dragon Strike does. Later in the Rebirth instance, the Chi Aura is activated and chi is not really a problem because it fills without any action on your part. You must survive to that point first. Until then, Dragon’s Breath can fail from mob hits or it can be stopped by Gods Eye and if it does you will not have any Chi to get it working again and it is likely your squad members will die. You cannot slack off or take it easy; it demands your full attention.

Wizard skills that must be maxed at the level you attempt Beta:

Dragon's Breath: Deals AOE fire damage consuming mana every 3 seconds.

- Level 9 is the max at level 69
- Level 8 is the max at level 64
- Level 7 is the max at level 59

Fire Mastery: Increases fire damage. This also increases the damage dealt by Dragon's Breath.

Essential Sutra: Use your vigor to recover 10% of your maximum Mana, and make spells afterward require no channeling for 6 seconds.. Used to recover some MP and reduce channeling to cast faster while dealing damage to bosses.

- Level 1 is the max at level 59

Black Ice Dragon Strike: An AOE water damage skill for usage on fire mobs instead of Dragon’s Breath.

- Level 4 is the max at level 68
- Level 3 is the max at level 65
- Level 2 is the max at level 62
- Level 1 is the max at level 59

Hailstorm: An AOE water damage skill for usage on fire mobs instead of Dragon’s Breath.

- Level 10 is the max at level 61
- Level 9 is the max at level 56

Not required but helpful skills to have maxed:

- Pyrogram: Deals fire damage equal to 100 percent of weapon damage plus base magic damage plus a specified amount based on skill level. For usage on bosses.

- Level 10 is the max at level 45

- Gush: Inflicts water damage equal to base magic attack plus 100 percent of weapon damage an additional base amount, has a percentage to slow enemies speed for a specified length of time. This is commonly used to assist with bosses.

- Level 10 is the max at level 48

- Frostblade: Adds a certain percentage of water attack to normal attacks for 15 minutes. It can be used to buff squad members before or during boss kills.

- Level 8 is the max at level 67
- Level 7 is the max at level 63
- Level 6 is the max at level 59

Wellspring Quaff: Increases your maximum mana for a specified time period. Higher levels give you more maximum MP for longer periods.

Useful Genie Skills:

- Tree of Protection ( Affinity: Wood 3 - Water 4 ): At level 10 Increases max HP by 30% for 5 seconds. Restores 20% of your max HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

-Helpful emergency healing skill in case pots or Multiflavor Jiaozi are in cool down and increases your survivability in general. It should be used a second or two before you actually need healing, the healing effect is not instant.

- Second Wind ( Affinity: Wood 1 - Earth 1 - Water 1 ): Can serve as a replacement for Tree Of Protection. At level 10, instantly heals you, for 810 HP, every Genie Strength point increases the healing by 2%.

- Cauterize: ( Affinity Water 1 ) At level 10 as a 60% chance to remove Bleed effects from yourself. This skill can be considered for use. There are waves of mobs that cause bleeding this will increase your chances of surviving those waves of mobs.

Other Recommendations

- It is highly recommended to wear an HP charm to help keep you alive and cut back on HP Jiaozi spam.

- It is not equired that you wear an MP charm. The MP aura should fill your MP faster than Dragon's Breath can use it, only requiring you to use some MP potions or Yuanxiao during the first waves in the first stage.

- Bring about 50 Multiflavor Jiaozi ( HP ) and 10-15 Yuanxiao ( MP ) to fill HP or MP.
It is a good idea to bring Golden Jade powders ( Instantly gain one Spark ) when switching from Dragon’s Breath to Hailstorm and Black Ice Dragon Strike.

- It has been suggested to consider bringing a few Dew of God protection potions ( Absorbs At Most 3000 Damage For The Next 30 Seconds. ) That is 100% optional. It may help you survivie at boss fights or another situation.
Post edited by Foltern - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ♠Your job is nothing close to that of the clerics', you deal damage while they keep you alive.

♠Having an MP charm for rebirth is stupid: S-T-U-P-I-D. Mana & chi are (or at least should) always be your first two auras so bringing enough mana potions for ~10-15minutes of zhen is all it takes.

