Axe/Hammer BM: Which Weapon?

Options
PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear
PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Blademaster
So I'm level 39 now, and a third of the way to level 40. I'm still using my level 20 "Perfect Officer's Dualhammers" (I put in a Blemished Amber Shard that I got for 600 coins), but I have a feeling that I'm outgrowing the weapon. Should I try crafting a new/better one? (I have the requisite blacksmith skill and the mats for crafting two.)

I heard that the Level 45 Supply Stash hammers are really good, but that requires a "Perfect Iron Hammer". How much do those go for; I'm guessing 1.5 mil? Is it worth it?

And if I do craft, should I go with Dual Axes, Dual Hammers, Poleaxes, or Polehammers? (Not too interested in PvP, I'm more for PvE.)

My native (as in, without weapon attribute) stats: 107 STR, 49 VIT, 49 DEX, 5 MAG. Planning to put future points into STR until I meet the weapon level requirement, then 3 STR and 2 DEX per level.

And speaking of getting lots of coins (for if I do need the Perfect Iron Hammer), where should I go grind? So far I've generally been leveling by just running around doing quests. Would it be possible to get the 1.5m coins by the time I reach 45? (I've been NPC'ing almost all my DQ stuff so far, but I've been keeping the mats and herbs I get. I rarely buy anything except shards for Crazy Stone and potions, and I fly everywhere already.)

And speaking of grinding, how do I know which mobs deal physical damage, and which deal magical damage?
Post edited by PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So I'm level 39 now, and a third of the way to level 40. I'm still using my level 20 "Perfect Officer's Dualhammers" (I put in a Blemished Amber Shard that I got for 600 coins), but I have a feeling that I'm outgrowing the weapon. Should I try crafting a new/better one? (I have the requisite blacksmith skill and the mats for crafting two.)

craft the lvl40 hammer and just use shards from mob drops

I heard that the Level 45 Supply Stash hammers are really good, but that requires a "Perfect Iron Hammer". How much do those go for; I'm guessing 1.5 mil? Is it worth it?

supply weapon is in the lvl50 stash and its woth it. you will be making the money back from next supplies

And if I do craft, should I go with Dual Axes, Dual Hammers, Poleaxes, or Polehammers? (Not too interested in PvP, I'm more for PvE.)

doesnt matter. i prefer the ones that have a small interval between max. dmg and min. dmg

My native (as in, without weapon attribute) stats: 107 STR, 49 VIT, 49 DEX, 5 MAG. Planning to put future points into STR until I meet the weapon level requirement, then 3 STR and 2 DEX per level.

And speaking of getting lots of coins (for if I do need the Perfect Iron Hammer), where should I go grind? So far I've generally been leveling by just running around doing quests. Would it be possible to get the 1.5m coins by the time I reach 45? (I've been NPC'ing almost all my DQ stuff so far, but I've been keeping the mats and herbs I get. I rarely buy anything except shards for Crazy Stone and potions, and I fly everywhere already.)

you will have enough money if you dont start wastig your cash on random things. continue with your quests and grind on the water mobs (cant remember nameb:surrender) when you are done,

And speaking of grinding, how do I know which mobs deal physical damage, and which deal magical damage?
    whack them a few times and find out.

answer is in red
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    perfect iron hammer = cash shop item.

if you do cash shopping, go ahead. otherwise, get decent 3 star weapons until you reach 60, when you'll get your first TT weapon. if you wish to acquire the perfect iron hammer through coins, look elsewhere... it's too expensive and you'll be 60 within 2 weeks.

all 4 weapons you mentioned are quite similar, but I assume you only use skills so slower weapons tend to be better for skills for dealing more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Bladespelll - Heavens Tear
    Bladespelll - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well if your going to tank, Axes and Hammers are very good. As for the supply Stash hammers what the others said was right, unless you use cash shop use something like 3 star normal. I got lucky and got Xeno's Hammer so if you can get it you should.

Posted by RezzErection

you will have enough money if you dont start wastig your cash on random things. continue with your quests and grind on the water mobs (cant remember name) when you are done,

the lvl he is has The Shattered Jade shore things.
    With His Armor(Ephesians 6:13), I go into battle.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Scan the AH for good deals on a 3* axe/hammer or one with good bonuses.

Supply stash is at level 50 and is NOT worth it. The following stash items won't even cover the cost of the hammer (2m+ worth in gold)

Poleaxes/Dual Hammers/Dual Axes/Pole Hammers are all pretty much the same, what matters most is the attack power and weapon bonuses.

Again, you won't need 1.5m by 45 (actually 50).

The best way to go is buy a Gale Dual Hammer at 52 (around 800k-1m) use this until level 60, resell for 800k-1m. Then buy or farm TT for a pair of Skeleton axes. Resell at 70 and move on to using Calamity Axes or TT Axes of your preference.
  • PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is skill damage calculated from a weapon's max damage, min damage, or average thereof?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So I made the level 37 dual axes. Most useless attribute ever. (MAG+1? Seriously?) I saw a Xeno's Sledgehammer mold in West Archy for 500k; is it worth it? The mats aren't too much of a problem.
  • Bladespelll - Heavens Tear
    Bladespelll - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's your choice.

I borrowed some money from a friend to get the mold for Plate of Phantom, and am still using it. I would say that if you have the spare money go for it. But make sure you are up to date on the spells you need first.
    With His Armor(Ephesians 6:13), I go into battle.
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    a good thing to get is handaxes of demonic roar
  • Lucilde - Dreamweaver
    Lucilde - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yes... Handaxes of demonic roar refined to say +3 can actually last you till level 60 if you aren't overly picky.

Current gold prices are too high to make perfect hammers worth it... IMO you should skip over them. Levels 50-60 go quick anyway; just wait for your TT weapon.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well if your going to tank, Axes and Hammers are very good. As for the supply Stash hammers what the others said was right, unless you use cash shop use something like 3 star normal. I got lucky and got Xeno's Hammer so if you can get it you should.

the lvl he is has The Shattered Jade shore things.

^ wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

barbs have agro skills bm's dont

axes are by far the WORST tankin weapon

>.<
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    just use like people have said 3*s or if u do wanna spend the money use the supply stash til 60. at 60 use the tt60 axes, then 70 use calamity axes as well as 70 axes. 80 use 80 axes, 90 GX'S b:chuckle my route. rather sexy id say. GL ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ^ wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

barbs have agro skills bm's dont

axes are by far the WORST tankin weapon

>.<

i 2nd this ROFL. axes r the slowest weapon, which meens well lol ul lose aggro fast. bm tank should use fists or swords but lol why should a bm have to tank? weve got barbs for that dirty work :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I almost forgot about this thread :D

So I made my level 37 dual axes again a few days ago...and managed to get a 3-star with +20 physical attack and +85 HP. Not bad I guess. Thanks to doing a few BH and the daily Crazy Stone, I'm now level 46. I guess I'll stick with these axes that I have until level 52, and meanwhile save up for a Gale Dual Hammer mold/weapon? I see a couple weps in the HT AH going for 1-2m. How much would the mold go for?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    about 75% of the "clean" weapon cost

look for one cheap with +'s and shards if you have the coin cheaper than DIYing weapons

as someone who loves to make his own gears i'll still check AH first for cheap already refined sharded stuff
    Gifs are hard to make work here