Do you have a herc?

DeadxScream - Sanctuary
DeadxScream - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
impossible for me right now
All right, look if you absolutely have to tell her the truth, at least wait until the timing's right. And that's what deathbeds are for. b:surrender
Post edited by DeadxScream - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver
    LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just save up money, Grind, Merchant Everything. Even with the Prices right now I am 1/4 of my way to a nix by doing what I've said.
  • Malkaviana - Dreamweaver
    Malkaviana - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I am bit broke for that. Maybe later, now just trying to enjoy Shadou Cub
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    its totally worth it tho.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Herc? With current gold prices? I'm level 43 and have about 2.5 mil saved up for one. Seeing as how they go for 80-100 mil, I should have enough coin saved up by the year 2031.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Herc? With current gold prices? I'm level 43 and have about 2.5 mil saved up for one. Seeing as how they go for 80-100 mil, I should have enough coin saved up by the year 2031.

One problem is that you're saving. That may be good if you're not good at investing or buying and selling. When I was collecting SoF and PF, I'd sell them for a bit more than I paid and yet continue buying them for less than I was selling. At your level, I'd suggest not worrying about building them up much because you'll be able to make coin faster at higher levels and you can make more by utilizing all the capital you have. Your equips can also an investment as long as they're not the kind that bind. Beware of all the ways they can change in value though.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Shantilia - Sanctuary
    Shantilia - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I got my herc and nix in August when it was ~22mil for each of them.

Now with the current prices I feel really lucky that I got them earlier. b:cute
    Shantilia (Veno) Lvl 101 (Main)-Sanctuary
    Sheynea (Sin) Lvl 100 (2. Main :P)-Sanctuary
  • Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear
    Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    One problem is that you're saving. That may be good if you're not good at investing or buying and selling. When I was collecting SoF and PF, I'd sell them for a bit more than I paid and yet continue buying them for less than I was selling. At your level, I'd suggest not worrying about building them up much because you'll be able to make coin faster at higher levels and you can make more by utilizing all the capital you have. Your equips can also an investment as long as they're not the kind that bind. Beware of all the ways they can change in value though.

X2

Simply saving coin right now will take you forever to accumulate the amount needed to get a herc.
    I managed to get my herc with gold prices sitting up at 500K +/-. I managed this mostly by watching for good deals on items and reselling. This takes some patience and lots of attention to the market, but there are always great deals out there that you can easily make coin on. I would be wary of items that change value frequently, though, since they are usually a greater gamble.
    The primary source of my investment funds came from TT runs and just good old grinding.
  • Alessa - Dreamweaver
    Alessa - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes,but bought half with real cash and half with coins.
    Totally worth it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yup, got the herc in mid october. But I was buying SoFs from friend, so I got some discount.

Just saving won't help you earn the herc at the moment. Saving 20mil is possible, but 80-100mil? Doubt. You need to the market for your own good too. Wait when events/sales start and stock some items which could be easly sold later. For example, I know a friend who stocked oracles from Jolly Jones events and from 16mil she made 90mil or something like that. HP/MP food is good for reselling too. Sale on dyes, socket stones, D.Orbs? Buy while price is low and later resell.

Little extra note, herc is just a little extra, not necessity at all. I still think that barbs and clerics gain more from herc than I do.
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lmao yeah i think my SOF's worked out to be 110mil in the end >>;;
  • Wilhemenia - Sanctuary
    Wilhemenia - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Meh, i do agree hercs are useful at TT, tanking bosses, but not spending 80-100mil to get a herc... just a thing VENOS can DO perfectly GAMMA without herc that's, some ppl think they are to much perfect to do gamma without a herc what sillyness :P
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I obtained both my herc and nix from a combo of buy low sell high plus real cash. Mostly.... real cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    don't have one yet, but going to make money in as much ways possible to get one b:victory

good thing I haven some nice friends who buy me some SoF in return for helping them out when they're out of money for pots, or need new armour or mats b:thanksb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Have a Herc. Finally decided, after having my Air pets die over and over again that I'm tired of the stupidity there, so I'm going to save up for a Nix. Honestly, air pets confuse me. It's either no attack, and nice defense, so I'm always pulling aggro, or all attack, and no defense, so the pet dies if something sneezes at it... *sigh*
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Have a Herc. Finally decided, after having my Air pets die over and over again that I'm tired of the stupidity there, so I'm going to save up for a Nix. Honestly, air pets confuse me. It's either no attack, and nice defense, so I'm always pulling aggro, or all attack, and no defense, so the pet dies if something sneezes at it... *sigh*

so true...i just got a nix and i love it...also have a herc
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    I could probably get both if I sell some stuff. Not like it's really needed though.

Probably should've bought when gold was still 50k each, damn limited time cs stuff. b:lipcurl
    edited December 2009
    volst wrote: »
    Probably should've bought when gold was still 50k each, damn limited time cs stuff. b:lipcurl

Whoa, 50k each?! Now that would be a "Perfect World". b:chuckle
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    For gold to be at 50k each, everyones income would be considerably less than now. 50k then, whatever gold is now... about the same time to get that much coin either way.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes.I waited for battle pet sales and bought them then in the long run it will be worth the investment.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Got it couple days ago. Started to farm tt for herc like month ago
    most help was from double drop events, made 50m from farming tt then and also guildies helped with selling me uber cheap gold(50-100k XD )
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh wow what?! Herc/Nix is 80-100mil now? b:shocked

I was hoping the gold price would drop after I take my 1 month break b:surrender

Guess I should not complain much for buying my herc and nix for 25mil eachb:surrender
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i don't realy like herc its sux ****...a little bear is much better..<.<*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No herc for me. Don't really enjoy farming TT/instances, and the thing is too damn ugly for me to be willing to spend that much money or effort on. But, I just got mai nix... <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Yes but it can out perform the bear in TT and you make not lie it but it get into sqds.
    edited December 2009
    Since the Battle Packs are on sale, I bought a bunch with in-game coins that I saved up and now have 6k+ SoF's. Now fully there, but closer than where I was at. Nix will have to come MUCH later. I figure I get a Herc, do some solo TT runs, and get money that way for the Nix. Plus, I see Venos using the Nix mainly as a PVP pet, and I don't PVP at all. I know damn well a fully cashshop buffed-out player would kill me regardless of what pet or gear I have.
  • Gogg_Lady - Heavens Tear
    Gogg_Lady - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    got a shaodu cub and a puppy.
    i don't want to have to tank everything anyway b:laugh
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh wow what?! Herc/Nix is 80-100mil now? b:shocked

I was hoping the gold price would drop after I take my 1 month break b:surrender

Guess I should not complain much for buying my herc and nix for 25mil eachb:surrender
    Heh, my herc was around 25m, and nix, which I got later, was around 50-55m. Since most people use the cash shop anyways to get em, it really isn't going to make a difference since the cost of a herc and nix still adequately represents $125-$200. If you want it and want it now, you pay for it.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I got my herc and nix in August when it was ~22mil for each of them.

Now with the current prices I feel really lucky that I got them earlier. b:cute

This. I got mine about 2 weeks before they added anni packs b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well... lol
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    have a herc, love it to death. o and it has helped me make a bit of cash too.

i got my herc in better times tho. It was less than 30mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]