♠The whole thing about going afk & keeping my eyes on the screen is useless imho... unless you're giving a speech to mentally-handicapped juveniles?

♠I wasn't aware that there were mobs that disrupt mages' zhen... are these new?

Don't get me wrong, bringing chi pots is nice but you'll only really get a chance to use one before the chi aura gets up: 1st round's fire wave mages should drop DB & use BIDS (which, for the sake of rebirth should most definitely be leveled up), hailstorm (and y'all thought this one was useless lol... does same damage as gush but aoe), will of phoenix (tell your BM first lol), and then (if any mobs are alive) use that chi pot & drop a mountain seize or another BIDS... then go farm beans to get your auras.

Good luck with your guide. b:victoryb:bye
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    ♠Your job is nothing close to that of the clerics', you deal damage while they keep you alive.

The relation I made was keeping your AOE skill working. I will change the wording.
    ♠Having an MP charm for rebirth is stupid: S-T-U-P-I-D. Mana & chi are (or at least should) always be your first two auras so bringing enough mana potions for ~10-15minutes of zhen is all it takes.

This applies if you are in a rainbow squad and you have beans for the Aura? Also in the Beta squads I was in, the auras were activated in the following order: Mana, Health, Defense, I don't know if Mana 1 is enough to cover the MP used by DB. If I understand what you are saying a Wizard doesn't need a charm? Maybe a few Yuanxiao instead?

♠The whole thing about going afk & keeping my eyes on the screen is useless imho... unless you're giving a speech to mentally-handicapped juveniles?

No. But I feel it's important to stress. I think there are more Wizards who might try and read up on Beta rather than Alpha.I feel it's important to let these entry level players know, it is not okay to think they can use their AOE and walk away and check back in a few moments.

I believe there are mobs in Beta that interrupt in stage 3, I've also seen Wizards complain that some random occurrence involving Gods Eye that caused it. I wasn't behind the keyboard, I can't validate the claim Gods Eye caused the problem. I can validate the AOE skill ceased to operate for no apparent reason, then people died.

Don't get me wrong, bringing chi pots is nice but you'll only really get a chance to use one before the chi aura gets up: 1st round's fire wave mages should drop DB & use BIDS (which, for the sake of rebirth should most definitely be leveled up), hailstorm (and y'all thought this one was useless lol... does same damage as gush but aoe), will of phoenix (tell your BM first lol), and then (if any mobs are alive) use that chi pot & drop a mountain seize or another BIDS... then go farm beans to get your auras.

Sorry BIDS? If I understand you correctly, its a good idea for the Wizard to use hailstorm, will of phoenix and mountain seize on bosses before farming Celebeans?

I appreciate your feedback, if you can please answer my questions and set the record straight. Again, I am an Archer. I don't know or understand Wizard skills or how Auras effect them during play, I'm trying to understand that.

Regards.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I went to my first Gamma's with a MP charm.
    Then I realised is useless.
    20-30 chi pots will get a mage through the first 2 waves. Just have wellspring maxed for the biggest possible mana pool, and there u go, u're just fine.
    Mana wise, mages in RB are the cheapest possible. lvl 1 aura is enough for a DB lvl 10 with a few MP pots from time to time, here and there, prolly 1/wave.

and on Bosses wasting 2 sparks on BIDS or Hailstorm is useless. U waste 2 sparks for nothing. Better use that in sutra if u want more dps or double spark to regen mana.

A wizard that doesn't keep the bosses in RB undined at all times should be hanged in public square. It doesn't help others, but it helps him do more dmg. Spark+ undine+poison - and your damage will double no doubt. Spam that undine, spam guh/pyro for fast DPS. Forget ultis and other fancy stuff unless you have soooo much time u're just trying to get a high crit to brag with.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Good luck with your guide. b:victoryb:bye

pretty much 100% correct u should edit ur guide according to this info
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I went to my first Gamma's with a MP charm.
    Then I realised is useless.
    20-30 chi pots will get a mage through the first 2 waves. Just have wellspring maxed for the biggest possible mana pool, and there u go, u're just fine.
    Mana wise, mages in RB are the cheapest possible. lvl 1 aura is enough for a DB lvl 10 with a few MP pots from time to time, here and there, prolly 1/wave.

