Help veno to nukeish O_O

PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
Ok my friend told me, since im a pure mag build. Ill start drawing aggro of my golem after 40. Is there an alt build i can start from 22???? I still want damage, but i dont wanna take his aggro away. but my golem has really good damage, was my friend right.(he is a barb) So im seeking advice from my veno superiors b:victory
If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Amp Damage, Ironwood, Befuddling Mist are skills you can use to increase your damage while not drawing much aggro. Lucky Scarab should be used discriminately.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • KimiChaos - Sanctuary
    KimiChaos - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok my friend told me, since im a pure mag build. Ill start drawing aggro of my golem after 40. Is there an alt build i can start from 22???? I still want damage, but i dont wanna take his aggro away. but my golem has really good damage, was my friend right.(he is a barb) So im seeking advice from my veno superiors b:victory

I personally have a cuddly pup. I steal agro off of it. b:surrender It has flesh ream though so I'm safe for the most part. I just found it easier to watch my dmg without changing my builds after I started too pull agro off a lvl 76 barb. b:embarrass Till I learned how to watch my dmg my boyfriend gave me a starter wand.

I know golems are decent tank pets. I personally never had one though. I found them big and hard for other squad mates to target mobs. (ones who didnt use shift key + click or assist attack ) b:angry
    b:faint

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just realized that stealing aggro shouldn't be an issue much with pure mag. You'll be killing in 2-3 hits anyway, and for the ones that take more: you'll be amping / using multiple aggro skills. I'm a 95 pure mag btw, and am still very pleased with the build. People who aren't are probably using citrines, and mag equips when they should be using garnets and alternative pdef/patk equips.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Learn how to use all the attack skills on your pet and not just the one in auto-attack.

If you use bash and sandblow (which all mags come with), you will not be stealing aggro from it anytime soon. Once you start stealing, just add one more attack skill, like fireball or lighting or whatever, and learn to cycle all your skills.

Using 2 level 1 basg skills generates more aggro than using 1 level 5 skill. With that in mind, use the golem's 2 attack skills to generate enough aggro. Have bash on auto, and send your golem using alt+3, so it will use sandblow firsr followed by bash before it even uses a regular attack. I am sure you will not be able to steal aggro from it if you where to do that until you get much much higher level, at which point, you can just add a 3rd elemental bash or even fleshream.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    at some point (i guess unless u got a herc?) most venos start stealing agro off their pet. Im not pure mag anymore, but trying to go into a 7mag build (so i also got 2vit every 2lvls) u get less dmg, but better hp when it goes wrong ^^;. Yeah u could also compensate with what shards u put in armor (i only use what i pick up >.>)

doing a skill then healing and doing a skill again will let ur pet keep agro most of the time. im in 7x and has been stealing agro from my wolf (not the best dmg) since 4x-5x i guess, but the heal gives time for ur pet to dmg. Also one of ur skills should be Iron scarab cuz it lowers the pDef of the mob, which means more dmg to ur wolf ^^. and of cuz amplifier if the kill is a hard one.
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    at some point (i guess unless u got a herc?)

Hercs are generally the easiest pets to steal aggro from. Hercs have three skill slots dedicated to buffs which leaves only one skill slot for aggro. The majority of tanking pets are able to devote two or three skills to aggro.
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hercs are generally the easiest pets to steal aggro from. Hercs have three skill slots dedicated to buffs which leaves only one skill slot for aggro. The majority of tanking pets are able to devote two or three skills to aggro.

Yeah ask the expert on hercs b:surrender i really know nothing about them or tank pets what that matter, only that i find magmit too common which is one reason i didn't get one of those ... and i love wolfs b:chuckle
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, sometime in your 40s you'll start pulling aggro off your pet.

You've got a few choices. You can wait (or use some non damaging skill) at the start of the fight, and space out your attacks. This does mean you do less damage, so fights take longer than they could do.

You could suck it up and take the aggro. This means risking taking damage and needing healing and repairs.

You can slap some extra attack skills on your pet and/or level up the ones it has got. This will delay the problem for a few more levels, and cost a lot.

You can use a pet with a higher base-attack - such as a wolf, scorpion or cat. This has the disadvantage that those pets are squishy and die easily, so you're risking wiping out that way.

You can switch to a higher level pet, which will have more and better skills. This has the disadvantage that the pet will likely be weaker than your current one though.

You can use a pet which has roar or pounce - both skills which are very good for resetting aggro-gone-wrong.

Or you can restat to something not-quite so pure magic - again that will reduce the amount of damage you deal, though it may let you survive better.

Oh and yeah, cast lucky scarab less often - that stun draws aggro like nothing else.

Up to you really. It depends how long you're going to be keeping your magmite as to whether it is worth upgrading the skills. You might want to try a higher-level magmite (which comes with skills) to test how they'll hold aggro for you, before committing.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, sometime in your 40s you'll start pulling aggro off your pet.

You've got a few choices.
    If you're using a magmite, just put Bash on auto and order the pet to attack the target with alt-3. That will cause the magmite to open with Sandblow. It'll then immediately fire Bash next. The aggro from both those skills should be enough to carry you into the 50s, maybe even the 60s.
  • Rebutia - Harshlands
    Rebutia - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In addition to the tips here (like using multiple aggro skills and using leveled aggro skills), you can also just wait for your pet to build some threat before you start attacking if you are a damage dealing veno.

If you can afford a herc (and I can not), hercs can also build threat using reflect. And if you are fighting monsters which do not hit hard enough to build much threat that way, you can AoE grind on them, picking up a new target every 10-ish seconds. I have seen some venos holding 15-ish melee monsters on their herc and then dropping most of them with one AoE.

Or, you can go into fox form and use leech. Level 1 leech can get almost 2k health/minute and higher level leech is even better -- leech is usually a lot better than anything you can do with metabolic boost and nature's grace.
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thx guys this has helped a lot :)
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]