A Beloved Christmas Event

Options
Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Part 1. COMPLETED!

This part of the event will take place in and around the Timberfield area near Etherblade. Something for the PKers out there. 5 Staff members will be in PK mode and be released from town. These members will do nothing but run around the area and do everything they can to escape and survive. They will quite literally be hunting targets. They will not attack. They will all be killed 1 time. Whoever deals the final blow, meaning it will say “you have been killed by ‘whoever’”, will receive 500k Coins and a Platinum HP Charm A screenshot will be provided by the staff member on a designated forum thread showing the killer’s name, this is to absolutely dispute all arguments over who dealt the killing blow.

These are the names you will be looking for people! Hunt us down and teach us a lesson!

Hisuna
DeafForest
Thelas_Carr
Vinny_D
Eunie_D

Rules and Regulations for A Beloved Christmas Event Part 1:

1. There are few rules that can be enforced on this part of the event. It is a PK event and therefor there will probably be rampant PKing. There is nothing that can be done about this, so if you are in PK mode and you would like to participate in this event, then be prepared to be killed and ganked by other players competing for the kill.

I would like to discourage the random PK as much as possible during this event, and have players focus on only the staff members being hunted, but as I stated, it is impossible to enforce this rule.

2. Do not argue or cause drama and complain about who got the final strike. The winner will be announced by the staff member when they are killed, and a screenshot with the victor's name will be provided on the forums as proof of the kill leaving no room for disputes. The rule for winning is not who dealt the most damage or who debuffed allowing the kill to happen or anything like that. It is meant to be fun and the winner is whoever deals the killing blow, regardless of all other circumstances.

Part 2. COMPLETED
Part 2. a.

5 Staff members will be hidden in City of the Plume and the area around it used to get players from level 1 to 20. Each staff member will be given a set of items. Participating players must locate these staff members in order to receive a prize. You may only win once per staff member, up to 5 times if you find them all. There is a 1 hour time limit on this event. Prizes are first come first serve. The prizes being given away are as follows:

75 Guardian Scrolls - 1 per player.

75 1* Dragon Orbs - 1 per player.

150 Ultimate Substances - 2 per player.

150 Oracle III - 2 per player.

225 Teleacoustics - 3 per player.

The Players you will be seeking out for this part of the event are as follows!:

Vinny_D
Hisuna
DeafForest
Thelas_Carr
Grass

Part 2. b.

But wait, that's not all. All participating players actually have an option for part 2 of this event. You can find each staff member, take your basic prize, and be done.....OR....you can choose to give up your basic prize, and take a guess at a number between 1 and 1000 to win the staff member's grand prize. Each staff member has their own grand prize, and they are all different. You will not know which staff member has which prize. The numbers will be drawn by a random number generator, and whoever gets it correct (or closest to it) will win the grand prize. The grand prizes are as follows:

A mount of the player's choice. - This mount must be in the cash shop, it cannot be an event mount. The pot for this grand prize is 45 gold, should you choose a mount that costs 20 gold or lower, the mount will be spurred and/or double spurred for you up to the full value of the 45 gold.

An aerogear of the player's choice. - This aerogear must be in the cash shop. It cannot be event aerogear. The pot for this prize is 40 gold. It works the same way as the example above.

A super safe and super inventory expansion stone set. - Both stones will go to the same player.

10 million coins pure. - self-explanatory.

A dragon orb pack. - D.Orbs 1 through 5 and the rainbow egg.

The winners of the grand prizes will be announced at 5 P.M. EST Sunday.

Rules and Regulations for A Beloved Christmas Event Part 2:

1. You may only receive one prize from each of the 5 staff members hidden throughout the area. (5 prizes total if you find them all.)

2. a. You may only choose to receive the instant smaller prize OR take a guess for the staff members grand prize. You may NOT go for both prizes from a single staff member!

b. You MAY mix and match. Meaning if you find staff member A, and choose to receive a 1 star dragon orb (small instant prize), and then you find staff member B...you can take a guess at staff member B's grand prize rather than accepting a guardian scroll. You have this option at each staff member, it is not set at your intial choice from the first staff member you encounter.

c. You may go for all instant prizes or take a shot at all grand prizes. Just remember, you will not know which staff member has which grand prize.

