Hybrid?!

Captn - Heavens Tear
Captn - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
Well im a pole/fister atm at lvl 47 with 120 str and 104dex and 34 vit do i need to cap my vit at 40 to be a decent hybrid or leave it lower. and is hybrid a good way to go when lookin to do TW at higher lvls? b:surrender
Post edited by Captn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To be a successful BM, you must multi-weapons actually. So yes, at higher levels, "hybrid" is the way. IDk about starting at your lvl tho, since you'll be short on spirit already. Might be better to focus on one weapon path so the skills and mastery for that path can be somewhat up to date with your level, then work on other paths after you are high enough to have extra spirit points.
  • Captn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    yes i am going with poles till i can sustain enough spirit for fists later on plus poles r pretty nice at aoe and double bleed is so much fun on clothies b:chuckle
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well im a pole/fister atm at lvl 47 with 120 str and 104dex and 34 vit do i need to cap my vit at 40 to be a decent hybrid or leave it lower. and is hybrid a good way to go when lookin to do TW at higher lvls? b:surrender

re-roll an assassin dec. 16th b:bye
  • Captn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    y is that razad? b:sad
  • kamikaze101
    kamikaze101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    razad wrote: »
    re-roll an assassin dec. 16th b:bye

That was helpful X.x.......

Pole is fun ;p..I started to multipath at 60 >->
  • Captn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    That was helpful X.x.......

Pole is fun ;p..I started to multipath at 60 >->

lol exactly i probly will try a assassin though until then.. im stuck b:chuckle
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    y is that razad? b:sad

lol just messin, but seriously, if you want to "cap" your vit. i suggest capping it at 50, as far as being at hybrid pole/"fister" i wouldn't do it, id remain pole, but of course thats just me. (and alot of other ppl) *cough* >.>
  • Captn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    mmmmmm ima use poles for tw and fists for fun 1vs1 it will work out most likely b:chuckle
    b:pleased
  • fotio2
    fotio2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    can you explain your comment about a succesfull bm must multi weap?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    barb on wurlord

"**** im missing my cancles can you help?"

no i only use x weapon

"party gets jumped by entire first room of fb 69 cleric BB's and another in purifing bout you still die*

woud have been great if you could cut damage in 1/2 again or had some kind of 10-12 meter aoe weapon....

"dam archer just killed me again...need to get range stuns and accuracy...or just lower their evade....*

just a few examples
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited December 2009
    fotio2 wrote: »

Different weapons are good for different situations. To be a good BM, you'll need to adapt to your surroundings and act accordingly including switching weapons. Use pole to finish off runners, fists for 1v1 etc.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Using fist as your secondary weapon is real easy at any level. The SP requirement is the lowest of any of the paths.

Here is a brief little guide I made months ago...

Fist/Spear Hybrid Guide
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At last i hit 9x and im thinking to learn all 4 paths to adapt to the situation b:pleased , Which is i really like on the BM's than all other classes b:victory
  • fotio2
    edited December 2009
    im just asking because im a 8x's bm and never had any problem with pole, i have good dmg great raange and stuns, switching weaps just seems like a waste of time for me.. i donno maybe i explore it more at 90 when all the sage/demon comes into play
    edited December 2009
    I started out as pole BM, but after I got axes and fists, I rarely use my pole anymore. I like pole but axes are better for multi-targets and spikes and fists are better for single. I use pole to push mobs and occasionally to finish off a running squishy and that's about it =/.
  • fotio2
    edited December 2009
    i find that axes dmg is too wide spikes, i mean it has good spikes but im more interested in doing a certain constant damage, fists i also like, but like the speed. im really into pole for the speed and range of dmg being very close. but i dont see how using a fist on a single mob would be better than using a higher dmg pole,sword or axe, even with the higher speed. unless theres a fist with crazy high dmg that i have not seen
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    weapon damage differ's

the base bounus you get from str remainds constant

fists are the highest dps weapon on a single target

just how it works
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOL classic, advice from a lvl 16 bm LOL
    edited December 2009
    LOL classic, advice from a lvl 16 bm LOL

b:laughb:cute
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fotio2 wrote: »

I did not originally post it but I think I can help, if someone didn't already (didn't read posts after the quoted one) You use multiple weapons to cover ones another's weaknesses. For example, in the fist/spear build, fists' weakness is range, spears have great range, see where I am going?
  • Pawoftiger - Sanctuary
    Pawoftiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if u know a good tank and spank build can u plz e-mail me at matt2000122@hotmail.com
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009

for TW axes are MUST
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yea im not even multi weapon using i think u should wait till mid 80's so u have a chance to focus on 1 skill path and master that.....as for the BM that said 60 i dont think thats such a good idea either but whatever u think would be better.....right now im a pure axe build bm and love the damage im doing so im gonna stick with that but possably in my 80's i will re-locate my pints and try to do fist/axe or pole/axe hybrid but i dont see my self doing that any time soon =P
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A successful bm must multipweap to get the advantages from the multi weapons. Example an axe/fist bm could dragons to cause more damage then switch to fists to get the damage increase bonus. You could also use axes/pole to aoe as pole gives you another aoe to use. Theres endless possiblilities to combo with.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yea im just saying it would be better to wait after u focused on 1 skill path (because u wont have enough spirit for other skill or coin) i still think u should wait till ur a higher lvl to go multi path
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No, you don't actually have to multipath. You need to have axes.

/thread

On a serious note, pole for range, fists for 1v1, axes for anything else. Swords are useful if you don't want to use fists. But yeah, axes are too OP compared to anything else when your level is under 85 or so.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Wyver - Harshlands
    Wyver - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol you dont NEED to have axes its mostly preferance
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010

And I guess you don't NEED to get in to RB to level fast, mostly a preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And I guess you don't NEED to get in to RB to level fast, mostly a preference.

It should be preference, but it's far from that. No axes = no entry to RB. Basically what you said.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Giving up drake bash, highland cleave, fissure, and ehavens flame is just stuped. being stuped seems to be mostly a preferance.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.