i make it

rhaal
rhaal Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Archer
use slingshot {1-20} that fast up lv and kill fast.
use blue crossbow {20-38} wait unit 38 lvl change to slingshot.
use slingshot {38-55} wait unit 55 lvl change to crossbow.
use crossbow {55-up} so use crossbow 55 to up lvl and make kill best.

bone bolt-that ok
Iron bolt-best kill
Triple bladed ?
dragonflame ?

max {frost arrow}
max {winged blessing}
max {winged shell}
max {blazing arrow}
max {bow mastery}

you can use some just not get lvl up just get lvl 1
{vicious arrow}(just lvl 1)
{knockback arrow}(just lvl 1)
Post edited by rhaal on

Comments

• Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I got it.. you an idiot .
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rhaal wrote: »
    use slingshot {1-20} that fast up lv and kill fast.

Uhh, it's best to use the weapons from the Postbox @ Lv5?
    use blue crossbow {20-38} wait unit 38 lvl change to slingshot.

No.. just use the Trial Crossbow from the FB. Much better than a plain weapon.
    use slingshot {38-55} wait unit 55 lvl change to crossbow.

From 30-42 use a 3 star Sling/Bow/Xbow. then at 42 use the Sinister Shooter (sling).
    use crossbow {55-up} so use crossbow 55 to up lvl and make kill best.

Sinister Shooter last all the way to the next Slingshot (Wind and the Clouds) which should only be replaced by TT80 Gold stuff.

bone bolt-that ok
    Iron bolt-best kill
    Triple bladed ?
    dragonflame ?

Who cares about ammo, it doesn't make a huge difference unless you're doing PvP or timed bosses. Just use lv1 or statted ammo (Crit, Channel) for special occasions. Buying ammo over lv1 that isn't statted is a waste. Just earn it through killing or craft statted.
    max {frost arrow}
    max {winged blessing}
    max {winged shell}
    max {blazing arrow}
    max {bow mastery}

Why max Frost? Save Spirit for better skills.
    you can use some just not get lvl up just get lvl 1
    {vicious arrow}(just lvl 1)
    {knockback arrow}(just lvl 1)

What good is Vicious lv1? Might as well use another skill in it's place.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Uhh, it's best to use the weapons from the Postbox @ Lv5?

No.. just use the Trial Crossbow from the FB. Much better than a plain weapon.

From 30-42 use a 3 star Sling/Bow/Xbow. then at 42 use the Sinister Shooter (sling).

Sinister Shooter last all the way to the next Slingshot (Wind and the Clouds) which should only be replaced by TT80 Gold stuff.

Who cares about ammo, it doesn't make a huge difference unless you're doing PvP or timed bosses. Just use lv1 or statted ammo (Crit, Channel) for special occasions. Buying ammo over lv1 that isn't statted is a waste. Just earn it through killing or craft statted.

I can't believe you spend more time into answering to each of his proposals than he used for making his post.

That's pretty kind of you b:cute
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Because Frost makes about the best PvE opener in the game?

Vicious is a pre-requisite for Sharpened Tooth Arrow?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Because Frost makes about the best PvE opener in the game?

Stun + KB + whatever you decide to chain after it should knock out every normal monster. An increased Life would reach your regardless. I don't really understand why people like Frost so much. It's weak and Slow barely prolongs the inevitable. Just grind on ranged mobs instead, they're widely available.

Vicious is a pre-requisite for Sharpened Tooth Arrow?

He said use. If he was posting for the purpose of prereq., he would have posted a ton more skills.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    its a decent MP cost opener that slows, with wind and the clouds, you can finish anything off your level with just frost and normals.

(aside from inc life/def)

frost is one of the best skills in an archer;s arsenal. refusing to accept such is nooby :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    its a decent MP cost opener hat slows, with wind and the clouds, you can finish anything off your level with just frost and normals.

(aside from inc life/def)

frost is one of the best skills in an archer;s arsenal. refusing to accept such is nooby :o

Not using Stun instead of Frost as an opener just because of MP cost, that is nooby.

So break down:

Super poor people that cant afford a few MP pots: Frost
    Normal people: Stun
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    oh, ill use stun as an opener on those increased stats mobs, but to use a LONG cool down move with high mp cost as an opener is sheer stupidity.

to break it down:
    normal archers: open with frost
    you: open with long cool down/high mp move for no reason.

its like telling a cleric or wiz not to open with gush or cyclone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh, ill use stun as an opener on those increased stats mobs, but to use a LONG cool down move with high mp cost as an opener is sheer stupidity.

to break it down:

...what kind of wizard opens with gush? You always open with a nuke if you're a wiz.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    low level ones do last i checked :O.
    note his level range is relatively low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

to break it down:

Who cares about cooldowns lol wtf. It'll be available again when grinding on mobs your level (excluding Weak). If you can kill them within 10 seconds then dont even bother with Frost. And if theyre ranged, why bother with Frost at all.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I generally use stun or tooth as an opener since frost costs 25 chi (tho demon version is cheaper). I use chi for barrage and spark.

Also frost is 5 seconds of 50% movement so it buys you at most 2.5 seconds (unless it is stacked with demon stormrage). Stun will buy you 3seconds for lvl 10, 3.5s for demon, and 4.5s for sage.

Frost's best attribute then is that it is more effective than stun at lower skill levels and that it costs less MP.

MP cost really becomes less significant at high levels. Grinding on lvl 96 spiders I can get like 500k / hr in DQ and drops, enough to buy enough tokens for like 400 of those 5k MP event pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the rest of you are all deranged. the proper way to grind is to +7 your wep and use normal attacks.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited December 2009
    the rest of you are all deranged. the proper way to grind is to +7 your wep and use normal attacks.

Then you lose out on +10% crit from tooth / stun or the 30% attack speed boost from quick shot. With +7 you aren't suddenly one-shotting all mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    but it's sufficient. 9x are looking at least 25% crit more or less, if you crit a single time during a normal mob fight, it's not going to touch you unless you're fighting something stupid and melee. the odds are pretty good. i can do this at fish even with my +4 wep. in fact, the times i get hit i can make back with regular x3 spark eruptions. mana bar almost never moves

i mean it's your 9x wep anyways, you're probably expecting to refine it something decently high.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited December 2009
    It's not just about killing something before it reaches you, its about killing it quickly and moving on to the next mob.

Some skills do help kill speed like tooth and demon quickshot / stun. The more you kill the more XP / SP and money you make. As long as the time you save is worth more to you than the added cost of MP or whatever then you should use those skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    no it doesn't silly. both stun and sharptooth takes up channeling time, of which you could have squeezed 2 shots out. if you can kill it with normal attacks, that's the fastest way of killing it. i'll give you quickshot tho b:surrender b:chuckle