3. Do NOT spam staff members!!! This is a very important rule. Depending on how things go, there could be a massive amount of players at a single staff member. Sorting through these players and getting them their prize or taking down their grand prize guess will take time. Things will be much faster and much smoother if players are not standing there spamming in regular chat or whisper:

I NO GET PRIZE YET WHERE PRIZE

or anything of that nature. Because we cannot force people not to spam that way, anyone who does so will be immediately blacklisted without warning and will not be allowed to participate any further. This person will be reported to all other staff members and be blacklisted by them as well. We anticipate this to be a rather big issue, so don't say we didn't warn you.

What we suggest:

Upon finding the staff member, state in a single chat in the normal chat channel, not whisper, FOUND YOU ____(whoever)___! You will receive a squad invitation from the staff member and then be asked if you want the regular prize or if you want a shot at the grand prize. After receiving your item or giving your number guess the party will be disbanded and you can move on to finding the next staff member. More than one person may be invited to the squad at the same time depending on how many people are waiting.

4. Do NOT spam trade requests or squad invites! This should be pretty self explanatory, but if you want to try and ruin the event for everyone by causing problems then please just don't even show up for it. A staff member will send YOU a squad invitation and a trade request. Do not send one to them because if everyone did that they would never be able to sort through them all and it would only slow things down even further. Once again, anyone who is doing this will be immediately blacklisted without warning.

5. This event will have a 1 hour time limit! Basic prizes will be first come first serve and when they are gone....they're gone. Grand prize guessing will simply continue until the event time limit expires.

6. The number guessing will be between 1 and 1000. If you choose a number that has already been chosen, you will be asked to choose again. The person who is closest to (or gets exactly) the number received from the random number generator, will win the grand prize. If any two people are equally close, IE: the number was 165 and player A guessed 164 while player B guessed 166, then those two players will both choose a new number between 1 and 100 and a new random number will be generated to determine the winner.

Part 2 Guesses!:

Hisuna's Grand Prize: Dragon Orb Pack!

Guesses:
Wilhemenia - 371
HoVulpes - 753
Hidoro - 821
SolitaryLove - 32
Anglin - 666
Rads_Cleric - 701
Ms_Leah - 111
Schift - 547
Silvatar - 851
Assassinlluc - 512
Breves - 250
Velohart - 9
oOCKYOo - 406
Aquilez - 205
Zaelmith - 600
Lunnark - 19
EclipseLuna - 555
llind - 347
FoxWand - 107
DNac - 759
Djemelly - 151
mammary - 789
nagawavern - 902
Clericiel - 624
Anz - 911
Clearic - 300
Sgt_Komander - 859
Womansley - 720
xlayy - 425 WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AudioCrunch - 23

Grass's Grand Prize: Super Safe and Super inventory Expansion Stones!
Guesses:
xXChillXx - 131
Schift - 136
DNac - 159
oOCKYOo - 176
Zaelmith - 200
llind - 257
EclipseLuna - 333
Talimera - 334
Anqlin - 345
Ms_Leah - 367
Zhora - 381
Silvatar - 424
Glycine - 450
one_of_wood - 476
schneuz - 5
Lisue - 500
Assassinlluc - 512
Wilhemenia - 542
Draagnon - 569
Sgt_Komander - 59
Queztcoal - 599
Rads_Cleric - 601
Hidoro - 67
vibrant - 691 WINNER!!!!!!!!!
Djemelly - 715
Womansley - 720
BloodStonz - 729
xlayy - 780
WhiteAshes - 792
EdgeWing - 835
Vixxe - 849
Reane - 87
Lunnark - 967
Lu_Tian - 983