Thank you very much. I have corrected this and changed some wording surrounding that. I will credit you in the final guide.
    on Bosses wasting 2 sparks on BIDS or Hailstorm is useless. U waste 2 sparks for nothing. Better use that in sutra if u want more dps or double spark to regen mana.

A wizard that doesn't keep the bosses in RB undined at all times should be hanged in public square. It doesn't help others, but it helps him do more dmg. Spark+ undine+poison - and your damage will double no doubt. Spam that undine, spam guh/pyro for fast DPS. Forget ultis and other fancy stuff unless you have soooo much time u're just trying to get a high crit to brag with.

Thanks for all of this. Unfortunately I cant add Undine Strike. this skill is not available until 79. The Beta level range is 56-70. :<

I will add Essential Sutra and Gush and Pyro, I don't know what poison is v.v. Should I also add BIDS? Please proofread what I change and help correct it if I make a mistake.

Thank you so much, Regards
    edited December 2009
    poison is extream poison i belive and ya add BIDS to ur guide its the best thing to do on fire waves since DB hit thos mobs for like 300s and bid hit for like 4k
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    poison is extream poison i belive and ya add BIDS to ur guide its the best thing to do on fire waves since DB hit thos mobs for like 300s and bid hit for like 4k

In Beta, I have been to stage 3 wave 2. At no point did the Wizard have a chance to stop using Dragon's Breath to attack mobs. I can see it is an AOE skill however it cannot be used like Dragon's Breath it doesn't seem. When should it be used? At bosses?

Regards.
    edited December 2009
    In Beta, I have been to stage 3 wave 2. At no point did the Wizard have a chance to stop using Dragon's Breath to attack mobs. I can see it is an AOE skill however it cannot be used like Dragon's Breath it doesn't seem. When should it be used? At bosses?

Regards.

its like that . there is lots of waves and the last one is always fire. at that wave our DB do really weak but i mean really weak dmg so we can drop it to cast a BID its not like if we drop the db archer/cleric or whoever will get all the aggro cuz with 300s a hit we dont hold much aggro. but if we cast a BID we hit about 4ks or more and thats like 12 hits a db would do just in 1 hit also if a bm use HF thats way more dmg and once we droped the BID we can use DB again cuz BID = 2 sparks > DB 1 spark - at thos lvls we can get 2.99 spark drop ur db drop a bid cast 1 skill for the 1 spark and keep DB up again b:victory now i really gotta go ill be back in faw hrs xD
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BIDS= Black Ice Dragon Strike, wiz water ulti.
    Because DB deals fire dmg, it's not the best thing to use against the fire wave. Just drop DB then and fire of a BIDS to cause carnage (archer keeps his barrage up, so the zhen continues). Than just use hailstorm or something. and than you could just go back into DB if you want (as with full chi, BIDS=2sparks, 99chi left. after hailstorm you're back above 1spark for DB)
    Never use wiz ulti's against bosses. With sutra or double spark (preferably sutra), you're DPS is waaaaay better for those sparks used

Ursa, aren't you confusing chi pots with mp pots? 20 chi pots seems abit much for 1 stage (specially if every chi pot has a 2min coodown, and if you are doing it good a stage doesn't take 40 mins b:chuckle )

For the mana part, I has a RB the other day where we failed the bonus beans because my quest log aperently was full (yeayea, terrible fail), so we started the first stage without mp aura. In the asumption of a perfect squad, thus mp aura from the start, I had no extra pots or such, only my normal supply of mp pots, which consisted of some 25 lvl 70 pots. I used 7 b:laugh

Once lvl 1 mp aura is up, my mp never even goes below 90% (which is 1k off). Mp aura 2 is purly for the archer, who burns alot more with his barrage.

