Hellfire Drake?

Feroxine - Lost City
Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
My apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum, but General Discussion seemed to be the most sensible place.

I'm heavily considering purchasing a Hellfire Drake flying mount for my Barbarian, but it is rather likely that the Assassin I plan to create when the Rising Tide expansion is released will eventually become my main character.

If this was to happen, how much in-game cash could I expect to get for the Hellfire Drake if I was to sell it? (I know that the exact value probably changes day-to-day, but I presume there must be some sort of average?).
Post edited by Feroxine - Lost City on

Comments

• rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum, but General Discussion seemed to be the most sensible place.

I'm heavily considering purchasing a Hellfire Drake flying mount for my Barbarian, but it is rather likely that the Assassin I plan to create when the Rising Tide expansion is released will eventually become my main character.

If this was to happen, how much in-game cash could I expect to get for the Hellfire Drake if I was to sell it? (I know that the exact value probably changes day-to-day, but I presume there must be some sort of average?).

i'd think if gold price is at 500k, 12.5mil
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rikako wrote: »
    i'd think if gold price is at 500k, 12.5mil

I think that's a bit optimistic. Mounts and clothes are permanent items so the amount of them on each server will only increase. That would mean that the price for permanent items would be less than the gold price multiplied by the amount of gold the item is worth. Well, that's what should be happening, not sure if it's what is happening though.

Best bet would be to check the auctioneer and see what other people are selling it for.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    About 3 days ago I bought my Hellfire Drake for 8.5 mil. Today I saw one for sale in the auction house for only 7 mil. So I would say....right now, 7-8 mil if you were trying to sell one. After the Expansion comes out, I can't say. It all depends on gold prices, and how many people are looking for new aerogear.

Though, it's likely that a large amount of older aerogear will end up in the auction house when the tideborn come around. Due to many people choosing to retire their current characters in favor of new ones.

I probably should have waited a couple weeks. b:sad
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I guess there different prices in each server, for example i seen barb lvl 100 skill book for 12mil in sanc while in lc it was 18mil b:shocked
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well, I bit the bullet and purchased one earlier. Hopefully I shan't live to regret it!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    gold is down on our server to about 390k lol. it really depends on how your gold prices and demand are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What Waffle said. It depends on your server and current gold prices. You wouldn't be able to sell a Drake for 12.5 mil on Sanctuary. You would just get laughed at.
  • BloodSavior - Dreamweaver
    BloodSavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009

people are selling them on DW for about 6mil the other day so yeah im guessing about 6-8mil mateb:victory
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    gold is down on our server to about 390k lol. it really depends on how your gold prices and demand are.

Since when has it been down that low O.o? need to keep updated...
    n yea it really all depends on what everyone else is paying, keeping an eye on the economy and whatever b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    DAMN if gold is down to 390k then i u guys are lucky over there on sanctuary...GRRRRRR
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My friend got a galactic beetle for 4 mil. He was just lucky though. I would have suggested that you wait for a while, until the prices are set. Maybe another week. Too late now though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • mistressofburden
    mistressofburden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's a Hellfire Drake ..but i cant find it's location in my inventory i always use the 'fly' skill to summon how do i sell it if i cant find it? please help..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pro necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    look at your equipped gear...... d'oh...... and wow what the hell lmao
  • MyrhMist - Archosaur
    MyrhMist - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    its not on stuff that im wearing in the inventory slots my skills or pet bag.
    PLEASE lol i cant figure it out
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Erm. Flyers are things that you equip. You can't use it unless you equip it...so yes, it is on you. Look again.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wait a sec... i jsut looked cause i thought she wasnt' high enough but they're lvl 20..... but the new UI moved it.... lol i thought mine was "missing" for a sec too. Look by your boots.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
This discussion has been closed.