Cloud eruption vs. Chi Siphon

Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Which one is better? Plz explain your reasons.
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Good question.

I know that a maxed chi siphon takes 166 energy and gives 2 sparks but I am not sure about cloud eruption after it changed in one of the patches.

My guess is that chi siphon gives more Chi but is hampered by having to find a target while Cloud Eruption I know you can invoke at any time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Good question.

I know that a maxed chi siphon takes 166 energy and gives 2 sparks but I am not sure about cloud eruption after it changed in one of the patches.

My guess is that chi siphon gives more Chi but is hampered by having to find a target while Cloud Eruption I know you can invoke at any time.

If you have to invoke, you have a target. However the range of the skill might matter for wanting to barrage as an archer :P
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you have to invoke, you have a target. However the range of the skill might matter for wanting to barrage as an archer :P

15meters is pretty short when you have a 32 meter range... keep in mind that if you are using it on a target your genie is now in cooldown and so you cant do tree of protection or fortify or whatever.

Cloud eruption you can cast well before a battle from safety.

At level 10 it chi siphon steals 2 sparks from the target but the target then regenerates 3 sparks over like 30 seconds.

I think I would rather have cloud eruption but I was constrained by affinity and went with chi siphon.

Chi siphon does have a benefit of taking less stamina I believe if you care about cost. Can anyone describe what a high-level Cloud Eruption is like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    15meters is pretty short when you have a 32 meter range... keep in mind that if you are using it on a target your genie is now in cooldown and so you cant do tree of protection or fortify or whatever.

Cloud eruption you can cast well before a battle from safety.

At level 10 it chi siphon steals 2 sparks from the target but the target then regenerates 3 sparks over like 30 seconds.

I think I would rather have cloud eruption but I was constrained by affinity and went with chi siphon.

Chi siphon does have a benefit of taking less stamina I believe if you care about cost. Can anyone describe what a high-level Cloud Eruption is like?

Cloud eruption is nice, but yeah it doesn't give 2 sparks unless you invest devote your entire genie towards it. It's a skill best left at lvl 1, my genie w/ 60 strength currently restores 134 chi, each level increases by around 3 or 4 chi i don't remember...but also requires an additional 3 energy to cast. So it's generally not worth it to lvl it past 1.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Does it work in duels?
  • Strendarr - Heavens Tear
    Strendarr - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Does Chi siphon work on mobs as well, or just other players?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    5nkig2.png
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Good question.

Lvl 10 cloud eruption also uses 166 energy. Never used chi siphon b4 so I don't know which is better...
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    looking at it, wouldnt cloud eruption be nice on a thunderstorm genie made for finishing off those nasty HA?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    looking at it, wouldnt cloud eruption be nice on a thunderstorm genie made for finishing off those nasty HA?

Well all I know is that with a 50 str genie with a recovery rate of 2/sec it gives me a little over one and a half sparks in just over a minute (which is more than what master li's tech gives in a minute). I prefer that cause it's eaiser to kill/tank stuff with claws with almost constant demon sparks b:laugh
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Is chi siphon working on mobs and bosses or just on players? And how many energy needs lv. 10?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]