Failz veno

Options
Kyuu_rei - Heavens Tear
Kyuu_rei - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
I have been running BH 39 in solo mode ever since I could.

Last night, on my lowbie archer, a Veno with a scorpion joined the squad.

The veno in question went for the furthest possible distance when sending in the pet for luring. When the target mob went further out, the scorpion would returned to the veno.

Also, the veno tends to attack the mob as soon as the pet has hit the mob and usually resulted in pulling aggro onto herself.

One fine example would be the Reaver (exploding mob). The pet hit the Reaver, but she casted ironwood and it might have crited, resulting in her death and almost wiped out another archer and bm in the team.

During Farren, she spammed skills as soon as the BM has engaged.

Does she even learnt her lesson with the Reaver mob and all the failed pulls she did?

And scorpion is not good in holding aggro because as soon as her spells hits, the mob will run to her instead.

I have solo-ed BH 39 as long as my lvl 50-59 lasted and I do know the dungeon.

But that veno could tell me not to tell her how to do her job while she has repeated all those mistakes over and over again.

Did she not read the aggro mechanism and understand that always let tanks have the aggro first ?

What if she crited again on her first hit and boss went after her again?

She would also someday, lead a Bh for lower levels. Being confident is one thing, overconfidence can lead to undesirable consequences. b:bye
Post edited by Kyuu_rei - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I've had similar problems with other Venos while I am playing my Cleric. The Veno used her Magmite to DD on the bosses but failed to turn off the skills so during the course of killing Chintien her Magmite died about four or five times and she would not listen to anything I said. Nor, however, would she listen to me when I would tell her she needed to Amp to make it go faster. She often pulled agro from the BM/Barb. I let her stay dead for a while at one point. I have a feeling that many players now are "Oracle Babies" and simply do not understand the intricacies of playing their class.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ahh, the results of whoracles :P

pouhahaha fail oracle and scarlet fruit again ;)
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Now do be fair, everyone makes mistakes. But throw that veno at the guides, for all out sakes :)

Veno mechanics aren't entirely obvious - heck, it sounds like they at least tried to pull, which puts them ahead of the pack.

Still, if they won't learn then they won't learn. My only possible excuse for them is if they know what to do, but kept messing up due to a lack of practice, or lack of sleep. Surely you can't say you've never tried to pull from out of range? (Which with farren's guards is annoyingly easy, the damn things have a stupidly short aggro radius)
    And scorpion is not good in holding aggro because as soon as her spells hits, the mob will run to her instead.

That's just underlevelled skills on the pet, then. The scorps damage output is generally really nice.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I saw a lvl 59 with a herc do great jop in FB39 as it was just the 2 of us we went all the way to kill of Farren.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yup, herc can solo fb39 easily enough at level 50. The only hard bit is staying out of farren's aoe.

Wait till that veno gets bored and starts doing it with other, sillier, pets for the heck of it. That can get real interesting :)
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have a feeling that many players now are "Oracle Babies" and simply do not understand the intricacies of playing their class.

i agree entirely, there also large number of incompetant fools and cowards. i saw someone at the head hunter yesterday shouting "forming sqaud for BH39 NEED lvl60+ barb" i mean seriously a barb with any kind of skill at all could tank it at lvl45, a BM probably at lvl55
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it's normal. several 9x venos pull aggro that way even without a crit. guess it's the combination of poor timing and the wrong pet skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I pull aggro all the time, it's generally for fun though. I like seeing if I'll survive or if the mob will die.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People use venos just to make coin. This rumor about venos being good money makers creates a lot of so called fail venos that ride off other people's labors in squads. Why not just kick the leeches?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MondKatze - Dreamweaver
    MondKatze - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can say it clearly, I am a noob :D
    I started yesterday and I found it quite hard to play a veno right, because people see many mistakes in the way you play them.
    So mybe she didnt knew how to play a veno the right way? :D
    *wonders how Tideborn will fly*
    b:chuckle

This is my little forum-veno :P
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    People use venos just to make coin. This rumor about venos being good money makers creates a lot of so called fail venos that ride off other people's labors in squads. Why not just kick the leeches?

One of those rare times I totaly, 100%, completely agree, without any reservations, with tweakz.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kouankyuuka - Heavens Tear
    Kouankyuuka - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Well, we managed to reached Farren and it wouldn't be nice to just kick her out at the last moment. I just simply blacklist her and will not run with her b:victory
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I do notice the opposite those with hercs ppl will want to join you to kill mobs.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    For fail venos I blame two things - oracles and herc (gotten at low level). From my experience, those who got herc at low levels often lack skills in squads. Those who has no herc or get it later, often learns to use different pets, addapt to different situations better, can react faster in crisis situations. There are always exceptions of course, but that's my general opinion.
    it's normal. several 9x venos pull aggro that way even without a crit. guess it's the combination of poor timing and the wrong pet skills.
    If veno is demon, then add demon venomous scarab too. -30% wood resistance isn't always a good thing :(
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can say it clearly, I am a noob :D
    I started yesterday and I found it quite hard to play a veno right, because people see many mistakes in the way you play them.
    So mybe she didnt knew how to play a veno the right way? :D

At level 7 there's no need to worry.

When you start getting into higher level dungeons and acquiring new skills, you should be learning how to pull monsters right and which skills to use when. Basically you should be able to apply what you learn from grinding into dungeon instances. What you cant learn there, your squad will teach you if you listen.

There's no excuse for level 40+ venomancers running ahead and stealing aggro from mobs then cursing the clerics and barbs for not doing their job right. I had low levels die with me in FB19s because of their own stupidity then they had the nerve to blame me for it. I left the squad of course.

One cleric yelled I'LL SAVE YOU!! while running up to the FB19 boss and attacking it. He died so fast I couldnt take the aggro back. The lesson here is, don't be a hero. Heroes are tools. Be a team player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Reikara ME WILL SAVE YOU!
    *gets one shot*
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver
    Dynaskid_MM - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i agree entirely, there also large number of incompetant fools and cowards. i saw someone at the head hunter yesterday shouting "forming sqaud for BH39 NEED lvl60+ barb" i mean seriously a barb with any kind of skill at all could tank it at lvl45, a BM probably at lvl55

lol my bm tanked kimsa at 45 so farren aint that hard :P