Strenght cap for a axe/fist master

SuperBurduk - Heavens Tear
SuperBurduk - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Blademaster
hello i'm lvl 79 only axe and i wanna go fist...the only problem that is killing me is the stats.Here we go....my stats are as following: 90vit, 235 str, 60 dex and 25 mag....well i'm gonna reset vit to 40 and magic to 5 and gonna put them in dex...and the final stats should be 40 vit,235 str, 120dex and 5 magic
should i cap my strenght? btw i wanna get the gold TT90 axe
Post edited by SuperBurduk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You just answered your own question, if you want to use TT90 gold axes then you need to cap your str at 272. Keep in mind you can't use axes and fists your level without going 3 str 2 dex per level, so you shouldn't add any vit until 90+ when you HAVE 272 str. So your stats should look something like 5 vit 5 mag 240 str 160 dex.

Does having no vit suck? Yes, yes it does but that's the price you have to pay for going Axe/Fist. Trust me once you have your TT90 set it's WAY worth it.
  • SuperBurduk - Heavens Tear
    SuperBurduk - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ok...cool but there are not certain gears that give u strenght?
  • Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear
    Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes, there are, but you can't rely on them to get you equipment.

Also, if you have the requisite strength, but switching gears makes you lose that Requisite strength, you'll lose the ability to use your weapon/armor. You'll still wear it, but you won't gain any of the values (a weapon won't give you more attack, armor won't give you defense, etc).
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A tome would be your best bet for using equipment to compensate for str. For example, if you had a +5 str tome, you'd only need to cap str at 267. Sky Demons Pearl adds 8 str, which might be another option since it has no requisite stat.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As an axe user, the only stat you really need to worry about is having minimum STR for your axes. Add vit as you level until you're comfortable with HP and do the same with dex. when you get your HH90 armor, you can restat your vit points to dex or str as you see fit. The higher you can afford/shard your armor, the lower you can bring your vit down. If you ever plan on AOE grinding you'll really want vit unless you don't mind dying a lot or burning through charms.

As for capping your strength, you do realize that each pt of str you add gives you 20 additional points of damage, and when you're lvl 90+ you'll have 250-300+ attribute points you can place in vit/dex/str above your minimum requirements.

I'm seriously considering restatting some of my vit to str instead of dex, cause the extra damage of adding 20-40 pts into strength would probably be more beneficial than raising dex much past 200.
    You just answered your own question, if you want to use TT90 gold axes then you need to cap your str at 272. Keep in mind you can't use axes and fists your level without going 3 str 2 dex per level, so you shouldn't add any vit until 90+ when you HAVE 272 str. So your stats should look something like 5 vit 5 mag 240 str 160 dex.

Does having no vit suck? Yes, yes it does but that's the price you have to pay for going Axe/Fist. Trust me once you have your TT90 set it's WAY worth it.

lolwut? That's just crazy. PvP one-shot much? lol A barb or even LA mage will pwn you so easy it's ridiculous.

So, with 5 vit, you have what, about 4.5-5k unbuffed HP?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As an axe user, the only stat you really need to worry about is having minimum STR for your axes. Add vit as you level until you're comfortable with HP and do the same with dex. when you get your HH90 armor, you can restat your vit points to dex or str as you see fit. The higher you can afford/shard your armor, the lower you can bring your vit down. If you ever plan on AOE grinding you'll really want vit unless you don't mind dying a lot or burning through charms.

As for capping your strength, you do realize that each pt of str you add gives you 20 additional points of damage, and when you're lvl 90+ you'll have 250-300+ attribute points you can place in vit/dex/str above your minimum requirements.

I'm seriously considering restatting some of my vit to str instead of dex, cause the extra damage of adding 20-40 pts into strength would probably be more beneficial than raising dex much past 200.

lolwut? That's just crazy. PvP one-shot much? lol A barb or even LA mage will pwn you so easy it's ridiculous.

So, with 5 vit, you have what, about 4.5-5k unbuffed HP?

6.6k unbuffed with 30 vit :o at 91
    Though, i'm not done sharding or refining yet so It will be a little higher. Maybe around 7k when I am done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    6.6k unbuffed with 30 vit :o at 91
    Though, i'm not done sharding or refining yet so It will be a little higher. Maybe around 7k when I am done.

That's not bad at all. I currently have 140 vit and 7.4k unbuffed, and that's with refined event helm D: I'm going to restat enough to dex to use a Unicorn, but even with +7 GX, don't comfortably do enough damage for PvP that I might throw some more of that vit into str and get my max patk over 8k. Hmm...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    6.2K with base VIT at 30... you beat me there Knir b:cry

Need to do more refining and socketing tho b:surrender (stupid socket stones)
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    5 vit, 6k hp, not done sharding. And no I don't get 1 shot much, unless its something like a triple sparked Tempest, and those hit me for over 8k anyway so vit wouldn't help too much. Although there was that time KriticalHitz somehow crit me for 6.6k -_-
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    just my 2 cents:

HP isn't exactly the end-all-be-all. sure you can tank attacks here and there, but lack of defenses in certain areas will make your hp just a big number (GENERALLY SPEAKING).

i mean, i've seen a few barbs with 15-18k hp who get 1 shot by mages. they usually wonder why they get 1 shot when they have **** for m-def (m-def ornaments help, but not enough to make a huge difference).

there's only 1 spear WR i've spoken to that has 5.7k hp unbuffed, no vit, every socket in every piece of armour sharded to hell and back with G8 (immac) sapphire shards in full hh90 green, all refined to +6, and has over 5k p-def and over 10k m-def with demon magic marrow (better m-def than hh90 arcane armour and better p-def than hh90 green light armour). from what he says, he has once tanked 3 mages and a veno with a nix at 1 time with an hp charm and survived long enough to kill all 3 mages without being 1 shot (no where close from what hes told me) before dying due to being bled to death.

so there you have it. a good defense is always a good offense.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la