just some random ideas

EZlink - Harshlands
EZlink - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
is this idea good?

implant a mercenary system which allows player to hire/purchase a follower/bodyguard/supporter etc.

these are the point to this random idea ^^

-make these mercenary weak so they do not over take other player's main roles.

-allow them to wear equipment just like a character can but nerd their pdef n mdef to 20 to 40% of the full total def so they do not take the barb/bm's role of tanking .

-magic attack and physical attack nerded to about around 40% so that player's total DPS increases by abit but not alot as to do the same dmg as the DD's.

- allow them to have a fews skills (from books: expensive) so that it will not feel so boring soloing/grind alone and let the player feels that there's a player helping ( b:laugh) and players will choose carefully

- make the the cost to revive the merc expensive so player will look after it ^^

-put the shortcuts for merc's skill as Z+1 for normal attack or Z+2/3/4 for skills

-reduce skills effectiveness by 60% ? (since this is all about players :P)
Post edited by EZlink - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    is this idea good?

implant a mercenary system which allows player to hire/purchase a follower/bodyguard/supporter etc.

these are the point to this random idea ^^

-make these mercenary weak so they do not over take other player's main roles.

-allow them to wear equipment just like a character can but nerd their pdef n mdef to 20 to 40% of the full total def so they do not take the barb/bm's role of tanking .

-magic attack and physical attack nerded to about around 40% so that player's total DPS increases by abit but not alot as to do the same dmg as the DD's.

- allow them to have a fews skills (from books: expensive) so that it will not feel so boring soloing/grind alone and let the player feels that there's a player helping ( b:laugh) and players will choose carefully

- make the the cost to revive the merc expensive so player will look after it ^^

-put the shortcuts for merc's skill as Z+1 for normal attack or Z+2/3/4 for skills

-reduce skills effectiveness by 60% ? (since this is all about players :P)

Wouldn't really be too good an idea. For one, it would pretty much make ranged classes untouchable in PvE, even more so than they already are.

Also, there is no such thing as "expensive" in this game. You would either have to have it be around a few hundred thousands of coin at most, but there are people who have hundreds of millions, even more than that, so it wouldn't really be too big a deal for them. And there are multiples of these people. On the other hand, if you make it too expensive, no one will use them because the costs will outweight the gains.

And this game is an MMORPG, why would you want to enchance the soloing qualities of the game?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • EZlink - Harshlands
    EZlink - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it is just some random ideas.
    and i rarely see any one kill/grinding/farming near me...
    even if have they would mostly prolly ignore me for freak sake...

but shouldn't this also increase the DPS and allows us to kill some world monster alittler easier then it is now?

and expensives should be about the thousands (k's)??
    or maybe make it player below A level can revive it for free?
    and above A need to spend like 100k~500k ? (shouldn't be too high too)

edit: maybe 1 class can have an merc of their own
    etc veno can have a veno merc ^^