question about limit of flying

Options
EZlink - Harshlands
EZlink - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
what is the max speed for flying?

since wind widget gives 0.5 speed for normal n haste ea.
and cost @ 1 sliver 10@9ea

and cost about 100 wind widget to get an additional bonus of +50m/s
which is at around 8gold 1sliver. (US$8,10)

is THERE any limit?? i mean can someone fly beyond the speed of light (LOL'ed)
in pwi ? IF he pay like 400 wind widget (manic) which cost about (8.10 times 4 = $32.40) ??
Post edited by EZlink - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the max speed of upgradable aerogear is +3 normal and requires 80-240 windwidgets depending on the aerogear.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The most you can have is +3.0 m/s or +6.0 m/s with accelerate. That, plus the default 5.0m/s gives you 8.0 m/s regular speed and 11.0m/s with accelerate.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The most you can have is +3.0 m/s or +6.0 m/s with accelerate. That, plus the default 5.0m/s gives you 8.0 m/s regular speed and 11.0m/s with accelerate.

Iridescence/Brilliant Plumes? They're at 3.2/6.2 base, no?

Doesn't that make the max 5.2/11.2 m/s max?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wait, so the gryphon isn't 3 m/s, its realy 6 m/s? I'm confused. QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Iridescence/Brilliant Plumes? They're at 3.2/6.2 base, no?

Those wings themselves have contradicting information as they state both 3.0 and 3.2 from what I know. Therefore, claiming that it really is 3.2 without actual proof of it is kinda stupid. I'd much rather believe that it is 3.0 and that the 3.2 is just a typo rather than that they made a 3.2 m/s wing for no reason.
    Wait, so the gryphon isn't 3 m/s, its realy 6 m/s? I'm confused. QQ

All aerogear come with a base speed of 5.0 m/s, with the +speed stated being added on top of that. Also, all aerogear have two speeds, regular flight and accelerated flight. The latter requires you to use up the "durability" of the wings by using the Accelerate command.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Those wings themselves have contradicting information as they state both 3.0 and 3.2 from what I know. Therefore, claiming that it really is 3.2 without actual proof of it is kinda stupid. I'd much rather believe that it is 3.0 and that the 3.2 is just a typo rather than that they made a 3.2 m/s wing for no reason.
    I thought the 3.2 m/s wings were the special ones you got from aero delight. Also the galactic beetle,brilliant plumes,and flame drill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Olba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I thought the 3.2 m/s wings were the special ones you got from aero delight. Also the galactic beetle,brilliant plumes,and flame drill.

Well, that still does not fix the issue that adding just 0.2 m/s makes no sense and the fact that the wings have two different listed speeds on them.

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, that still does not fix the issue that adding just 0.2 m/s makes no sense and the fact that the wings have two different listed speeds on them.
    I don't know about the Iridesence, but the extra .2 m/s might be to get people to buy them. Or something. I forgot where you got them, but if it was from anni packs or some other packs, it might encourage people to buy gold and buy those packs, instead of buying a 3 m/s flying mount from other players. Wait, just remembered, it was from Jolly Jones. It would have encouraged people to buy GS. That's what I'm guessing. I might be wrong though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• EZlink - Harshlands
    EZlink - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    soo max is =
    normal speed +3 ?
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    For most aerogear yes.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    There was a short sale of 3.2m/s wings, as far as I know yes, these wings actually do go faster than the normal +3 wings.

The +3 (or +3.2) is based on flyspeed - which appears to be 5m/s It isn't added onto your runspeed.

This is all 'normal' speed, the second given number on wings is how fast they go when you hit the 'accelerate' button (which eats energy, replenished with chi stones).