Vinny_D's Grand Prize: 10 Million Coins!
Guesses:
Schneuz - 6
FoxWand - 22
Velohart - 90
EclipseLuna - 111
Rupia - 118
Djmelly - 215
Anglin - 231
KingofDoom - 237
Silvatar - 244
Hidoro - 367
BloodStonz - 372
Bearish - 400
Rads_Cleric - 401
Mammary - 456
Glycine - 500
Draagnon - 511
Assassinlluc - 512
Clericial - 539
Nagawaven - 557
Sgt_Komander - 659
Ms_Leah - 676
one_of_wood - 745
xXChillXx - 775
oOCKYOo - 792
CattiiBri - 834 WINNER!!!!!!!!!
Wilhemenia - 862
HoVulpes - 900
Vibrant - 951
Talimera - 999

DeafForest's Grand Prize: Land mount of choice! (45 gold max)
Guesses:
Ms_Leah

Willhemenia ---- 238
HoVulpes ---- 104
Cattibri ---- 333
Assassinlluc ---- 512
Bloodstonz ---- 613
KingofDoom ---- 9 WINNER!!!!!!!
oOCKYOo ---- 921
Djemelly ---- 15
Radscleric ---- 801
xlayy ---- 652
Mdiaz ---- 457
Breves ---- 750
Vibrant ---- 534
Aquilez ---- 95
Oneofwood ---- 237
Luisch ---- 51
EclipseLuna ---- 999
mammary ---- 289
Schift ---- 97
Zhora ---- 381
Bearish ---- 830
Hidoro ---- 319
Vixxie ---- 849
WhiteAshes ---- 24
Glycine ---- 355
Zaelmith ---- 900
nirjlce ---- 10
Mistyfield ---- 742
Solitarylove ---- 147

Thelas_Carr's Grand Prize: Max speed Aerogear of choice! (40 gold max)
Guesses:
EclipseLuna - 777
mammary - 123
oOCKYOo - 249
Glycine - 600
Aquilez - 599
Tailmera - 555
Hidoro - 581
nagawavern - 463
DNac - 559
Ms_Leah - 879
Duke_Atticus - 59 WINNER!!!!!!!!
Schift - 857
nirjlce - 897
Clearic - 300
Bearfish - 691
Rads_Cleric - 501
Anglin - 151
Djemelly - 777
Draagnon - 891
Sgt_Komander - 259
Lunnark - 346
Assassinlluc - 512
Clericiel - 289
xXChillXx - 943
Lisue - 767
vibrant - 342

Part 3. COMPLETED!

In part 3 there will be 3 staff members hiding in 3 different places around the map. Clues will be given as to the locations each 10 minutes the event continues. Each bracket will be responsible for not only finding the staff member, but also bringing the staff member a set of items. These items will all be inexpensive and will be announced at the start of this portion of the event. There will only be 3 winners for this part of the event, as in the first person to reach the staff member within each level bracket, keep that in mind! This event will be split into 3 level brackets as follows:

Level 1 - 30 Items needed! 1x Nectar, 1x Mystical Meat, 1x Pig Iron, 1x Large Healing

Potion, 1x Peachtree Sword

Level 31 - 70 Items needed! 1x Big Buck, 1x Dull Claw, 1x Peanut Oil, 1x Celestone Fragment, 1x Rough Lumber

Level 71+ Items needed! 1x Perfumedew Herb, 1x Element Light, 1x Pumpkinhead Pill, 1x

Glaze, 1x Azureworm silk

The prize for each level bracket will be a Platinum HP charm and a special new friend.

The players you will be looking for are as follows!:

Vinny_D
DeafForest
Allurnia

The items you will need will be announced when this part of the event begins.

Rules and Regulations for A Beloved Christmas Event Part 3:

1. The first person to reach the staff member and successfully open a trade window, having all required items, will win.

2. If you successfully send a trade request but it fails or errors out becuase you are too far away or any other reason, it will not count. The trade request must open successfully.

3. If the trade window opens properly, but then fails, it will be counted and you will be asked to trade again.

Part 4. COMPLETED!

