How old do i have to be to play this game?

yop943
yop943 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
how old to i have to be to play this game?
my dad keep whining about
''(u should play games for your age, yada,yada,yada)''
Post edited by yop943 on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    13+, pretty much.

Hey hot stuff, hows it goin? XD
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    13+, pretty much.

Unless he means he is like 55 and is being told to play in the real world b:chuckle
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    18+ is what's listed in the EULA. 13+ is with parental consent.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This game shouldnt worry the parentals too much. There's not any blood guts or gore in game, or anything that might look violent. pretty much the only thing you should be concerned about is the people who use curse words and are disrespectful. but then again you can just blacklist those ppl who do that in game so you dont have to see what they say.
    >.<
  • yop943
    yop943 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    k, thnaks guys im 15 btw.
    but ma parents are nubs!
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well. There is one section, don't remember where it is, but, it's slightly graphic (shows some NPCs dead with arrows in their backs and the town on fire). But nothing a 13 year old hasn't seen before in a video game.
    edited November 2009
    yop943 wrote: »
    but ma parents are nubs!

15 is old enough............... just keep away from those Veno's
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    pfft, 18+? Hardly..

"OH NOES! THEYRE EMBRACING! b:shocked *Covers children's eyes*"

<_< Ha...ha

If anything, this game needs a little more blood. Just once I'd love to see my axes stained with blood of my enemies b:sin
    But I guess when i want that, I'll go play Assassin's creed. b:victory

To the OP, As long as your old enough to play a game properly and know what the heck is going on in the game. Then go for your life and play till the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol i think boundless grasslands has some burning villages and dead people

some areas also has skeletons hanging from trees. nothing you haven't seen before in a PG-13 movie
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    some burning villages and dead people

some areas also has skeletons hanging from trees.

Sounds like most 13 year old's backyards nowadays ... Y00th of today *tuts*
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Sounds like most 13 year old's backyards nowadays ... Y00th of today *tuts*

When I was a kid I was too busy hand-washing my clothes and walking to school uphill to hang skeletons in my backyard!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited November 2009
    When I was a kid I was too busy hand-washing my clothes and walking to school uphill to hang skeletons in my backyard!

Is that before or after the 20 hour shift cleaning chimneys ?

(Bad image of D1ck Van **** now and Marry Poppins b:angry)
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009

You were, are, and will always be a cold-blooded murderer!! Look at your server! D<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:shocked
    but.....me am a hamster~
    b:infuriated
    zmog me going to be near death when me reach 18+
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol i think boundless grasslands has some burning villages and dead people

some areas also has skeletons hanging from trees. nothing you haven't seen before in a PG-13 movie

A burning village and a few people lying around is hardly 18+ content =\

Theyre not bleeding, there are no limbs missing and the burning is just like an everyday bushfire. (Australia)

Hanging skeletons.. hmm, Halloween just passed didnt it? And america has little 10-15 year old kids running around dressed as zombies from Micheal's Thriller video. (lol)b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Here is the link to the TOS
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

You have to be 18+ to create an account, or be 13+ and have your parents read the TOS and agree to it. There is also an email listed where they can send any questions they may have.

If you create the account yourself without parental consent, your account can be banned since it would violate the TOS. (even if they are noobs, they still have to agree to let you create the account and play the game).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    Shoshoni - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yop943 wrote: »
    but ma parents are nubs!

Parents are generally smarter than teenagers give them credit for although sometimes the teenagers really are smarter than their parents...

~Shoshoni
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On the Warriors path. Always with Honor! A Saitada Alt.
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Parents are generally smarter than teenagers give them credit for although sometimes the teenagers really are smarter than their parents...

~Shoshoni

I just left my mom's place to live in a dorm and I can say from firsthand experience, all throughout my high school years I thought I was smarter than my mom, but going to college taught me I'm not. I have a hard time believing any teenager can be 'smarter' than their parents. Maybe, if they kicked out on their own, but I would need some convincing.