Regarding genie skils, take an anti bleed skil. Higher stage mobs use alot of bleed, and it stacks high fast even if the barb has almost all the aggro. (well, that's gamma, not sure about beta but I'd gues it's the same)
    Never seen my DB canceld BTW, specially not by the god's eye
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    its like that . there is lots of waves and the last one is always fire. at that wave our DB do really weak but i mean really weak dmg so we can drop it to cast a BID its not like if we drop the db archer/cleric or whoever will get all the aggro cuz with 300s a hit we dont hold much aggro. but if we cast a BID we hit about 4ks or more and thats like 12 hits a db would do just in 1 hit also if a bm use HF thats way more dmg and once we droped the BID we can use DB again cuz BID = 2 sparks > DB 1 spark - at thos lvls we can get 2.99 spark drop ur db drop a bid cast 1 skill for the 1 spark and keep DB up again b:victory now i really gotta go ill be back in faw hrs xD

Hmm. Okay, While that sounds logical I have concerns about Chi. I haven't personally seen or heard of a Wizard doing that. Is that why Ursa said "20-30 chi pots will get a mage through the first 2 waves"? I hesitate to add that for Beta because I've never seen it done before or heard of it. If others agree I'll add it.

Regards.
    edited December 2009
    Like I said, I think ursa is confusing chi pots with mp pots. 20 chi pots is really alot, ad that to the cooldown of 2mins per apoth pots, something doesn't add up hereb:thanks
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    BIDS= Black Ice Dragon Strike, wiz water ulti.
    Because DB deals fire dmg, it's not the best thing to use against the fire wave. Just drop DB then and fire of a BIDS to cause carnage (archer keeps his barrage up, so the zhen continues). Than just use hailstorm or something. and than you could just go back into DB if you want (as with full chi, BIDS=2sparks, 99chi left. after hailstorm you're back above 1spark for DB)
    Never use wiz ulti's against bosses. With sutra or double spark (preferably sutra), you're DPS is waaaaay better for those sparks used

Ursa, aren't you confusing chi pots with mp pots? 20 chi pots seems abit much for 1 stage (specially if every chi pot has a 2min coodown, and if you are doing it good a stage doesn't take 40 mins b:chuckle )

Once lvl 1 mp aura is up, my mp never even goes below 90% (which is 1k off). Mp aura 2 is purly for the archer, who burns alot more with his barrage.

Regarding genie skils, take an anti bleed skil. Higher stage mobs use alot of bleed, and it stacks high fast even if the barb has almost all the aggro. (well, that's gamma, not sure about beta but I'd gues it's the same)

Never seen my DB canceld BTW, specially not by the god's eye

0o0o0 Thank you so much ^__^. When I posted my response it appeared on page 2, I never saw your page one comments :3.

Okay I read it all and found it to be very valuable. I will add Hailstorm and Black Ice Dragon Strike. I will correct the part about getting the AOE canceled and replace it with using chi potion for for alternating DB with Hailstorn and BIDS and credit you all for arriving at this conclusion.

Regards
    edited December 2009
    About the chi pots, I never have any probs with chi, cause I just bash the gods eye during waves, or have chi aura. Either way I have full chi at the start of each new wave. Not sure about this at a non perfect squad though, as they don't have the eye for the first stage.

Also, woot, I'm credited for somethingb:victory

EDIT: don't forget about an anti bleed genie skil (cautharize or w/e it's called to remove, blood cloth to be imume to new bleed). As you have low phys def (reletivly, with stone shield and def aura it can get pritty damn high), bleed hurts even more, I've had it tick my charm and almost kill me while charm was on cool down, if it wasn't for second wind.
    On that note, a few instand pots (purple ones), or mantou, is never wrong to bring along
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I also think using ultimates for mob waves is not practical. Perhaps if your squad gets max chi aura but for anything else I'd rather stick with Dragon's Breath.

I'm not sure the genie skill Expel can be used for Beta. Expel gives total immunity for a few seconds but it stuns. Fortunately it won't interrupt Dragon's Breath. It buys you enough time for charm to tick.

I'm not sure Beta has mobs with bleeding effect. Having the genie Cauterize is a must to get rid of that effect because it stacks easily and hurts a lot.

