Herc and Nix investing...lvl too low?

Nocticula - Harshlands
Nocticula - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
I have been reading alot about these and want them. Now, I'm trying to make sense of it. So, you have to have 9999 units of Phoenix Feathers and or Soul's of Force. The battle pet pack is 50 silver but only contains 10 to 50? Has anyone gotten just 10 or exacly 50? I can not do it all at once but here and there.
Main thing is, what level do you have to be to even get the Herc or Nix?
Is my level too low...?
[sigpic] [/sigpic]

Something Something Something DarkSide
Post edited by Nocticula - Harshlands on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have been reading alot about these and want them. Now, I'm trying to make sense of it. So, you have to have 9999 units of Phoenix Feathers and or Soul's of Force. The battle pet pack is 50 silver but only contains 10 to 50? Has anyone gotten just 10 or exacly 50? I can not do it all at once but here and there.
    Is my level too low...?

Both pets start as level 1 pets.
    The packs seem to average 26 feathers/SOPs, that is howcome people say it costs around $200 per pet.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yupo, each pack gives you exactly 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50.
    The chances aren't equal though - you're more likely to get low than high, and yes an average of 26 is about right.

You CAN use a nix or herc right from level one. It's overkill and you'd probably do better to learn with a weaker pet first, but the option is there if you cash-shop enough. (Or if you fund it from an alt, I guess)
  • Nocticula - Harshlands
    Nocticula - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well it kinda suxs you dont know how many you get in each pack but worth it later i'm sure. I started with Magmite and added other skills to him. I'm a level 41 now, in starting with level 1 Herc would that hurt me in the long run; having to start all over again in training another pet or does Herc have strong defence/Magick to begin with? I see stats for high levels but not lower levels. I'm just being careful....
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]

Something Something Something DarkSide
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    average per pack is about 26-27 from what I have found. I dont have any proof of this, but that is what you should expect.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well it kinda suxs you dont know how many you get in each pack but worth it later i'm sure. I started with Magmite and added other skills to him. I'm a level 41 now, in starting with level 1 Herc would that hurt me in the long run; having to start all over again in training another pet or does Herc have strong defence/Magick to begin with? I see stats for high levels but not lower levels. I'm just being careful....

You will have to spend some time leveling it, but it honestly won't take that long at your level. It's better to get the herc earlier than later, because trying to catch up at a high level will be a pain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    It takes maybe an hour to get a herc from 1-30.
    Maybe four hours to get it from 30-40.

Getting it from 40-50 took me a week of just playing normally. It's not a big deal.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It takes maybe an hour to get a herc from 1-30.
    Maybe four hours to get it from 30-40.

Getting it from 40-50 took me a week of just playing normally. It's not a big deal.

now imagine u are lv 95 and finaly get herc
    it will take 2-3 weeks gettin 0 drop 0 exp each mob u kill ( less tiem if u go in cube )

not big deal... u wrong it a big deal
    that why we say get it asap and ma ke it level same time as you
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Come on, it doesn't take that long. To get some more data to figure out how attack growth works, I leveled a soft cactopod from 4 to 95 earlier today in cube, it only took 10 hours. Oh, and it was with 100% exp/attack rather than the usual 150% exp/120% attack so that I could remove bonuses from the equation, it's complicated enough already.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Come on, it doesn't take that long. To get some more data to figure out how attack growth works, I leveled a soft cactopod from 4 to 95 earlier today in cube, it only took 10 hours. Oh, and it was with 100% exp/attack rather than the usual 150% exp/120% attack so that I could remove bonuses from the equation, it's complicated enough already.

OMG you serious? i dont think i would be able to be bothered to do that... leveling my herc from 73 to 80 is tiring enough lol
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Of course, how else would I be able to accurately calculate the damage output and survival of every given pet at every level with both starting and customized skills?

73 to 80 (assuming you max it in 80) is only 1306 kills. 6 kills per 8 seconds isn't too hard, you can usually ae 2, send the pet for one, and then hit 3 with venomous. 1306 kills is only 30 minutes of killing. A bit less if you work some novas in too for a larger radius ae when you need it.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Nice!

Levelling the pet up to about ten levels short of your current level is always very fast - 'cause you can just go to a higher levelled area and aoe stuff to death.

The last ten or so, yes, unless you mousebash, are slow. But by then the pet is good enough to fight your quests with you.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Is my level too low...?
    You can buy it at lvl 1 but can't hatch it untill you get your pet skills like heal and revive.
  • Luminarunar - Sanctuary
    Luminarunar - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    the herc starts at level 1 so once u get ur tame pet skills, u can hatch the egg (which costs 50k b:surrender) and start using it.

with herc's skill reflect, lvling it by aoe grinding is not difficult.

i got mine @ level 67+ and i got it up from lvl 1 - 40 within 3 hours + and from 40 - 60 another 3- 4 hours. the last 60 - 67/68 levels i just went to aoe grind at mobs near its level and i pretty much got it up to same level as me between a day to 2 days time. fyi, i did not level it in cube cos i keep can't get the freaking dice number for it. hence, i got pissed and went aoe grind outside b:cry
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Don't forget if your going for hercules when you get 100 feathers you can exchange the feathers for 100 SOF at a pet trainer. You can do it other way also.