The most simple of the interactive portion. This part of the event is designed like a question and answer game show. Each correct answer to a question will yield 200,000 coins pure. There will be 30 total questions, and they will all directly relate to the game in all its aspects. Some questions will be extremely easy, others will be extremely hard.

Rules and Regulations for A Beloved Christmas Event Part 4:

1. I will be hosting the trivia event on my own, and I will not deal with rudeness. Do not spam me with useless whispers at any point, you will be blacklisted.

2. Please do not spam your answer. I will not blacklist for this but you only need to say it once. The first person to answer will win, and no matter how many times you say it, it's not going to change who answered first.

3. Spelling counts! Watch out for typos, I am going to count for spelling in your answers! If I ask for the name of Haggist Geezlot's brother who cursed the Ladywraith, the answer would be Bloodraged Cadaver. If you answer Bloodrage Cavader, you will be counted as incorrect. Going back to rule 2, if you make a mistake and typo the answer, you can of course whisper it again correctly, and if you are first to answer correctly, you will still win.

4. Please do not argue with me about who answered first or what the correct answer is. I will be taking screenshots of the first person to answer.

Part 5. COMPLETED!

Part 5 is, very simply, a truly massive fireworks show. We expect it to last anywhere from 8-10 minutes. Have fun. :) This part of the event will take place at the approximate coordinates 334, 680; Pierced Heart Lake.

Rules and Regulations for A Beloved Christmas Event Part 5:

1. Please do not shoot off any of your own fireworks until the end of the show.

2. Please do not be rude or disrespectful to the event staff or fellow players during the show. It is meant to be a relaxing cooldown period where everyone can sit back and watch and enjoy the fireworks.

3. Have fun, laugh, talk, enjoy the show.

Miscellaneous rules and regulations for A Beloved Christmas Event:

1. There will be a break of 30 minutes in between each part, in which the staff will prepare for the next part.

2. We apologize to anyone who is unable to participate in the event due to work, time zones, or real life obligations. Unfortunately we cannot include everyone. Please do not harass staff or give them a hard time about this or anything else for that matter. This is entirely player sponsored and all prizes and money came directly from our pockets so that you could have a real event to participate in and have fun with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you have any questions, now is the time. I will answer them and potentially modify if necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    nice event...

my question, every1 that is not hosting can participate, right? b:chuckle
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hisuna and Beloved,
    Thank you, once again, for having such a fun and friendly approach to the game. The time, effort, and coin you have already put into this is impressive. I'm sure it will be a delightful event. Saturdays are always busy for me and I doubt I'll get to participate, so I wanted to thank you in advance for making the server a better place.

b:thanks
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    DeafForest - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I like the post Sassy, super informative and all that jazz. Can't wait for the event, will be fun.
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
    -Song of Solomon 4:7,9
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    nice event...

my question, every1 that is not hosting can participate, right? b:chuckle

Yes, anyone that is not involved as staff for the event may participate. b:victory

Thank you for the support. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FootStep - Sanctuary
    FootStep - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Where will the firework show be hosted?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Where will the firework show be hosted?

That's a very good question. I have the location in my head but I do not know what the coordinates are. I will post them in the main part under number 5 next time I log in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FootStep - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That's a very good question. I have the location in my head but I do not know what the coordinates are. I will post them in the main part under number 5 next time I log in.

Cool, I'm looking foreward to it.
    I think I'm going to work my way to Timberfeild just to watch event #1.

And just a thanks in general for putting on this event. I'm not going to have time to do much, but it's great for everyone else, and just enhances the mood of the server. :D
  • _Senpai_ - Sanctuary
    _Senpai_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    very impressive, wish it was on sunday when i dont work >.< but good luck to everyone else :D
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Cool, I'm looking foreward to it.
    I think I'm going to work my way to Timberfeild just to watch event #1.