What is often discussed here is about Dragon's Breath level. Most Wizards agree lvl10 Dragon's Breath + lvl10 Fire Mastery draws too much aggro and doing so makes charm tick a lot more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    About the chi pots, I never have any probs with chi, cause I just bash the gods eye during waves, or have chi aura. Either way I have full chi at the start of each new wave. Not sure about this at a non perfect squad though, as they don't have the eye for the first stage.

Also, woot, I'm credited for somethingb:victory

EDIT: don't forget about an anti bleed genie skil (cautharize or w/e it's called to remove, blood cloth to be imume to new bleed). As you have low phys def (reletivly, with stone shield and def aura it can get pritty damn high), bleed hurts even more, I've had it tick my charm and almost kill me while charm was on cool down, if it wasn't for second wind.
    On that note, a few instand pots (purple ones), or mantou, is never wrong to bring along

Thank you for your input. It is in the final guide at this time. And yes you will be credited specifically for what you contributed ^^

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I also think using ultimates for mob waves is not practical. Perhaps if your squad gets max chi aura but for anything else I'd rather stick with Dragon's Breath.

I'm not sure the genie skill Expel can be used for Beta. Expel gives total immunity for a few seconds but it stuns. Fortunately it won't interrupt Dragon's Breath. It buys you enough time for charm to tick.

I'm not sure Beta has mobs with bleeding effect. Having the genie Cauterize is a must to get rid of that effect because it stacks easily and hurts a lot.

What is often discussed here is about Dragon's Breath level. Most Wizards agree lvl10 Dragon's Breath + lvl10 Fire Mastery draws too much aggro and doing so makes charm tick a lot more.

^^. if more Wizzards agree Expel is used or valuable I'll make sure too add it to the genie skills.

I have only made it to stage 3 wave 2. Those mobs seem to explode. :<. I haven't seen any bleed mobs yet although I tend to agree they are probably there. I added an anti- bleed genie skill, but I will specifically note cauterize.

About Dragons Breath. At the end of the day,this information should relate all Rebirth but specifically Beta. I'm not sure if a wizard will have problems in Beta the same as in Gamma on this. I will have to ask around or do more research? :(.

Regards.
    edited December 2009
    1 final thing, hailstorm is an AoE that doesn't require spark.
    Also, the mp pots are really only needed if you don't use perfect squad (so don't start with mp aura)
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    1 final thing, hailstorm is an AoE that doesn't require spark.
    Also, the mp pots are really only needed if you don't use perfect squad (so don't start with mp aura)

Excellent thank you :) It has been edited in the relevant area.

Regards
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009

^this
    DX
    me just upgraded me DB to level 10 from 9......me has basically cut off all RB gamma runs with below 80 barbs.....b:surrender
    well me can do it but...me has to play like a cracked out blade master controlling me aggro by deequipping and equipping me weapon. b:sad
    other ways to control aggro = drop DB distance shrink, hailstorm, Pheonix (usually buys enough time for the barb to regain aggro)....if not....run in circles around the cleric.
    xD

also Cauterize is a must....the bleed effects hurt....alot...but me never tried beta so don't know if mobs bleed in there.
    b:shocked

and um...side note on role of a wizzy.....if the barb screws up....the wizzy 99% of the time be the first to suffer.
    xD

o...and me found event HP pots to be really helpful during RB gamma....only wish we could use apot potions during DB.

Edit: hey hey...where be will of phoenix on your guide thingy?????
    O.o'
    me use it all the time to knock mobs into our aoe range.
    if there be a significant amount of mobs out of range...
    Cancle DB, shrink behind mobs, Phoenix, reset DB.
    b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erkey - Lost City
    Erkey - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^this
    DX
    me just upgraded me DB to level 10 from 9......me has basically cut off all RB gamma runs with below 80 barbs.....b:surrender
    well me can do it but...me has to play like a cracked out blade master controlling me aggro by deequipping and equipping me weapon. b:sad
    other ways to control aggro = drop DB distance shrink, hailstorm, Pheonix (usually buys enough time for the barb to regain aggro)....if not....run in circles around the cleric.
    xD

also Cauterize is a must....the bleed effects hurt....alot...but me never tried beta so don't know if mobs bleed in there.
    b:shocked

and um...side note on role of a wizzy.....if the barb screws up....the wizzy 99% of the time be the first to suffer.
    xD

o...and me found event HP pots to be really helpful during RB gamma....only wish we could use apot potions during DB.