Oh, on topic: if I were a parent, I wouldn't let you play this game. Too many 'big kids' and bad things being talked about. The people on this game are sometimes less mature than an 8 year old, with the vocabulary of a 37-year-old sailor. Not to mention all the drug talk and sexual talk...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    this game is NC-17 rated, simple as that

but honestly, what 12y/o hasn't "been there, done that" nowadays?

sad state of society we live in these days b:sweat

(speaking of the USA mainly)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I started playing MMORPG's when I was 9. And burning bodies and stuff you can pretty much see anywhere. And there aren't any nude scenes as far ask I know. So, pretty much OK for anyone over the age of 5. Met a 7 year old once online (different game), so 15 is pretty much okay. Unless your parents want you to go play something bloodier and gorey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I started playing MMORPG's when I was 9. And burning bodies and stuff you can pretty much see anywhere. And there aren't any nude scenes as far ask I know. So, pretty much OK for anyone over the age of 5. Met a 7 year old once online (different game), so 15 is pretty much okay. Unless your parents want you to go play something bloodier and gorey.

No nude scenes? Do the Brilliant Feathers and the Corsair sets underwater count? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • screwnickslol
    edited November 2009
    And there aren't any nude scenes as far ask I know.

there's a place ingame where there's nudity. don't know where it's at myself, but i've seen a screenshot of it before
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    there's a place ingame where there's nudity. don't know where it's at myself, but i've seen a screenshot of it before
    Those mermaid thingies? They're still wearing sea shells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • screwnickslol
    edited November 2009
    Those mermaid thingies? They're still wearing sea shells.

naw, its a statue lol. but still
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    Shoshoni - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I just left my mom's place to live in a dorm and I can say from firsthand experience, all throughout my high school years I thought I was smarter than my mom, but going to college taught me I'm not. I have a hard time believing any teenager can be 'smarter' than their parents. Maybe, if they kicked out on their own, but I would need some convincing.

Oh, on topic: if I were a parent, I wouldn't let you play this game. Too many 'big kids' and bad things being talked about. The people on this game are sometimes less mature than an 8 year old, with the vocabulary of a 37-year-old sailor. Not to mention all the drug talk and sexual talk...

Actually, I was one of those rare kids that was not only smarter than my parents (at least in book knowledge), I was smarter than most of my teachers throughout school. When I was in 4th grade I was already reading Collegiate with a 97% comprehension of information. By the time I hit Jr High and High school, I was so bored to tears I started having major issues in school.

The stuff they were trying to 'teach' me I had already learned myself years before. My teachers never understood why I could refuse to pay any attention at all in class, yet still score perfectly on my tests. They swore I was cheating over and over. They would 'surprise' test me trying to catch me cheating and even though I still scored the same, they would swear I somehow cheated. They just couldn't understand how this 'underachiever' could ace their tests when I refused to pay any attention in classes, refused to do any of the assigned work and basically slept through school.

I probably should have payed more attention in English and Grammar, I still have issues with some contractions. never quite 'mastered' them. Anyway I digress, when it came to 'life knowledge' my parents had me beat hands down, and I have often wished I had listened more to them.. My mom wasn't very smart (educated), but she was a genius when it came to living.

~Shoshoni
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On the Warriors path. Always with Honor! A Saitada Alt.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Stuff~

~Shoshoni

yay~ b:thanks
    besides teh human education system be flawed. Too much of the so called "human factor" b:chuckle
    b:sweat
    well me just a hamster what do me know.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShiiraBaenre - Sanctuary
    ShiiraBaenre - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Idk..b:chuckle other then some of the graphic violent parts of the game not much of this game is overtly adult in nature...though if i had to target one area that would be highly visible to parental units and over achieving carebears it would be the female fashion of PW...yep lots of adult content there...I dislike carebears with a passion...aways getting in other ppls business, but if my daughter(upon reaching teenage yrs) were to be caught wearing half the stuff they give us to wear...

@whooping would insue.

Besides that the only thing that might get a bit adult is WC(world chat) at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    Whadafak - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    does nub parents dun raised you quite right yeh noes?