And just a thanks in general for putting on this event. I'm not going to have time to do much, but it's great for everyone else, and just enhances the mood of the server. :D
    very impressive, wish it was on sunday when i dont work >.< but good luck to everyone else :D

Many people seem to have sunday off rather than saturday. Let me check with some people and see if maybe we can switch it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Coordinates for fireworks have been added.

Date has been changed to Sunday as it seems to be a much more accommodating date for most people.
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This sounds like it is going to be alot of fun!! I am looking forward to the event. b:pleased

The more I think about it, the more I am uber impressed you and your faction will go to such effort and obvious personal expense to put together something like this. The "parts" of the event sound fun and challenging and the prizes sound amazing! I don't expect to actually win any of em (heh, I just have that sorta luck) but I cant wait to give it a try.

1000 kudos to you guys for making our server a better place! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    One week left until this event, don't forget to spread the word if you want your faction and friends to participate! Direct them to this thread so that they can familiarize themselves with the rules. Happy Holidays everyone! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This thread is temporarily stickied under my own approval. it will remain stickied until the day after the contest is completed.

This event is entirely player run, while I will assist with the number drawing to prevent any doubts I cannot guarantee the result of the contest.b:victory

Good luck to all! See you on Sunday in this thread!
  • StarrX - Sanctuary
    StarrX - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How exciting, it's too bad I can't be here in person for the event. But I will certainly tell everyone I come across about it! And if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know! ^^

Good luck to all the participants!!!
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This thread is temporarily stickied under my own approval. it will remain stickied until the day after the contest is completed.

This event is entirely player run, while I will assist with the number drawing to prevent any doubts I cannot guarantee the result of the contest.b:victory

Good luck to all! See you on Sunday in this thread!

Spoons, Thank you for the assistance and the sticky! b:cute
    How exciting, it's too bad I can't be here in person for the event. But I will certainly tell everyone I come across about it! And if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know! ^^

Good luck to all the participants!!!

I'm sorry you can't participate, but thank you for helping to get the word out, it is greatly appreciated. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm coming to Sanctuary then..... This sounds fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm coming to Sanctuary then..... This sounds fun!

Lol switching servers to take part would be a first I think. Go for it if you want, the more the merrier. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sassy I am squishy all the pkers will murder me b:sad
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
  • Roansollis - Heavens Tear
    Roansollis - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Great Cant w8 Very nice Post !!
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I really hope I don't get home and have the issues a lot of people seem to be having. Like can't login, can't access servers, game crashing, graphics card crashing....I have an event to run! b:angry b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My computer seems to be doing just fine, no errors or anything like I was seeing all over the forums yesterday. Just 2 more days until the event folks, make sure that if you and your friends/factionmates want to participate that they are all aware of the rules and how things are going to go down. Good luck everyone. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    OP updated to include all the names of the people you should be looking for! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It saddens me that I won't be able to take part of the event :c [Laptop short circuited.]

But, I will like to take the time to thank Hisuna and Beloved for trying to bring forth a little more fun inside Sanctuary. Know that most of us PvE, non TWers, etc do in fact appreciate events like this. I hope no one will be a noob about the prizes.

You've always been trying to make the game a little better. I will encourage my guildies to participate in the event and have some fun. Happy holidays, and thank you and your own family for giving the time to bring us such a great event.

~Mal
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Woo event is tomorrow, sassy protect me from all the pkers b:surrender
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Thanks for putting this together Beloved, it is going to be a lot of fun. Even if I do not win anything, watching everyone take part will be entertainment enough b:laugh
  • FootStep - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    1/2 way though the event, and it's super fun! Can't say thanks enough.
  • vibranttrolley
    vibranttrolley Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is better than most of the events hosted by the GMs/Developers! No greed involved, just good clean fun and Christmas spirit!

Thanks to Beloved b:laugh
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Guesses from part 2 have been added b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Woot woot I won something : D
    With knowing what nasty mobs guard trioc xD
    (little Aziss is my archer alt :P )

Thanks for hosting such a great event Hisuna, youre really Beloved b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]