What build are u?

_Hunny_ - Sanctuary
_Hunny_ - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
Hello everyone.. I've read the guides and info on the builds but i'm wondering,
what is the most common build that venos will go for.. N pls tell me y u choose that build i really want to know....b:cute

I hope this thread can help me choose the right build that fits me well
Post edited by _Hunny_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LA for survivability and critical hits. Has saved my life quite few times. But I have less magic attack, so my damage and healing powers are smaller than arcanes.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You'll probably get raked over the coals by people pointing out that you've missed this that and the other build variant (someone counted no less than 37 different builds used on this forum a while back)

I mean, heck, you're missing 'heavy' and there's a stickied guide to that up the top of the forum :)

Anyway, 8/1/1 robe here, with a bit of dex for no obvious reason.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im a vitality arcane build, the best of the best for end game venomancers. gets the most well rounded stats, best hp, and 2nd highest m.atk of most viable builds. any other build is just plain silly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Vit Arcane, I also have some dex, for the crit reasons.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im a vitality arcane build, the best of the best for end game venomancers. gets the most well rounded stats, best hp, and 2nd highest m.atk of most viable builds. any other build is just plain silly!
    also better defences than LA which ppl refuse to believe or just ignore it
  • sephiroth421
    sephiroth421 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Realy theres alot u can do with a veno i know some venos on our server that wear HH99 gold heavy armour and are using the neon purgatory lunar wand so they still have and insane mag attack but i was told if ur gonna go heavy you should wait till 95+ to restat to it realy no need for dex and for hp its all about the gear dont worry try a few things out find what works for you.You can always restat later on if u dont like the way things turn out but as for going arcane be prepared to get oneshotted alot at lower lvls by melee damage unless your on a pve server anyways im sure you can find some guides for different builds on the forum
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^post above: ever heard of a period ^^ ?

and I'm a vit/arcane build. gives some nice hp and good magic attack :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure. 9 magic 1 str per 2 levels. And now it's actually less str than that because I've deducted the str added by my cape and necklace and added it to magic.

Significantly less HP than a Vit/Arcane build. Significantly higher attack/heal power. Same defenses. (possibly a negligible amount less p.def.) Of course these things depend on individual builds (IE: different investments in vit.) and sharding preferences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Rebutia - Harshlands
    Rebutia - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am a light armor build, and I pick my skills and gear for fox form combat.

I might not be "the best build", but my magmite and I just got done soloing my gate of delirium challenge quest (where you need to defeat 5 demonic mossprites and 5 hellish reverexes), which is not too bad for a level 37 light armor build, wearing might rings.

b:chuckle
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I used to be light armor veno which was a very decent build up till 90. I like fox form a lot and started to go fox form more and more as LA. But in LA, fox form is just not that great and you basically play a LA the same as an arcane in the end. So fox form ability, better defences then any build and TW made me go heavy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LA Veno who shards Eva. Makes things much fun when you grab a hoard of mobs and see Miss pop over your head about 50 times.
  • Malkaviana - Dreamweaver
    Malkaviana - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Robe is my way to go. Guess I just enjoy high-dmg spells(some points to VIT too)
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I consider myself full arcane, though I've a fair bit in vit by now, I suppose, even though I concentrate more on my Pdef--I've found I have more than twice the pdef of most arcanes my level.... However, after buying the frost wand for 85, I won't be adding anymore to vit; I figure it balances out with all the extra magic I'll be getting from the TT90 gold set and from refining a G12 instead of the G11 that the TT90 weapons are, and keep my damage as high as I like it. Then I'll switch to protection belts and neckaces to keep my pdef up, and shard my 90 gear with immaculate garnets. I'm quite happy with this build so far, despite it flying in the face of conventional wisdom for a PvP veno as far as I've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heavy since lvl8.

had a ton of fun so far. nowadays I offer to tank BH51 for lower friends and we have a great time scaring squad mates. someday I'll do the same to polearm squads!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im pro venobuild...mmm if thats an answer..

Vit-arcane ftw b:victory

good hp and phys res.
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Add me to the "pure" build list. I'm PvE and I don't die very often in combat. About the only reason I'd consider moving points from mag to vit at this point are if I start dying alot due to lack of HP. I have 4290hp unbuffed at level 90 though, so far so good!

My veno's main weakness is poor physical defense, only 1kish unbuffed at 90. I went pure citrines in my TT90 gear. I have physical defense ornaments, but I generally keep my channeling gear on 24/7. -21% channeling has helping alot when I am tanking bosses. I'm keeping my eyes open though, in case I run into a situation where I need to restat, reshard, or regear.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Add me to the "pure" build list. I'm PvE and I don't die very often in combat. About the only reason I'd consider moving points from mag to vit at this point are if I start dying alot due to lack of HP. I have 4290hp unbuffed at level 90 though, so far so good!

My veno's main weakness is poor physical defense, only 1kish unbuffed at 90. I went pure citrines in my TT90 gear. I have physical defense ornaments, but I generally keep my channeling gear on 24/7. -21% channeling has helping alot when I am tanking bosses. I'm keeping my eyes open though, in case I run into a situation where I need to restat, reshard, or regear.

meh.. the more magic you got the more magic damage you do... Also easier for your pet to lose aggro.. Im vit-arc build and I take aggro from phoenix b:cry And herc dont have a chance to tank unless its a hardcore boss like TT bosses and such that I wont deal great damage to.
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    meh.. the more magic you got the more magic damage you do... Also easier for your pet to lose aggro.. Im vit-arc build and I take aggro from phoenix b:cry And herc dont have a chance to tank unless its a hardcore boss like TT bosses and such that I wont deal great damage to.