Edit: hey hey...where be will of phoenix on your guide thingy?????
    O.o'
    me use it all the time to knock mobs into our aoe range.
    if there be a significant amount of mobs out of range...
    Cancle DB, shrink behind mobs, Phoenix, reset DB.
    b:victory

+1

Also, lvl up your Frostblade and buff your squad right before the wave starts. The lack of damage you do to fire mobs with DB should be compensated somewhat with the extra water attack from your squad.

Makes your afk time just that much longer!
    edited December 2009
    Don't forget blood cloth, grants imunity to bleed (I have had a couple of times I didn't heal my bleed cause of the chance, hate that)

About will of the phoenix, it's an AoE knockback (fire dmg)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    +1

Also, lvl up your Frostblade and buff your squad right before the wave starts. The lack of damage you do to fire mobs with DB should be compensated somewhat with the extra water attack from your squad.

Makes your afk time just that much longer!

frostblade only works on normal shots.......
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited December 2009
    Don't forget blood cloth, grants imunity to bleed (I have had a couple of times I didn't heal my bleed cause of the chance, hate that)

About will of the phoenix, it's an AoE knockback (fire dmg)

umm....me thought blood clot doesn't....remove the bleed....
    so...if you get hit by bleed before you turn it on...you still get hurt.
    b:surrender

me actually prefer cauterize... just wait 3 seconds or so while the bleed is stacking...then trigger....if it works yay~~~ if not....pop a event hp pot a few seconds later. (and keep your paw on the trigger sequence for instant heals such as elixers and stuff)
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    frostblade only works on normal shots.......

And to finish the obvius:

Noone uses normal attacks in RB, as only AoE attacks have any real effect on the crowd
    edited December 2009
    And to finish the obvius:

Noone uses normal attacks in RB, as only AoE attacks have any real effect on the crowd

well....sometimes a few mobs manage to stay out of the aoe range in which case we have to quickly snipe down the mobs. archers use normal attacks, BMs and barbs wack stuff during their skill cooldown.

(o.O)'
    so you don't really have to max frostblade but it still helps a little.
    d(^.-d)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    umm....me thought blood clot doesn't....remove the bleed....
    so...if you get hit by bleed before you turn it on...you still get hurt.
    b:surrender

me actually prefer cauterize... just wait 3 seconds or so while the bleed is stacking...then trigger....if it works yay~~~ if not....pop a event hp pot a few seconds later.
    xD

Hmm, fail wording here.
    I meant the blood cloth was nice, because cautorise (never can remember who it's spelled) doesn't always works.
    I think I'm going to get both (already have cautorise, but I'm not completly happy about the 50% chance)

EDIT: sorry for the double post, but I have bad exp with coppy pasting here, and only realised that when I had already wrote this post
    edited December 2009
    well....sometimes a few mobs manage to stay out of the aoe range in which case we have to quickly snipe down the mobs. archers use normal attacks, BMs and barbs wack stuff during their skill cooldown.

(o.O)'
    d(^.-d)

Usually a pro barb just uses slam than to push them in place. Or during the boss, when an anoying bleed mob who didn't want to die is stacking the cleric, obviusly I wack him than yes (with sutra b:victory)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009

(o.O)'
    d(^.-d)
    read below
    Usually a pro barb just uses slam than to push them in place. Or during the boss, when an anoying bleed mob who didn't want to die is stacking the cleric, obviusly I wack him than yes (with sutra b:victory)

this and BMs should have the knockback poleblade skill at least...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    If more Wizards agree Frostblade is really that valuable in RB. I will add it as an optional skill. But for now , I will leave it out.

Regards
    edited December 2009
    Still.....just cast your darn level 1 frostblade.....
    seriously with the chi aura up, the chi regained back from casting it and stuff...
    just cast it during the downtime between waves.
    you really don't have anything to lose.

and having them buffed before a boss helps. since you don't really want to spend time rebuffing the archer, bm, and barb while the boss is there.
    b:sweat
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]