LA?

Options
Ryukezen - Sanctuary
Ryukezen - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
I've been wondering on how to do this for some time and so here we go!

I currently have a lvl 30 cleric as an alt and im wondering this. What should I do to make him LA? I've never done a character based on LA and I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I plan on making him LA within the next 10-20 lvls so that he wont have such a risky chance of dying. (hates dying)

If anyone could help me out, it'd be nice.
Post edited by Ryukezen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Senpai_ - Sanctuary
    _Senpai_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    LA is quite simple, i say, min Str and Dex for ur armor, 1 point of vit every two lvl til u get like 50 vit, rest goes into magic. i say use citrine gems and vit bonus equips for more survivability.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    if i was ever going to make a light armour cleric, i would keep the current Dex and Str one set above what it should be using the top as a Template.

for example at level 10 i would have the Requirments for 20 top, at level 20 i would have the requirments at 30.

i do however suggest you dont make your Cleric light armour from the off, light armour clerics need alot of added stats from gear to make it a feasible build and at the lower levels there arnt many equipments to do that. i would suggest LA at level 50-80 or possibly 90 if u like to PvE
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    just, my recomendation. if you go Light armor, you shouldn't put any in vit. LA already sucks up too much points for strength and dex. so you need to keep enough in mag. otherwise you'll have weak heals, and low mp pool. and if your heals can't keep barb alive, your cleric will go byebye b:bye.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    just, my recomendation. if you go Light armor, you shouldn't put any in vit. LA already sucks up too much points for strength and dex. so you need to keep enough in mag. otherwise you'll have weak heals, and low mp pool. and if your heals can't keep barb alive, your cleric will go byebye b:bye.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Ryukezen - Sanctuary
    Ryukezen - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone.

I've just decided to keep him as an Arcane type Cleric. Just to much stress for my brain to handle and I definitely don't want my cleric to be a fail. A lot of my friends that I heal for say I make a good cleric and im contemplating on retiring my BM and going to him.

Or should I wait and work on him once my BM is more higher in say the 70's?
  • Kyrinia - Dreamweaver
    Kyrinia - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I've never seen a situation other then TW where people are like, "Oh, good, a LA cleric"
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    <-- LA cleric

for Light armor clerics, there is only 1 build;

3 mag, 1str, and 1 dex per lvl. u have no extra points for anything. ur heals r weak, but it's enough to keep ppl alive. ur not gimped completley in dmg cause u have alot higher crit rate. and refines on ur weapon hlp out alot.

u gain ALOT more phys def and u lose like 5% mag deffence (seems to be a BFD to lose 5% to gain 30% =/. not to mention u can still wear robes). as far as hp goes u can shard w/ hp, but u get most ur hp from refines. so alot of LA clerics shard magic def.

if u want my opinion, go pure mag till about 50, so ull lvl faster. then add some points in vit till u are hybrid (7,2,1) for TT and it's one of the cheapest cleric builds. then later u can think about LA if u want for TW and wat-nots ^^.