I don't pull aggro that often. I'm not sure why. Either it's my cautious style of play, the fact I keep my crit at 1%, or the fact I have a level 86 archer alt and simply learned proper DPS control on him. b:chuckle
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I tend to solve this problem (at least on bosses) by switching up what I do between heals. I think most venos, if not all, use amp (and purge if it's a buffing boss). I also switch up myriads, lending hand if there is a need for it, and every once in awhile a blazing scarab, since the aggro on that skill seems to be extremely low.

If I throw damage spells one after the other I pull aggro in a heartbeat, same as any pure or close to pure build.

to Elona: I managed to get up to 4503 hp unbuffed, could just be more refines or +vit on ornaments. My p.def is about 2.7k unbuffed, something I have plans to greatly increase in the near future. Currently it's coming from p.def shards in my helmet and cape, as well as p.def ornaments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    After pulling aggro off my Herc over 9000 times, I finally said "**** this." and made a macro. (Loop) Venomous Scarab, Heal Pet. That's it. Party doesn't like that? I have another Macro. (Loop) Venomous Scarab, Heal Pet, Ironwood Scarab, Heal Pet, Noxious Gas, Heal Pet. Haven't pulled aggro off my pet since. Now... When I have a barb tanking? That's when I nuke like there's no tomorrow. b:chuckle I figure the Wizards and the Archers are going to grab aggro if anyone does, and when, and if they get it, I can just save them anyway. I have Alpha Male, and I understand the concept of running TOWARDS the tank. Or, in worst case scenario, popping up Bramble Hood, switching to Fox Form, and spamming the hell out of Leech and Befuddling Mist until someone with aggro skills gets it off me. Reminds me of a recent FC run... Nuke build Veno launched a high powered AoE and got aggro from everything I was trying to tank with my Herc... AM, BH, FF, BM, Leech, and done. Took a few pots, but we were laughing our asses off at the fact that a lowly Veno just saved the squishy.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm Pure Heavy Attack Veno. I chose is because I felt like it basically. And I wanted an attack pet as a bm but learned they dont get one so made my bm veno also I wantd to be a kitty ^^.

I learned recently I can wear light TT armor along with heavy so I'm going to only use light armor for magic mobs then do heavy as usual for bosses and etc.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heavy/Arcane b:dirty
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    I don't pull aggro that often. I'm not sure why. Either it's my cautious style of play, the fact I keep my crit at 1%, or the fact I have a level 86 archer alt and simply learned proper DPS control on him. b:chuckle

meh... I got +8 TT99 gold glaive, 9079 hp unbuffed, 4.8k phys res unbuffed and 12% critical hit + demon wood mastery (give 2% crit), -24% chan...(I feel like an **** to post these stats) So that might be it, but even with an urefined weapon I can steal aggro from herc, but I have bash lvl 5 on it.. Flesh ream holds aggro a lot better. But if I let herc tank for a little with the bramble its harder to take aggro. I think vit-arcane is the best overall build, other builds are usually a lot better against certain classes and weaker against others, while this build can deal with em all.b:surrender
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heavy/Arcane. I enjoy my survivability in PK unless I'm being ganked to hell and back. I'm not a Barb. ;~;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • _Rika - Sanctuary
    _Rika - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heavy/Robe since lvl 1 b:victory it helps when my pet steals aggro from barb n then dies leaving me for the boss b:shocked but also handy in pvp against melee classes along with bramble hood b:laugh
  • DayzFade - Heavens Tear
    DayzFade - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I went almost full magic robe most of the way, pumped vit to 50 early on, and prepped gear in advance which isn't too hard for veno.

Went the citrine route with TT90, and have 4800ish hp. Most of the gear besides the main robes are just at the req for shards which saves a small fortune towards setting it all up. You'd be surprised what you can find in AH with good +vit,+mag gear if you're patient.

50vit, 50str,5dex, 370mag
    phys necklace and belt keep my def at 31% and most magic defenses at 68% unbuffed.

Damage is good enough for crowd control, and the heal gives a lot of freedom for soloing.
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    mag/vit build. used to be pure mag, and haven't changed it completly yet. mag with would go like this 1str 6-8mag 1-3vit. dependign on what u want the most. It just give a little more HP, and less mag dmg, still the same sad pdmg. Its definatly a PvE build. I guess with the right gear and stuff that a mag build migth be the better one for PvE(?) ... i have heard LA is more for PvP, less dmg better def, and better use of fox form, HA optimal use of fox forum, sad use of human form compared to mag build. mag and mag/vit got a sad use for fox form. What build to take depend on ur way to play. Im used to support and tactic play so i don't mind having low survivability as long as i can make up for it but the mag build was a bit too low for my agro-stealing-self ^^; i can't help it lol xD
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i have heard LA is more for PvP, less dmg better def
    vit arcane can get better in everything except crit, but the difference is insignificant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Pure mag doesn't not benefit from fox form. Pure mag benefits from cheap garnets which multiply on fox form's pdef booster. Pure mag already has great mag def, so it can focus on pdef. With Light Armor, dex is wasted. With HA: mag is sacrificed, and costs are higher. HA can often kill quicker though.
    vit arcane can get better in everything except crit, but the difference is insignificant.

Vit arcane is a fail build for Veno. You sacrifice matk, MP, MP recovery, mdef, pet healing, cheaper/faster HP replenishing, all for supposedly more survivability. Venos get some of the lowest returns on Vit of any class. Pure Mag only needs garnets which are cheaper when dealing with Perfects and better. Fox form multiplies on Garnet's added pdef, and not on HP.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    imma robe/axe user O.o impossible? i think not...imma make a psy that uses daggers too o.O